365 Days of Pearls

]Amti, lol! I'm sorry it causes you pain!

2things have to be said
1) Hurt me! Hurt me! and,
2) BabyNurse, it'd be more believable if you hadn't tossed in the "lol"

I'm back to Hurt me! Hurt me! This is the pearl world, after all.

That's it exactly, amti! I have it in a little heap on my bedside table and still my eyes are drawn from one pearl to another.

Thank you, Sanippy!

Imitate away, MSC! I love this type of rope. I think Pearly-Whites has a multicolored fwp rope with the same pattern of large and small pearls. And Newberry has something similar with her reworked multi Vietnamese akoya and katsumi pearls, designed by Sarah. I covet both of these pieces!

OHHHHH, You're the one who bought my waterfall rope! Of course!

I was really eyeing that one, but I kept telling myself, "Wait for Ruckus, Wait for Ruckus," so I never pushed the "buy" button.

It's gorgeous.

Nooo it wasn't me, it was Pearly-Whites! I asked Sarah if she could produce a second, fully expecting her to say it was a ooak piece. I was thrilled to hear she could make another.

2things have to be said

Very true, Lisa! No laughter allowed. :D:D:D

Now, let me go drink another glass of water so I don't dehydrate from all the drooling I've been doing.

Oh, amti, I couldn't help it (lol at myself), it was an impulse, tongue in cheek or droll, but I've been off the boards for a while. I didn't get the timing right, or should've added emojis? I guess Hurt me is a little weird???? :rolleyes:

I know, you must hydrate! Join me at the water-cooler. I've been drooling for certain member collections here - forever I think...(cough-cough, ahem - pearls, blouses, sweaters, gorgeous skin, flip a coin!)

Last edited:
Nooo it wasn't me, it was Pearly-Whites! I asked Sarah if she could produce a second, fully expecting her to say it was a ooak piece. I was thrilled to hear she could make another.

OK, now it makes sense. It didn't remember you buying that one, but I remembered someone from PG bought it. PW and BN, I covet your waterfalls. I know I could just ask Sarah to make another, but my mantra right now is "Wait until Ruckus."

Not nearly as nice as Sarah's, but here's my "use up old pearls" version of the waterfall rope (just the layout here, really yellow lighting). Hope you don't mind, BN!
IMG_2579.jpg

BN--I have been gone for a while but was delighted to see you in the Waterfall strand. I love mine as well as it is just so pretty and interesting in person. If you only knew how many times I copied or have been inspired by your collection!!! To copy is the sincerest form of flattery.

Aww, thank you kindly Pearly-Whites! Yes, I'm thoroughly enjoying this piece as well. As much as I admired Sarah's pics of it when it was on her site, I'm not sure I would have gone forward and asked if she could make another had I not seen your photos of you actually wearing it (as well as your impressions).

2things have to be said

I completely understood what you meant by "hurt me, hurt me", lol!! Sigh, it looks as though my 365 days of pearls which should technically be half over, will still be going strong a year from now as I've missed a LOT of days. So-- lots more pain ahead ; )

OK, now it makes sense. It didn't remember you buying that one, but I remembered someone from PG bought it. PW and BN, I covet your waterfalls. I know I could just ask Sarah to make another, but my mantra right now is "Wait until Ruckus."

Stay strong BWeaves, its right around the corner!

Day 133:

Just a few quick pics today; it's a thousand degrees here and I had a busy day with my son who has been home sick all week (he's a bit better today).

I'm wearing my Kojima Pearl waterfall necklace, doubled this time. I added the tourmaline and South Sea Keshi necklace, also from Kojima and liked the way they looked together. Still have on the 6.5mm and 3-4.5mm akoya studs that I've been wearing for the last few weeks (Pearl Paradise) but didn't get a pic.

IMG_7271.jpg

IMG_7274.jpg

IMG_7276.jpg

I completely understood what you meant by "hurt me, hurt me", lol!! Sigh, it looks as though my 365 days of pearls which should technically be half over, will still be going strong a year from now as I've missed a LOT of days. So-- lots more pain ahead ; )

Oh thank god you are going to keep posting your pearl/outfits even after the end of the year ;) My guilty pleasure is checking to see what you have posted. I'm seriously thinking I need to copy your waterfall necklace. Maybe using my white metallic strand as the base pearls with small and bigger added in by Sarah. I keep coming back to this thread to drool.

Day 133:

Just a few quick pics today; it's a thousand degrees here and I had a busy day with my son who has been home sick all week (he's a bit better today).

I'm wearing my Kojima Pearl waterfall necklace, doubled this time. I added the tourmaline and South Sea Keshi necklace, also from Kojima and liked the way they looked together. Still have on the 6.5mm and 3-4.5mm akoya studs that I've been wearing for the last few weeks (Pearl Paradise) but didn't get a pic.

View attachment 52108

View attachment 52109

View attachment 52110

The luster on those pearls is just crazy good.

I think I may need a waterfall necklace too. I like the length, and the random large and small pearls. I think one of the things that appeals to me is the larger pearls keep the smaller pearls off the back of your neck, which would make it a good summer necklace.

Oh thank god you are going to keep posting your pearl/outfits even after the end of the year ;) My guilty pleasure is checking to see what you have posted. I'm seriously thinking I need to copy your waterfall necklace. Maybe using my white metallic strand as the base pearls with small and bigger added in by Sarah. I keep coming back to this thread to drool.

I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying the thread, newberry! Yes lol, it will still be around a year from now I think.

A waterfall necklace of your own using your white metallic strand sounds fantastic! Do it and come back with pics, ok? I COVET that Kojima rope of yours with the Vietnamese akoya and Kasumi pearls. One of my favorites of your collection.

I think I may need a waterfall necklace too. I like the length, and the random large and small pearls. I think one of the things that appeals to me is the larger pearls keep the smaller pearls off the back of your neck, which would make it a good summer necklace.

It's a great summer necklace! It's so light and it doesn't shift around. I've worn it in the heat and humidity and I can barely feel it.

Back