• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
I still just can't believe the luster in the bracelet's pearls.
Simply too drool for :32:

HEY EVERYONE: It's Spring Vacation Time! May you all have a blessed and relaxed week! :)

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks, Douglas! I have been thrilled with everything I have received from Takahashi. Happy Spring to you, too!

Tahitian and seashell earrings and a strand of golden SS’s from Kojima.
B27666F9-F048-46D3-A18A-AD703C7AAADD.jpg A9F1A354-EDF5-43A8-9AEA-0FCC95E58315.jpg

86Corvettegirl

Hopefully, I can get back to wearing my pearls. I'm finally home from the hospital after having my right hip replaced. I slipped & fell last week resulting in a fractured hip. Not something I would recommend to anyone. I won't be doing much traveling other than to & from Doctors & physical therapy. At least I can wear some pearls then. I've missed my luminous beauties.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Oh my gosh, 86C! That was one big slip! Please take care of yourself and pile on the pearls!

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Fossilized stuffed seashell on a SS strand from Kojima, worn with little h, pearl, ruby, and turquoise, soufflé earrings.
Click image for larger version  Name:	366573B8-FFE8-4484-911C-0A6614DAB9BE.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	460913 Click image for larger version  Name:	1C49603D-9BB1-4FF0-83E4-D3A226276D44.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	460914

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Oooooo this combo is packed to please jeg the little h earrings mix really nice with the pavé shell and the SSP necklace. Refreshing look!

CathyKeshi

86! Oh no, but glad to hear you are home ... sending hugs and wishes for a peaceful therapy and recovery.

Jeg: LOVE that study in blue and yellows :) And that seashell/SS piece is dreamy; the SS strand is especially pretty!

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Hopefully, I can get back to wearing my pearls. I'm finally home from the hospital after having my right hip replaced. I slipped & fell last week resulting in a fractured hip. Not something I would recommend to anyone. I won't be doing much traveling other than to & from Doctors & physical therapy. At least I can wear some pearls then. I've missed my luminous beauties.

Oh God! This must have slipped me! :ouch:
I'm so sorry to hear this and I hope you are on your way to full recovery
And remember: A Pearl a day...keeps the Doctors Away! All that fantastic Aragonite is good for your bones too.

Wishing a healthy and full recovery for you.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thank you so much, Douglas, Cathy and Charlotta!!

An opera length strand of Tahitians I put together, with freshwater earrings from Hawaii.
F98530CE-2BD4-4DC6-A081-88918C506634.jpg 8F6C73C5-4EA7-42B9-B05E-4684EE5C4180.jpg

lmgarden

Lovely pearls everybody! I haven’t posted for quite a while, my work keeps me away more than I’d like.
I thought I’d post my Tahitian soufflé strand worn with a goldish/white Tahitian keshi strand mixed with 14k yellow beads, and my 18k vintage world globe I purchased with Jeg and newberry last year while visiting Kojima. The soufflé pearls are from PP, and one side is more bluish, the other side is a bit more golden. I’m not sure if the colors show up in these images. I made the keshi strand. Actually, I’ve made quite a few creations over the last couple years that I hope to post soon!

Attachments

• photo73044.jpg
    photo73044.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • photo73045.jpg
    photo73045.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • photo73046.jpg
    photo73046.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

theseventhsphinx

Love these! ♡ ♡ ♡ I am consistently drawn to this kind of shade range, it creates so much interest.

Last edited:

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Welcome back @Imgarden :cool2:
And I have to say those large, chunky baroques are simply GORGEOUS :07: and look great layered! The colors do show up but I am sure it is even more dramatic in person! Thanks for coming back and for sharing this beauty with us.

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast

Very sorry to read this, but if it's any encouragement, my husband was back at his job (where he stands or walks all day) 2 months after his hip replacement. Do your assigned exercises faithfully, walk every day to tolerance and you will be surprised how quickly you improve. It wasn't long before I was driving my husband to the mall to take longer and longer walks (it was winter so walking outdoors was not a good option.)

Because his surgery was planned, we had time to prepare the house (and I'm a retired PT so I knew what to do.) Walking with a walker or cane requires an unobstructed, wide path throughout the home. You don't want to catch the leg of your walker or cane on anything. Remove anything you could trip on-- scatter rugs are anathema. Items you need often that are in lower drawers should be moved to higher drawers, to avoid bending your hip past 90 degrees. We also found that different long handled reachers worked better for different tasks-- it's good to have 2 different kinds. A long handled shoehorn helps a lot. A sox donning aid is essential. He had elastic laces for his shoes. No doubt you already have a shower bench but you should also get a long handled bath pouf so you can reach your feet without bending forward. A chair with arms (to help you get up to a standing position) is best. Don't try to pull yourself up to a standing position with the walker-- it isn't stable enough. Also, there are bags or baskets you can attach to the walker to carry items from room to room.

Expect to be more tired than usual for a long time. Anything that changes one's gait pattern is energy-expending. My husband was told he would not be back to his old self entirely for a full year. He was surprised that proved to be true. But he now walks 2.5 miles with a weight vest on, up and down a long hill near our home. And he's 75!

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
It takes some adjustments to every/day Life...but your experience is inspirational! Thanks for sharing :D

SurfnSci

Pearl-minded
Oh my goodness, so many gorgeous pearls! I'm loving catching up on everyone's pearl looks tonight - Eolian's fabulous SoC pendant! Jeg's fantastic goldens and tahitians and pastel akoyas, and that amazing stuffed shell/SS necklace! Theseventhsphinx's incredible Victorian-esque photoshoot! Imgarden's beautiful (and giant!) baroques! So much style inspiration and #pearlgoals. Thank you all for sharing :love:

(Best wishes for a fast recovery, 86Corvettegirl!)

Last edited: