Another GEM THE BEST "SEANATURAL" South Sea Pearl Ebay Seller pearlwholesale98

Agustus-Collection

Another GEM THE BEST "SEANATURAL" South Sea Pearl Ebay Seller pearlwholesale98

This morning we got a email from a buyer notifying us that someone is using our photos.

While this is nothing new and common, we were pretty stunned to see this sellers listings.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/pearlwholesale98/m.html?item=290835634887&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

1. the seller did not bother to crop the photos and some even show the original watermarks, can you spot your photos as well?

2. the seller sells fakes all the way through its listings

3. the sellers description pretty much violates the ebay policies in every aspect.

4. the seller is TOP SELLER.. how is that even possible?

Someone needs to have a field day here!!! Anyone keen to get a natural BLUE south sea pearl necklace cheaply?

Cheers from a rainy Bali :)

Sven, just being curious, would this be a copyright infringement as the picture clearly shows the name of your company?
Given that you have a copyright for the name and logo, and that the use of the picture is deemed illegal... ?

Well eBay has a clear policy about this

'Policy overview

eBay members are not allowed to use images—including photos and other pictures—or text they didn't create themselves. Exceptions to this policy would be if they are authorized to do so by the owner, its agent, or the law.

You can use images and text descriptions from the eBay product catalog in your listings without violating this policy. The product catalog may include, at our discretion, select seller-generated images or photos from seller listings. Unless the seller opts out of this program, the inclusion of such seller-generated photos in the eBay product catalog and the use of catalog content by eBay sellers in their eBay listings is authorized under the User Agreement.

If you choose not to use photos or product descriptions from eBay's product catalog, the best way to make sure you follow our policies is to take your own photos and write your own descriptions. This will help you avoid the risks of using someone else's pictures or text, and you won't need to worry about getting permission from any third parties.

Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.'

Other than that we would have extreme difficulties to proceed any legal actions with a seller based in china, i am afraid.

What makes me mad is that this seller is a TOP RATED seller and i have NO idea how this can be!

Sven,

They get a Top Rating because they give free shipping and that is the whole reason. I believe shipping from China is dirt cheap. Sometimes I get Top Rated for a day and then it is gone. On expensive items and wherever I can I do give free shipping but shipping via registered post costs me around $30 now. Standard airmail costs $15 plus and on cheaper items there is no way I can give free shipping so I miss out.

Shipping/postage costs are expensive from Australia which is unfortunate for me.

So I do believe all a seller has to do to get a Top Rating shipping has to be free or dirt cheap. Your postage is fairly cheap and you also offer free shipping on purchases $500 or over and this would be your great asset. But you are a great seller apart from this. The other site only has to offer free or dirt cheap shipping to get the rating and it doesn't seem to matter that they are shonky.

It is sicking the way people are falling for the so called Australian SS pearls and so called Tahitians. Any items showing the real thing is obviously not what the customer gets. I don't understand how the seller is getting away with it. He may be buying off customers who realise that they have been cheated by letting them keep the goods and repaying the money. That is all I can think of.

For the most part they also have good feedback which knowing what we do seems suspicious. Could be they are getting friends to "buy" and leave glowing feedback.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 and natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover.

Hi Dawn,

well yes Free Shipping is one thing, EBAY LOVES FREE shipping, i believe soon we will need to offer free shipping and free items as well to be a top seller.

We pay more on shipping then we actually ask for and have a certain percentage of items with free shipping from the start,
for this of course there will be a 5 start Detailed Seller Rating or DSR.

I agree that China and also Thailand for example has much better shipping options then Australia or Indonesia,
simple because those countries are much closer to the main hubs.

Our regular mail items sometimes take already several days until they reach the main asia hubs before those actually leave to the States
or elsewhere. Shipping from China and likes, is cheaper and faster, i agree with that.

But besides that, there are actually many many other requirements ebay has implemented to become a top seller.
( maybe different rules for china? )

Depend of the amount of transactions, one or two low DSR are enough to spoil that. Having that said, lets take a look at the descriptions
only, from that point there shouldnt be any way this seller gets a top seller rating.

Plus the negative and neutrals already received should do the rest.

I agree, that there might be a 'friend you no leave negative i send money' involved, we have had that in the past during our test buys, a lot.

I didn't had the time going trough all, but i found out that this seller has multiple ID's selling with the same photos, and i also found out that
the seller re-lists continuously the same items over and over again, if sold.

What makes me mad is, how many people unfortunately get cheated on, receiving an AAAA Tahitian Pearl Shell Necklace with a Gold-plated Clasp...

We have contacted eBay and our eBay account manager, experience shows though when it comes to Chinese sellers that i don't need to hold my breath.

Last edited:
Have you tried a complaint to paypal - hitting them in the money? Don't know if it is possible but easy to open new ebay accounts, new paypal not so easy.

Paypal would spot the multple accounts though if htey all feed into one bank account and opening a bank account is harder..

Yes, with many bank accounts. They manage it. They also won't sell to Australia. Although I rarely give bad feedback even when deserved I have in the past had some ding dongs with Chinese sellers over their lies. Guess too many Australians do that and they won't sell to us. Anyway the American population is big enough to keep them supplied with buyers.

This is always a shame for honest Chinese sellers but there are just too many shonky ones.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 and natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover.

I guess it must work or they wouldn't do it, but still I find that hard to believe. What about repeat business? What about all the people who won't even consider buying from China because it's too hard to weed through all the scammers? I mean, it's CHINA, where they have tons and tons of freshwater pearls and it seems would make a great profit just from the mark up. But no, they have to steal pictures, misrepresent, lie... That is good business sense?

Also, ebay gets on my nerves. Why don't they bother to enforce their own policies? Why do they allow them to weasel out of poor ratings that they've earned?

:( :( :(

$(KGrHqYOKj!E6T(IWG)QBOw)SmmZU!~~60_12.JPG

So you're telling me these aren't South Sea pearls? :p

Ebay just proofed that they are protecting this FAKE sellers big time.

CONGRATULATIONS to eBay that another Buyer was cheated with selling item # 290874608958 !

The buyer will be surprised that not to receive
AUSTRALIAN SOUTH SEANATURAL GOLD LAVENDER PEARL NECKLACE 14K

Ebay wants US to proof now that we are the owner of the picture as apparently the logo in the listings used is not enough...

* I am hitting my head really really hard against the wall right now! *

Last edited:
Challenge them to tell you what proof they require when your logo is on the pic, and the listing is fraudulent.
Ask to be referred to someone senior. Don't waste your time on this minor person.

Wendy, well this is coming from our eBay account manager.

Ebay itself tells us that if the photo is copied from an nonactive listing they cant do anything, go figure!

The main shocker is that in all emails they never have shown any interest in the fraudulent listings, besides the photo issue !

I remember many many years ago we had one listing with an error in the description which was misleading, it took 5 minutes for eBay to take that listing down after id had been reported... bummer!

Talk to the account manager's manager.
The account manager is talking nonsense (probably too lazy to do anything outside easy comfort zone)
I would start to look for another outlet for your fab pearls - ebay is fast losing its reputation, it's time is fading.

Back