A Weekend spent in Paradise at The 2014 RUCKUS by 2 crazy pearl lovers

Close ups of beautiful Japanese Lake Kasumi pearls 2014ruckus 253.jpg

2014ruckus 247.jpg
I'm sorry I don't have information on these interesting pieces. Please ask Sarah for more info.

I was overwhelmed and took a nap, therefore missing all of this beauty. Wendy, you are a peach to share your gorgeous photos. :)

Come to think of it, this explains why everyone was so happy that night! :)

View attachment 30478
Douglas selling Sea of Cortez pearls and mabe Saturday afternoon.

Thank you for this great photo (click on the attachment), lilliefuzzysocks. I remember you snapping this shot. If I'm not mistaken, the stunningly colorful mabe pair in the lower left of the photo went home with you. Shortly after this picture was taken, I selected the big reddish pink green mabe with the high peak sitting just a bit to the right and slightly behind surrounded by the blues and silvers. The mabe in the front of the table were U quality, or the very best. The smaller mabe grouped in the middle of the table next to the bags of small pearls were the next quality down. I selected two of those to go with my big U mabe. Mine are not a perfect color match, but I realized upon seeing these pearls in person, that it didn't matter to me. I look forward to seeing how you style your beauties.

SoC_8592.jpg

Last edited:
Red, I think your Mabe's are just perfectly "mismatched" :)))) Congratulations, and I can't wait to see how you have them finished!

I am really forward to seeing how people set their mabes. I have four gorgeous loose ones from last summer's harvest waiting to be set... I haven't found the perfect solution yet and can hardly wait to see what everyone does with their beauties.

Okay, I'm now officially regretting not getting a mabe from Douglas ... everything was SO NEW for me ... I imagine Douglas could help me with this problem LOL. I have an idea for setting one ... something to look forward to :)

I am really forward to seeing how people set their mabes. I have four gorgeous loose ones from last summer's harvest waiting to be set... I haven't found the perfect solution yet and can hardly wait to see what everyone does with their beauties.

Well, I don't have one (yet), but I love the way this blue eyris mabe has been set.
91-15-ps-enh.jpg

Back