Pearl Tie Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Tie Rings

?an apparently time-honored but currently-ignored idea with rare appeal to men.

In a recent thread I introduced the writings of Louis Kornitzer to Pearl-Guide. After reading The Pearl Trader I acquired copies of his subsequent works, Gem Trader and The Jeweled Trail, both highly entertaining.

In The Jeweled Trail Kornitzer recounts his usage of a rare jade ring too small for his finger as a 'tie ring', adding that in any case he never wore finger jewelry.

As a pianist barely accustomed to my wedding band after 25 years, I am of a like mind. Here you have my pride and joy Hiti Tangata, in what may be its ultimate calling.
    Attached Files
    Steve
    ============

I suspect that you will be shopping for complimentary ties! Great idea.

Comment

Steve,

A very cool look! Plus the ring is in a perfectly safe and protected place!
      Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Hey! I like it! What an unusual idea!
        Miriam Reed
        PEARL DISTRIBUTORS
        http://www.pearldistributors.com
        1 800 913 0676

Comment

GemGeek: Yes, I think some elegant plain-pattern ties are in order?

Pattye: Safer location, and double-usage bang for the buck.

Miriam: Thanks for the nod. I think this will fly in Tucson in February!

Ring sellers/designers: Now you've got the ball!
          Steve
          ============

Comment

I like the look and clever use of the ring. I am thinking ties with texture or slightly thicker material will hold the ring in place better. Smooth silk ties may be too slippery and as a result, the risk of loss is higher. JMHO.
            Cathy

Comment

Oooh! This is one really great idea! I think quite many man who would not want to hear anything about man necklaces (pearl on cord/leather etc) would consider wearing tie rings. Great idea!

Maria

Comment

Edgy and old-school at the same time: love that. Even Kornitzer would approve.
                "The pearl is the favorite of those who are surfeited with jewels. One may become tired of the diamond's splendor, but those who learn to appreciate the unobtrusive loveliness of the pearl seldom lose their fondness for them. It is the one gem which does not satiate." W.R. Catelle

Comment

Thanks for bumping the thread, Adi - I hadn't seen it until now.

Steve, as someone reknown for leaving rings lying around on pianos, I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerida View Post
                    ?as someone reknown for leaving rings lying around on pianos, I love it!!
                    The ring won't get scratched and neither the piano!

(A trial opportunity looms in Tucson in a couple of weeks. I think they even have a piano.)
                    Steve
                    ============

Comment

Nerida, anything to get people to talk about wearing pearls, men included. When I saw the thread I recalled my great-uncle who was very dapper and wore a pearl stick pin, hat, and gloves. Women swooned...which was something of an issue for his wife. ;-) Will try to find a photo in the archives.

I'd love to see a return to elegance! I think this is a great place to find it. Steve, keep it going! BTW, very much enjoyed reading about the creation of the brooch and your talents as a pianist. This is certainly a diverse and multi-talented group of pearl devotees!
                      "The pearl is the favorite of those who are surfeited with jewels. One may become tired of the diamond's splendor, but those who learn to appreciate the unobtrusive loveliness of the pearl seldom lose their fondness for them. It is the one gem which does not satiate." W.R. Catelle

Comment

Working...
                      X