Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Those are beautiful on you SunSeeker! They look very round and lustrous-- thank you for sharing : )

Today I'm wearing my pastel Tahitians.

Today I'm wearing my pastel Tahitians Pearl Paradise

Thank you kelluvpearls, baby nurse and JP! I appreciate the kind words! And baby nurse those Tahitians are perfect on you!

Sunseeker, gorgeous ripples!

Baby nurse, the pastels are beautiful and so intriguing. They appear to look so different depending on what you're wearing. What colours do you mostly see in person?

Thanks SunSeeker, Katbran, JP, Tucs, hanadama.

Hanadama, I think this strand is more chameleon-like than my other Tahitians because I'd swear it's a different piece depending on what I'm wearing. When I wear grey they look silver and pistachio. With seafoam I see more pastels with pinks and blues.

IMG 1153
PPpasteTs3.jpg

Hi from Venice! Miss you all :) No pearls, but this amazing rhinoceros is in the drawing room of our hotel. Look closely, his ears are geodes, sides encrusted with amethysts, and large single amethyst crystal horn and toenails!

image.jpg

BN your Tahitian drops are very interesting, you have a good eye for picking pearls.
CathyKeshi you must be having lots of fun! The rhinoceros is a work of art, your hotel looks beautiful and plush.

Haha, love the rhino!

BN, your chameleon pastel tahitians really do change color! Gorgeous. Part of the reason I kept the Kojima strand I recently bought (instead of buying the Edisons I was lusting after) was that they completely changed color when I tried them on. It was so noticeable that my jaw dropped between taking them out of the box and putting them on my neck. When I tried to match them to different outfits, they changed color again. I was smitten.

Today I'm wearing my BBBAs (Big Blue Baroque Akoyas). When I first got them, I was in love. They were the biggest bluest pearls I owned. Now I wish I'd gotten something a bit better. I haven't fallen out of love with them. They go great with faded denim. I've just discovered so many other pearls that are bluer, or bigger, or more colorful.

IMG_0961.jpg

Thanks, BWeaves. Tahitians are fascinating that way!

Glad to hear you've had such a positive experience with yours-- they are truly gorgeous. I admired them on Sarah's site. They have such wonderful luster and colors.

The older I get, the more I appreciate the baroque, not perfectly matched strands. They seem to be more colorful and more interesting than my perfectly matched strands. However, I do seem to have a limit as to how much baroque I find attractive. Keshis and odd lumps and bumps don't appeal to me in general, but specific pearls or strands like that may call to me.

Too hot today. Brought out my summer pearls. My reborn pearls tin cup and matching earrings are so lightweight that I have to keep checking that I'm wearing them, and haven't lost them. Since the earrings are fish hooks, and the necklace also closes with a simple hook, I have occasionally had them come off unexpectedly.

IMG_0969.jpg

They really do not photograph well. They have a very good soap bubble like orient.
I love the squiggle in the long twisted gold beads.

Your pastel Tahitians are enviable, I love seeing how they change color with different colored tops!

Rocking the tinies with my James Banks buckeye butterfly today

Rocking the tinies with my James Banks buckeye butterfly

Oh, I like the pipis and the butterfly. Please tell me more about the butterfly.

I have to share this, even though I'm not wearing it (yet) and it's not pearl related (OK, I laid some Tahitians on it).

This silk and wool woven shibori just came off my loom. Shibori is a Japanese tie dye technique, only I let my loom do the tie up part and I steamed the fabric instead of dyeing it, to get permanent pleats. It will become the "ribbing" on the sleeves and cowl neck of a woven sweater I'm making. I wanted a neutral that had a taffeta effect of shifting color as it moved, so the warp is green orlon and the weft is orange silk and wool. It's the plastic in the orlon that sets the pleats permanently so they won't fall out if the fabric gets wet.
That's the only reason I would even touch orlon.

IMG_0971.jpg
IMG_0974.jpg

That is truly a COOL piece of fabric, BWeaves! Love the pleated design!

The butterfly is by James Banks and is a combination of metals but primarily silver. It's a buckeye butterfly, which reminds me of Kentucky :)

Last edited:
Just pulled together a few things -- these pink and green tourmalines I strung a few years ago, an enhancer finding and a Tahitian pearl.

pink and green tourmalines I strung a few years ago, an enhancer finding and a Tahitian pearl

Back