Antique Pink Conch Pearl

Bodecia

Pearl Designer & Collector
Hi All,

I guess I must be trying to collect every type of pearl that exists because I bought this one tonight.

It is 6.5 x 3.5 mm and as you can see is on a Stick Pin or Hat Pin. Not that I will be using it that way. I suppose it will be half drilled the long way.

Not sure what I will do with it in the long run. I realise it is not big but still I think when I take macro photo of it it may show some great flame. Can see it from a distance in these photos.

Can't help myself, Pearl Magic takes control dah, dah, dah, dah.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://stores.ebay.com/Dawns-Designer-Collections
Natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 36

Attachments

• AAA white & pink CONCH NECKLACE.jpg
    AAA white & pink CONCH NECKLACE.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 34
Those look much more to me like beads made from the conch shell than actual conch pearls. Note the shading with pink and ivory on some of the beads. I have conch beads in several sizes that look similar. Thanks, Dawn for posting this. Your new genuine Conch pearl is beautiful!

Hi Caitlin,

That is an excellent idea. An Evaluation forum. Great one. I should now ask how much is it worth??? :)

Pattye, Thank you very much. It is very cute I think and has a great colour. The seller listed it as a Conch Shell Pin. Not pearl.

Dawn - Bodecia

Obviously carved shell. Don't these people worry about being sued?

If you are referring to the conch shell beads, I've sent this email to the seller, "Have you had these certified as actual conch PEARLS? They look like conch shell beads, that are pretty, but carved from the shell. I have paid less than $50 for strands of conch shell beads. If you want to see what real conch pearls look like, check out www.pearl-guide.com.

and because the person replied, "THANK YOU FOR VIEWING MY AUCTION, MAKE IT A GREAT WEEK." I went ahead and reported it to ebay. Doubt if anything will be done.

Oh, but it's such a beautiful NECKLESS! LOL Maybe you have to be headless to be dumb enough to bid on it......

- Jodie -

(lovely conch pearl Dawn! I am thinking you got it for a good price if it was listed as conch shell too.....)

Hi Jodie,

(lovely conch pearl Dawn! I am thinking you got it for a good price if it was listed as conch shell too.....)

I am really not up on these really exotic type pearls so I don't know what a good price is. I paid 130 pound and I figure as it is not big I probably paid around its value. Would love to hear that I got a great deal. Regardless would like to know a rough value for it. I just don't know the prices of these unusual pearls. When I did some research the prices varied so much that I just took a punt in the end.

I am wondering whether it would make a great little pendant if the pin was bent around by a goldsmith, not just your average jeweller. Actually I am looking for a top notch goldsmith/jeweller here in Australia as I have a pendant I need to have set. It is not a pearl though but an antique emerald from India. The necklace it ends up on will probably have pearls on it though. Just can't resist adding pearls.

If anyone knows of a great goldsmith in Australia please do share the name with me. I have had a couple of bad experiences with incompetent jewellers near where I live.

Dawn - Bodecia

Back