A Weekend spent in Paradise at The 2014 RUCKUS by 2 crazy pearl lovers

Thanks :) Update: This morning he won't take the pearl off; we had to pry it off so he could get a shower ... and we had to go back to study the surfer and fishermen photos to see why those pearls won't get lost. So now he's mastered adjusting the length, and is about to go fishing with PopPop, wearing his pearl LOL. It's fishing in the canal, and there are more ducks than fish ... but he's dancing with excitement. Yes, Marianne, the fish helped! Again, THANKS to the real men who wear pearls and the ladies who encourage them :) And SPECIAL Thanks to Pattye for choosing such a special pearl for my special boy ...

Last UPDATE: Down from the shower comes my little boy 5 minutes ago ... and the conversation went like this: "Where's my pearl? I NEED my pearl! I need to adjust my Pearl" ... followed by "PopPop! YOU NEED A PEARL!!!" with a bunch of hops and jumps thrown in ... tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks. As the boy and the hubby share a name and do everything alike, I guess we know what hubby must have for his birthday :) Oh, and we've had to retie Pattye's lovely knots three times; they no longer look lovely, but still work ... worn long has now been dubbed "like a pirate" and short is "like a fisherman" by the boy ...

Last UPDATE: Down from the shower comes my little boy 5 minutes ago ... and the conversation went like this: "Where's my pearl? I NEED my pearl! I need to adjust my Pearl" ... followed by "PopPop! YOU NEED A PEARL!!!" with a bunch of hops and jumps thrown in ... tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks. As the boy and the hubby share a name and do everything alike, I guess we know what hubby must have for his birthday :) Oh, and we've had to retie Pattye's lovely knots three times; they no longer look lovely, but still work ... worn long has now been dubbed "like a pirate" and short is "like a fisherman" by the boy ...

Lolol, if the cord wears out, I can easily pop another into the mail for you~how delightful your stories are, Cathy!

Let's hope he inspires his friends and a new generation of pearl-wearing men! :)

Love, love this. You are raising him right Cathy :)

And we passed the last hurdle tonight :) Dad met us to retrieve this adorable boy, and as they were putting the rest of his loot into the car, Dad asked "What's that around your neck ????" BOY proudly brought it out as "My new PEARL MomMom gave me" and proceeded to tell Dad all about how it was grown, how long it took, where it came from right down to "an atoll somewhere in French Polynesia in the middle of the Pacific Ocean" ... and ... Dad admired the pearl, praised the boy and put his stamp of high approval on the whole thing ... WHEW :)

Cathy - How completely wonderful! You are truly blessed to have such a beautiful grandchild and a wonderful family.

My own son is getting married this fall, and I am praying that I will one day have a beautiful grandchild of my own.

God bless, and enjoy your pearls when your dear boy is away.

What a wonderful pearl story! Your grandson obviously loves you and this will become a forever keepsake! I'm sure it will become a lifetime love of pearls. BTW I gave my DH a copper/green Tahitian pearl on a leather cord and he wears it occassionally (mostly when we're on vacation which isn't often enough lol!)!

It was a lot of fun as always. I was talking to Douglas this morning and he reckons once a year isn't enough. LOL I believe he is right. Either way it is good to see our group getting larger. 5 years now and better every year. We missed a few who had other obligations but lets hope next year they can join in. I am sure the ruckus will keep growing. The passion for pearls is strong and we have some of the most passionate pearl lovers on the planet. Great information from farmers, vendors, suppliers and designers. I don't think there is a more knowledgeable group about pearls anywhere. If you love pearls the ruckus is the place to be. If I don't see you before then I will see you all again in 2015. I'll see if I can find an extra suitcase anywhere. ;)

We don't want suitcase. We want a large treasure chest filled with pearls. ;)

Attachments

• MIKEYY?S TREASURE CHEST.jpg
    MIKEYY?S TREASURE CHEST.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 39
Sheri and I have lots of fancy trims….. we could deck that baby out (the suitcase)…. !

Well, that clinches it of course ... just let me know how big the treasure chest needs to be ... I have access to several :) Fancy trims ... yes! My sister and I once bedecked a charity auction Christmas Tree in ropes of pearls (faux, sadly) as garland, handmade flying carpet and treasure chest ornaments and a tree "topper" crown in the shape of a jeweled "Arabian Nights" city skyline ... that tree was bought by an oriental rug store.

Jeremy -- I happily looked through the photos with DH. Such nice memories!

Back