Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Vintage river pearl pendant
6516A09E-C492-462C-A508-332B8F85A6AC.jpg

Wearing my Tahitian Rikitea drop strand from the PP Tahitian sale in September 2014. After I purchased this strand I realized it was the front strand in the "wave" photo that PP had featured on their blog. So, I recreated the wave at home using my strand and a Tahitian rope that I purchased from the same sale.

Once again, dealing with cloudy days and super low light levels in the North in December.

PPTs20181212_145821.jpg

WVendor.jpg

WTs_9006.jpg

Fantastic strand, Red! Love the photo match.
I am in the mood for wild tangles of Tahitians today.

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 11.49.55.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 11.49.46.jpg

Thank you, BWeaves, Andrew M, Pearl Dreams, 86Corvettegirl, SunSeeker, and morella.

Andrew M, thank you for the compliment on my wave photo. I'm using late summer sunlight instead of whatever they have in the studio. The pearls don't have that coppery color at all, it's more of a pink.

Nice layers, morella.

I had two blue akoya strands from when they first came out that I never wear. Made them into a rope
2536F837-39C9-46B5-A716-2206F2BF33A7.jpg

Nice pearls, everyone! The layering is expert level and the variety is awesome.

Red - Such beautiful colours in your Riki strand ! ( well in all of them really ) They always seem to have such depth and richness in their colouring. You were fortunate to snap it up and improve on it !

Morella - great layering ! Looks wonderful !

aerinha - Oh your rope is gorgeous, what a good idea ! How long and what colour thread did you use ?

Katbran I used Beaders Secret in sky. It seems to fluctuate color like the pearls, sometimes grayish sometimes blue. They were two 18 inch necklaces so I cut the thread at 150 inches or 4 times the expected length of the finished necklace plus 6 inches extra. I did have some extra when done unlike when I strung my GSSP strand so I think I should have based it on 16 or 17 inches - the unstrung length of the pearls.

Back