Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about it! and Thank you, cats and kittens! That’s what my MiL used to say.

I figure, I enjoy everybody else’s stuff I ought to contribute once in a while, even if it’s simple stuff. Like the cartoon dog with the cape - “Humble, yet lovable”.
    Last edited by lisa c; 11-12-2020, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Iíve not heard that before, LisaC, but I am glad to see your posts!!

Rikitea Tahitians from Cees, with another strand of multicolor Tís and earrings with jade slices.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	AAE82418-8781-4870-95D1-FAB6F419F970.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	395422

Name:	695B3A1B-7413-4400-BF52-06A435965D54.jpg
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	395423

Comment

• Those are gorgeous Jeg.

Comment

• Lovely!!! I'm wearing pearls, but not posting. I'm testing 1099 patches for the IRS changes to the forms, and it isn't going well. Work is stressing me out a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeg View Post
            Thanks so much, Charlotta! Sometimes I have to force myself to think beyond dark clothes and Tahitians during the fall and winter.

Freshwater pearls from Pearls By The Bay, knotted into a rope. An Edison pendant from PP, with earrings and keshi chain I made.
            [ATTACH]76373[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76374[/ATTACH]
            Jeg, I absolutely adore the colours in your rope. You also have another metallic ripple rope That I am so jealous of! I wish more like this would be available for sale from vendors!

Comment

• Thanks so much Charlotta, BWeaves and CMN!

BWeaves, I hope you get some work relief soon.

CMN, I used two temp strands to make that rope. They were unusually long temp strands so I was able to make a long rope and bracelet. If you are interested in a metallic rope, your best bet would probably be to contact some of the vendors to see if they have a couple matching strands to make into a rope. I never thought about it, but I guess most of the metallics are made into, and sold as, short strands.

Kojima keshi and beaded rope, with a necklace I made with pearls from Pearls By The Bay.

Name:	200F6578-7D34-495C-B3F9-ED43387087C1.jpeg
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	395439

Name:	3EC6EF93-08B1-4D4F-8E96-974CD34B83D9.jpg
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	395440

Comment

• Beautiful beautiful pearls and outfits as always Jeg!
                Love those jade slices earrings, I have tried wire-wrapping again inspired by you so when the weather gets finally pearl-friendly (havent seen the sun whole week here!!!) will snap a few pictures with my finished Tahitian Love necklace ( Yes! the pearls from Druzy have arrived and they are perfect!).

SydK, I am still waiting for my white Edisons to arrive but will definitely post when I get to making the necklace.

Comment

• BWeaves - I understand that feeling of being stressed and not wearing jewellery ! I can't stand having something around my neck when I'm agitated ( fortunately a rare occurrence ). Hope work settles soon !

jeg- aren't the Riki pearls great ? The colours are so deep and varied ! And of course I love the necklace you made ... so cute !
                  https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                  https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• I'm afraid I'm the same way when anxious .. often ALL the jewelry comes OFF. But sometimes it's soothing, and it's certainly armor when facing a doctor who doesn't want to listen ... at least it is in my mind lol. Hang in there BWeaves!

Jeg, those new Rikiteas are stunning; such bright colors! And of course, one of my all time favorites, the Myanmars!!! You bring so much light and joy with your posts; we are so lucky to have you with us. I admit my very favorite this week is that luscious red paisley wooly jacket Hugs!
                    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Thank you eolian! I hope the wire wrapping is getting easier and you find a rhythm that works for you. I am hoping to get a few more of the gemstone slices so I can start working on gifts for the holidays.

Katbran, yes, I love the colors on the Rikitea strand, thank you!

CathyKeshi, what sweet and very generous compliments. I do have a lot of time to take pics these days... And I think of you every time I take the Myanmar strand out.

A brooch from Kojima, and a Fiji bracelet from a PP ruckus.

Name:	F32421A7-37C0-45E3-9FC3-4E1579549A9F.jpeg
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	395441

Name:	178F9D02-11E6-49DA-ABA9-B5DC9C21D46C.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	395442

Comment

• Jeg, I've never seen this type of pearl brooch, and I love how you are wearing it in the photo - what a beautiful and creative piece! Kojima does make such lovely jewelry

Comment

• Thanks so much, SurfnSci! I can’t remember the exact story behind these brooches, but they are not made in house. There’s a woman who makes them, and Sarah has brought them back from her travels. She does have an eye for finding the unique. I’m attaching a pic I have posted before of a smaller brooch I wear on a wristband.

Name:	66FE3224-B803-4265-ABEB-B483A380612C.jpg
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	395446

Comment

• Gorgeous flower brooch, Jeg. And I love the soft colors on the fidji bracelet.

Comment

• Such pretty brooches, Jeg.
                              Fuschia with cherry Tahitians for me today

Name:	654DE7BD-B515-42A8-AF71-F646FE69A6AC.jpg
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	395460

Comment

• Those colors looks marvelous together. That strand is amazing SydK

Comment

Working...
                                X