Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXPearlLV, I'm not jeg, but on Etsy search for "spring gate ring" which brings up push clasps without the little ring attached.
    https://www.etsy.com/search?q=spring%20gate%20ring

Comment

• Who would have ever known what they were called, lol! Thanks so much, PD!
      Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• Just be careful, many are quite large! Some are for purse repair, for example.

Comment

• Today I'm wearing my new rainbow strand from Pearlescence and my green south sea studs, also from Pearlescence. I have tried the strand with lots of earrings since I got the strand 4 days ago. The selfie do not make the pearls justice.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	_20191005_163517.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	390397

Name:	_20191005_163401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	390398
          It's a glorious strand.

Name:	_20191005_141729.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	390399

Name:	_20191005_150940.jpg
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	390400

Name:	_20191005_141745.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	390401
          Wendy did a wonderful job, I didn't think she could exceed my blue tahitian strand from february but did she ever. She worked so hard to make my dream strand come true.
          The rainbow strand is made of natural color tahitians, south seas and edisons, about 11mm in size and about 19 inches long. No red pearls since they are yet to be found (except for zeide then...), but we substituted them with pink pearls.

Comment

• Thanks, Charlotta! The Andy Muller strands work well with a lot of my clothes. Your new rainbow strand has a unique combination of colors- enjoy wearing it!

TXPearlLv- I have a few different pieces I use to attach my pendants. It’s difficult to do a search because there isn’t a standard name that I'm aware of. Anyways, not sure how helpful this is because I’ve had them for several years. On the left is an orbit clasp that John, at PP, modified for me by removing the loop. The other three are from Rio Grande. The one to the left is no longer available. The other two have the snap closure. Rio calls them enhancer bails and they are 14kt yellow gold.

Name:	99AAFBB2-24CC-4653-8AFB-1B7D0E229481.jpg
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	390428

I use them with pendants that have simple bails because they will turn the direction of the pendant. I took this snapshot so you can see this pendant has a decorative diamond bail, but it will be turned sideways when using the enhancer.

Name:	AB0990AB-9DB7-4F6F-9498-DA43C2BCE737.jpg
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	390429

Sorry- just noticed the attachments weren’t opening. Trying again-
            Last edited by jeg; 10-05-2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Thank you Jeg.

Comment

• I'm thinking of ordering this:

https://www.riogrande.com/product/st...ed-ring/612955

I can't find a gold version, and I'd like it better if both rings were hinged, but it may do in some cases.

The 2 rings at right angles to each other solve the problem of the pendant being rotated sideways.

Comment

• I have one of those links, PearlDreams. I have a Maui Divers charm bracelet made of those links and removed one because it was a little long. The only thing would be, the link that doesn’t open would need to fit over whatever strand or chain you are using because you need to use the open link to hold the pendant bail. I use most of these pieces over pearl chains and tin cups, so it wouldn’t slide over some of them.

Comment

• It has a decent size opening and will work with tiny pearls. Not wild about the extra length it creates. It makes for a great charm bracelet, though. I know PP sold these charm bracelets at one time, too.

Name:	CE5AA4BF-1A50-4988-A70B-A0AC214DDFF3.jpg
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	390426
                    Last edited by jeg; 10-05-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• From Maui Divers. All the charms are Maui Divers designs for the Hawaiian Islands, with the exception of the pearl charm from Kojima. The heart is a signature piece that casts an “Aloha” shadow when held up. The bracelet is made of these double links with every other link having that push opening. I remember Pkinnew had one of the PP bracelets she attached a bunch of pearl charms to.

Name:	CC506B88-9C36-4A3E-8046-639F8AE13155.jpg
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	390427

Comment

• Thanks for that, jeg. I see what you mean about the extra length.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeg View Post
                          Thanks, Charlotta! The Andy Muller strands work well with a lot of my clothes. Your new rainbow strand has a unique combination of colors- enjoy wearing it!

TXPearlLv- I have a few different pieces I use to attach my pendants. It’s difficult to do a search because there isn’t a standard name that I'm aware of. Anyways, not sure how helpful this is because I’ve had them for several years. On the left is an orbit clasp that John, at PP, modified for me by removing the loop. The other three are from Rio Grande. The one to the left is no longer available. The other two have the snap closure. Rio calls them enhancer bails and they are 14kt yellow gold.
                          [ATTACH]70344[/ATTACH]

I use them with pendants that have simple bails because they will turn the direction of the pendant. I took this snapshot so you can see this pendant has a decorative diamond bail, but it will be turned sideways when using the enhancer.
                          [ATTACH]70345[/ATTACH]

Sorry- just noticed the attachments weren’t opening. Trying again-
                          Thank you! I thought one was an orbit clasp. I was thinking of ordering one and just sniping off the loop! Your photo is very helpful.

Comment

• I just purchased a bag of jump rings to see if that would work but I'd like something nicer. I think I will order a 14K gold one from Rio and have my jeweler snip off the loop. Do you remember what size yours is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
                              TXPearlLV, I'm not jeg, but on Etsy search for "spring gate ring" which brings up push clasps without the little ring attached.
                              https://www.etsy.com/search?q=spring%20gate%20ring
                              Thank you for the link. I was just trying to figure out which size to order!

Comment

• TXPearlLV, to be honest, I’m not sure that’s the best route to go. The orbit clasp is the smaller size and I got them from PP. I bought two, and John removed the loops. The first one broke not too long after. I don’t think the spring can withstand too big of a bail or chain being pushed into the opening, plus you would be paying for both ends of the clasp. I haven’t had any problems with the slightly bigger one, but unfortunately I haven’t seen it available anymore. The snap closure is better for going over anything. I worry a little about it catching on something and opening, but it hasn’t been an issue so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X