Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

funky_pearl, "the kids" (group of 5 cousins) had buckets and buckets in the garage of their diamonds :) One day my husband poured them around the base of the new lamp post outside LOL. It was fun searching though, unless you stayed too far after dusk/sunset, when the hordes of mosquitos descended! All our visitors were treated to a day climbing the lighthouse, watching for dolphins, seafood dinner, and ... always took a diamond or 3 home from that gift shop. Fun times.

madsciencechik, i love antique pearls also, and have no clue what kind those are. i tried candling them but don't really know what i was looking at/for, lol.
cathykeshi, we love cape may too! it sounds like you guys are much better at combing the beach for treasures then i am, i never get more then a small hand full!

funky_pearl, it was years ago, and the small children were not very discriminating LOL ... any pretty pebble was "A DIAMOND" ... a brown one, a pink one, a yellow one etc. :)

Sheri what a really great ring. Who knew a couple of buttons a a pearl would yield a great ring. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity.

These are the baroque akoya PP had on special in the spring last year.

baroque akoya Pearl Paradise
baroque akoya from Pearl Paradise

They still have the baroque akoyas in stock, though only the smaller sized ones are left.
I don't know how much they were discounted during the april sale last year, but I guess if there are general site-wide discounts (like v-day sale), this could still be a decent deal?

I love my white baroque akoyas ... 2 strands, separate, but of a length to nest nicely ... wear them often, alone or nested, or connected as a long rope. But, Newberry, that simple linked wire wrap with the drop ... just divine!

Thank you BabyNurse!

Purranha several years ago I went on my usual spring trip to PP and Jeremy put in front of me a little bag of white metallic drops that was scheduled to be an April special. I picked out two for earrings. He then put a pearl on a chain down in front of me. My jaw dropped my had grabbed and I said I want this one. I wanted the blossom setting on the earrings and have a custom made bale with the same setting for the pendent. Wore it like that for years. When I heard about the big baroque akoyas I took the drop with me to see how metallic pearls and akoyas looked together. The tin cup was created. Long story....and you probably only wanted to know that the pearl is over 12mm wide and 16mm long ;)

my white drop.jpg

My beautiful drop before changing to the blossom bale

Jeremy's cell phone desk picture before it was sent to me :)
20150412_112202 (2).jpg

I love this necklace and wear it a lot.

Last edited:
Thank you Cathy. I sometimes wish I would have gotten more of these strands. I bet worn as a double it is spectacular.

Back