Using for tools holder??

pattye

Pearl Scholar
Hi all you helpful beaders,

What are you using to keep your pliers and tools handy? I have been going nuts because the tool holders don't work well with Lindstrom tools because of how they are hinged. So finally am trying some old lipstick holders I was getting ready to recycle, and they work pretty well, so thought I would share-----------

IMGP1222_resize.jpg

IMGP1225_resize.jpg

What is working for you????

I just throw them all in a plastic bin.

Lamp that does dual duty. Cigar boxes for old tools. Plastic bins for towels, needles, threads, wax, and all the little gizmos.

Attachments

• LS-20155.jpg
    LS-20155.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 51
Hi Pattye, that is such a great idea. You must have a very neat working space; and nice tools too. I have a small table that serves as my sewing and knotting area. The container is an aluminum stove cover, partially lined with flannel, and my cheap tool set. Thread, gimp, findings, etc are in drawers. I sometimes carry the tray downstairs to knot while watching TV.

Attachments

• IMG_3334_1.jpg
    IMG_3334_1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 44
Oh my! That is beautifully tidy!! Soooo not my strong suit! Knotty, really like the lamp with compartments attached.

I am very messy, have a 5 ft work table covered with suede cloth, no, you truly don't want to see photos!!

Also have a couple of rolling organizers with wire bins.

The tools were a good investment--I have large hands and needed the ergo grips--makes a big difference when I am doing a lot of wire wrapping.

Am really, really wanting to be more organized-------

Here is a fly fishing caddy from Cabella's that a friend uses for her jewelry tools. I think it runs about $45.00 which would be a small price for me to pay to TRY and be organized!

Julie

Attachments

• Cabella's pearl caddy.jpg
    Cabella's pearl caddy.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 42
Am I the only one who kept the little plastic covers that fit over the business end of the tools? Keeps me from doing damage to myself when I'm reaching/rummaging/not looking where I'm going.

For my tools I have a used plastic icecream box, they are big enough so everything fits.

I keep my tools in a small drawer in the little desktop set of drawers that all my findings are in. Stringing supplies in a tray under the desk. And Pattye, I love my little plastic covers.. I am a little **** about these things.

Am I the only one who kept the little plastic covers that fit over the business end of the tools? Keeps me from doing damage to myself when I'm reaching/rummaging/not looking where I'm going.

No, you're not alone Knotty.
My tools all have their plastic covers in place.
I figure they are supplied with the tools to protect the tips, so I should take the hint.

And I love the Cabelas tidy - might treat myself to that and free up some drawer space....

Oh, you guys are amazing. I have a special portable plastic cabinet that my wonderful, organized, CPA S-I-L gave me. There is a place there for each tool.
Trouble is, when I need a tool it's rarely in it's place. I have three boards and the tools are usually with what ever project I was working on last.

Does anybody sharpen their drill bits? I've never had to sharpen anything this small before and am at a loss how to go about it? It seems pretty expensive to have to keep buying new ones. But once they get dull they eat the pearls.
Help please.

barbie

I keep everything in a large fishing tackle box with 3 trays on each side. All the tools and more, plastic bags for sorting, silk bags, a smaller box of findings, goggles, a couple of spools of PowerPro fit perfectly. One bead board with a lid actually fits inside it. I have a little make up tray in the very bottom where I keep a few gems in plastic bags.

I also have a collection of trays similar to US Cathy's from second hand stores. When doing a project I put a bead board and all supplies for the piece in the tray, on a towel. I love any and all boxes that hold things. I have my needles in a little hand made wooden box with a sliding lid. I keep my beads in those multi-compartment containers. I have at least one 7 compartment container for each different color of gemstones and beads so I can sort not only by color, but size and shape. I keep in the 14 section containers.f I keep single strands and partially used strands of pearls, glues and softflex in one of those 28 drawer thingys from the hardware store. I love the tackle box because I can take it anywhere in the house to work and also its great for taking out to friends and for traveling.

Does anyone like to sort the leftover beads/pearls and put them away? Or do you collect a jar of mixed beads?

Inge,

I like that idea, too, eat more ice cream, get more storage boxes! My grandkids would be glad to help out!

Caitlin,
I can vouch for the excellent fishing tackle box, since I have seen it! I have a plastic bucket for the beads that don't meet my expectations of quality, the good leftovers I store in a together in a drawer, just in case someone wants a piece lengthened, or earrings made. That way I know where to look first!

Work bench

Work bench

Here is a small photo of part of my workbench. I'm squeezed in between a workshop and photo studio. I use antique dishes for my projects as well as a 1930's table.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 41
Back