365 Days of Pearls

Ohhh, the waterfall necklace combined with a coral top is dashing and so beautiful! And those keshi catch my eyes as well!

MSC, I've had a waterfall necklace on the back of my to make list too. Please share any hints you can think of so I'll have an easier time making one. ;) What kind of pearls are you using and I love that clasp!

Yes, what amti said! I have been gone a few days and feel a serious lack of P-G inspiration, especially on this thread - which I always open first in case my computer crashes, or someone knocks at the door! hahaha

BN, I love that blue akoya tin-cup with the imitation fireball souffle! And your waterfall necklace is adorable! ..so perfect with your coral top. You look like you're getting some sun or maybe it's just the glow of the white SS and FW waterfall (excuse me for getting so familair with your image!)

Ohhh, the waterfall necklace combined with a coral top is dashing and so beautiful! And those keshi catch my eyes as well!

MSC, I've had a waterfall necklace on the back of my to make list too. Please share any hints you can think of so I'll have an easier time making one. ;) What kind of pearls are you using and I love that clasp!

Thank you, amti!

Yes, what amti said! I have been gone a few days and feel a serious lack of P-G inspiration, especially on this thread - which I always open first in case my computer crashes, or someone knocks at the door! hahaha

BN, I love that blue akoya tin-cup with the imitation fireball souffle! And your waterfall necklace is adorable! ..so perfect with your coral top. You look like you're getting some sun or maybe it's just the glow of the white SS and FW waterfall (excuse me for getting so familair with your image!)

Lololol! that's soo funny SunSeeker! Yes! I have gotten some sun though I tried not to. I chaperoned my youngest' s field trip to a water park last week. This was our first time in the sun. Not wanting to age my skin more than it is, I slathered on sunblock everywhere but forgot to do my neck and chest:rolleyes: Just what I wanted, lobster colored neck/chest w the promise of leathery, wrinkly skin. I was so angry with myself. But no children drowned that day and fun was had by all lol!!

Day 134:

Another hot day so I opted for something light. Freshwater pearl pendant from Birks Jewelers in Canada and a choker from Kojima Pearl.
The pendant is 8.5mm and was a graduation gift 20 years ago. On its own it's pretty but maybe a little dull so I added this 15.25" Japan akoya and gold bead choker. The choker was a last minute purchase during Sarah's spring sale and it's so delicate and dainty! I think I'll get a lot of use out of it, especially for layering with other pieces.

I'm probably technically wearing the pendant backwards. If it's flipped the other way, you can't see the little stem that attaches to the bail but I love it that way. The stem adds interest and gives it personality : )

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_7182.jpg

IMG_7189.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

That is very sharp lustre on that pendant and a good size/shape! Looks great with the choker.

I am loving this thread - totally addictive reading that has me checking in every day. Thanks so much baby nurse :)

Another wonderful combo!!! You're right about the pendant adding character with the little dip. That dip blends in well with the little keshi. I adore the little keshi choker!

Sigh, BabyNurse, if you only knew! If Ruckus was held at your house, it'd have to be twice as long because of your blouses, and sweater drawers (should I say closets? There can never be too many sweaters).

I'm so glad you're enjoying it-- thank you, lizard!

Thank you, suchi!

Thanks, BWeaves! It's a Lands End fit and flare dress. Comfy and as low maintenance as they come.

Thanks, Pearly-Whites. I think the layers work really well : )

Amti, I suspect the folks at Birks would give me the side eye for wearing their pendant backwards but I do think it has more personality this way lol!

Lisa c, I I get such a kick out of your responses-- very flattering and kind!

So do I, Naan! Luster is the most important factor as far as I'm concerned.

Day 135:

White layers today. I started out with Hisano's tassel rope and then added the Kojima Pearl Tahitian Keshi and seed Pearl necklace. I recently got these amazing earrings from Kojima and love how they look with the white necklaces so I put them on as well. They're iridescent Keshi with chain fringe and they fall a total length of 1".

IMG_1093.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

These are Sarah's pictures of the earrings. I had my eye on these for a long time and almost didn't buy them since I'd already been very greedy during the spring sale. I'm really glad I did! They're so sassy and cute and I think they'll go with just about everything.

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2359.JPG

Back