J Hunter Pearls: Ocean, People, Culture.

GemGeek

Pearlista
From our friends at J Hunter Pearls. Click the link to read the article.

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/content.php?414-J-Hunter-Pearls-Ocean-People-Culture

IMG_5138.jpg

I love Fiji pearls. I have one necklace & will eventually get another along with earring & bracelet. Fiji colors are amazing!!

I had the opportunity to visit Justin and his wonderful pearl farm in Savusavu last April. Justin was an incredible host and has so much care of the clean sustainability of the pearl industry. I brought back some of these pearls. They will forever be my favorite pearls.
IMG_0221.jpgIMG_0216.jpgIMG_0252.jpg

And yes, J. Hunter pearls can and do look like that ... I'm a very lucky and grateful lady to have custody of some of the Fiji babies :)

Great photos, Judi.

I picked out these three Fiji drops at PP, but they are the same three colors as the rare Fiji Color cover pearls. It's probably why I adore them.

20180123_203640.jpg

J Hunter Fiji farm is on my bucket list to visit once hubby & I are able to visit Polynesia. He's already been talking about visiting Tahiti & Bora Bora so I added Fiji to the list.

So I have a new wish list item. Fiji Keshi...sigh.

Okay, I'll play too :) Vendor shots, because I'm terrible with a camera, and ... the sun hasn't been seen in PA in way too long.
First Up: I just had to sort a handful of little Fiji keshi into color ranges. It was nearly impossible, because their colors change with every movement; NO photos bring that to life. Sarah at Kojima then turned them into a wonderful Keshi necklace; one of my favorites.
Bulk Fiji Keshi Sorted.jpgFijiTahitianTinCup.jpg
Group Shot, Fijis. Matching clasps fro mix, match and length adjustments. Please excuse the & pistachio/green sapphire Tahitian distractions on the right side lol. Workmanship on these done by our own Sarah at Oceans Cove. Group Fiji Shot.jpg

Okay, I'll play too :) Vendor shots, because I'm terrible with a camera, and ... the sun hasn't been seen in PA in way too long.
First Up: I just had to sort a handful of little Fiji keshi into color ranges. It was nearly impossible, because their colors change with every movement; NO photos bring that to life. Sarah at Kojima then turned them into a wonderful Keshi necklace; one of my favorites.
View attachment 64966View attachment 64967
Group Shot, Fijis. Matching clasps fro mix, match and length adjustments. Please excuse the & pistachio/green sapphire Tahitian distractions on the right side lol. Workmanship on these done by our own Sarah at Oceans Cove. View attachment 64968

Oh, My!!! Another reason to want more Fiji's!! Enablers, you all are!!

Thank you ... anytime, 86 Corvetegirl, anytime LOL. I will say, I have yet to see any photo that truly captures the Fijis satin glow and color shifts. Also, apologies for the typos ... my only explanation is I was pearl drunk ...

I knew I could get you to play along!!!! Love love love the pics btw

I am working on a non fiji Keshi (thaitian pearl keshi) necklace. A certain smarty pants has called it the "Cornflake" necklace...when I asked why the reply was "If there are rice crispy pearls, why not cornflakes?"

My center pearl I am undecided on...probably a round tahitian. I wish it could be a Fiji, but I tell myself I can always redo it later. Too many pearls not enough time.

I'll add what I have with me now. These are tiny keshi I purchased at the last Ruckus with the help of some sweet pearl experts. :) I also purchased 6 loose pearls. One pearl, a beautifully colored blue pearl, was made into a ring by John (from an old setting I had which I realized I don't have a photo of, so I'll have to get one asap!) and the others had a simple gold bale put on them to make a dangling pearl necklace or bracelet.

Attachments

• IMG_20190117_231219.jpg
    IMG_20190117_231219.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 53
  • received_10214912325474994.jpg
    received_10214912325474994.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20181114_110302.jpg
    IMG_20181114_110302.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 44
Back