Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Hopefully, I can get back to wearing my pearls. I'm finally home from the hospital after having my right hip replaced. I slipped & fell last week resulting in a fractured hip. Not something I would recommend to anyone. I won't be doing much traveling other than to & from Doctors & physical therapy. At least I can wear some pearls then. I've missed my luminous beauties.

Oh God! This must have slipped me! :ouch:
I'm so sorry to hear this and I hope you are on your way to full recovery
And remember: A Pearl a day...keeps the Doctors Away! All that fantastic Aragonite is good for your bones too.

Wishing a healthy and full recovery for you.

Thank you so much, Douglas, Cathy and Charlotta!!

An opera length strand of Tahitians I put together, with freshwater earrings from Hawaii.
F98530CE-2BD4-4DC6-A081-88918C506634.jpg
8F6C73C5-4EA7-42B9-B05E-4684EE5C4180.jpg

Lovely pearls everybody! I haven’t posted for quite a while, my work keeps me away more than I’d like.
I thought I’d post my Tahitian soufflé strand worn with a goldish/white Tahitian keshi strand mixed with 14k yellow beads, and my 18k vintage world globe I purchased with Jeg and newberry last year while visiting Kojima. The soufflé pearls are from PP, and one side is more bluish, the other side is a bit more golden. I’m not sure if the colors show up in these images. I made the keshi strand. Actually, I’ve made quite a few creations over the last couple years that I hope to post soon!

Attachments

• photo73044.jpg
    photo73044.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • photo73045.jpg
    photo73045.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • photo73046.jpg
    photo73046.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
Love these! ♡ ♡ ♡ I am consistently drawn to this kind of shade range, it creates so much interest.

Last edited:
Welcome back @Imgarden :cool2:
And I have to say those large, chunky baroques are simply GORGEOUS :07: and look great layered! The colors do show up but I am sure it is even more dramatic in person! Thanks for coming back and for sharing this beauty with us.

Hopefully, I can get back to wearing my pearls. I'm finally home from the hospital after having my right hip replaced. I slipped & fell last week resulting in a fractured hip. Not something I would recommend to anyone. I won't be doing much traveling other than to & from Doctors & physical therapy. At least I can wear some pearls then. I've missed my luminous beauties.

Very sorry to read this, but if it's any encouragement, my husband was back at his job (where he stands or walks all day) 2 months after his hip replacement. Do your assigned exercises faithfully, walk every day to tolerance and you will be surprised how quickly you improve. It wasn't long before I was driving my husband to the mall to take longer and longer walks (it was winter so walking outdoors was not a good option.)

Because his surgery was planned, we had time to prepare the house (and I'm a retired PT so I knew what to do.) Walking with a walker or cane requires an unobstructed, wide path throughout the home. You don't want to catch the leg of your walker or cane on anything. Remove anything you could trip on-- scatter rugs are anathema. Items you need often that are in lower drawers should be moved to higher drawers, to avoid bending your hip past 90 degrees. We also found that different long handled reachers worked better for different tasks-- it's good to have 2 different kinds. A long handled shoehorn helps a lot. A sox donning aid is essential. He had elastic laces for his shoes. No doubt you already have a shower bench but you should also get a long handled bath pouf so you can reach your feet without bending forward. A chair with arms (to help you get up to a standing position) is best. Don't try to pull yourself up to a standing position with the walker-- it isn't stable enough. Also, there are bags or baskets you can attach to the walker to carry items from room to room.

Expect to be more tired than usual for a long time. Anything that changes one's gait pattern is energy-expending. My husband was told he would not be back to his old self entirely for a full year. He was surprised that proved to be true. But he now walks 2.5 miles with a weight vest on, up and down a long hill near our home. And he's 75!

It takes some adjustments to every/day Life...but your experience is inspirational! Thanks for sharing :D

Oh my goodness, so many gorgeous pearls! I'm loving catching up on everyone's pearl looks tonight - Eolian's fabulous SoC pendant! Jeg's fantastic goldens and tahitians and pastel akoyas, and that amazing stuffed shell/SS necklace! Theseventhsphinx's incredible Victorian-esque photoshoot! Imgarden's beautiful (and giant!) baroques! So much style inspiration and #pearlgoals. Thank you all for sharing :love:

(Best wishes for a fast recovery, 86Corvettegirl!)

Last edited:
Thank you, theseventhsphinx, and SurfnSci!!! Hey, lmgarden! I remember that cool golden globe! That was a fun trip, and my first post covid flying adventure.

I purchased this white Tahitian drop from the PP VIP sale during the winter holidays and had it set in Hisano’s little h bail. Worn with a coral and little Akoya strand from Kojima, baroque gray Akoya studs from Takahashi, and two enamel flower rings from Paris.
9B5F1901-199E-457D-8B54-6792A3242B24.jpg
44D4392E-17B5-4DC0-9826-54E1E654E396.jpg

Is it just me or does anyone else feel jealous looking at all there lovely pearls? if I win a lottery I promise I’d buy the most expensive longest strand from all of the sellers here as a first priority

here’s a selfie from a shoot earlier with my beloved south sea strand. I’ve posted it here before when I bought it in green hills.
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	1.77 MB ID:	461040

also didn’t realise that coloured freshwater pearls can be fun. I thought they were cringe As I’ve only seen yuck versions of them dyed as a way to cover up blemishes, but I’ve got one second hand coloured strand from Etsy and I am shocked at the quality, they’re called Honora and I love them.
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	1.79 MB ID:	461041

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the positive vibes & healing thoughts. Yes, it will take time & I have to be patient (not my strong suit). I'll know more Tuesday after my follow up with the surgeon & get on schedule for PT. Right now, I'm diligently doing the exercises I was given in the hospital & making tours in the house with my walker. Slow & steady. I am wearing some of my pearls & I do have 2 reproduction pearl brooches that were delivered while I was in hospital to post pics of. I'm such a sucker for statement pearl brooches. LOL Dear husband is working from home for the next 3 weeks so he can take care of me. Pearl Dreams, you are so right about how tired this makes you feel but it's comforting to know there is a light at the end of this long tunnel. Much love to you all & keep those pearl pics coming. It does wonders for my mood to see everyone in their beautiful pearls. @jeg...you never disappoint.

Amazing amazing pearls ladies!!!

theseventhsphinx Absolutely gorgeous pics and pearls! Wow!

Heart What an incredible SS strand! You are totally rocking your pearls!

jeg I repeat myself but every picture you post is perfection! That stuffed pearl!!! The dreamy akoyas! The golden strand...:heart:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

86Corvettegirl Sending you many well wishes of speedy recovery!

Busy times here, just a little update my Love strand ;-) The pistacchios from Druzy have arrived and I feel they really add a certain “zing” je ne sais quoi to the strand..I can’t wait to string it, just last 4 pearls to come...

Wishing everyone peaceful and joyful days!
A3B459FE-8CDF-4844-9A0A-6A670A34D41B.jpg

I’ve been wondering, where did you get the strand in your profile photo? They’re amazing

Heart Thank you! The pearls in my profile picture are from CMW pearls, their top/AAA quality. I clicked “buy” as soon as I saw them and then had a small meltdown as they are circles but were priced as if they were rounds/near rounds...but when I got the package I knew I made the right call...They are my holy grail circles full of color under any light...

Oh no! 86Corvettegirl how did I not notice your post. I wish you a very quick recovery with lots of pearls to cheer you up!

eolian pearls your Tahitian strand is gorgeous- you definitely added that certain “zing”.

Thank you Douglas, theseventhsphinx, newberry, jeg and SurfnSci for your kind comments! Jeg and newberry I remember that day fondly, when we found my globe and a few other fun baubles!

More images of my Tahitian soufflé strand with a few Tahitian keshi necklaces I’ve made within the past couple years. The long outer strand is my latest creation I made with pearls from Cees, but that requires its own post… coming soon…

Attachments

• photo73073.jpg
    photo73073.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • photo73074.jpg
    photo73074.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • photo73075.jpg
    photo73075.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • photo73076.jpg
    photo73076.jpg