Why do I give myself headaches?

purlgurl

I will now have to get new glasses... The customer wanted it today, to wear to a party tonight, so not enough time to get it to & from Bernadette. Anyway I wouldnt wish this headache on her...
Its 3 mm (and some are smaller) and so sweet! I bet I wont get a tip for finishing before I said I would.

Attachments

• tiny bracelet540.jpg
    tiny bracelet540.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 31
Wendy Wendy Wendy... hahahaha
I used to sell pearls direct/party plan, and it was just about Pearls-On-Call, like being a Doctor. People used to call just before they were going out, for a gift for the birthday girl. They did have Pearl Emergencies!

sweet little pearls

sweet little pearls

They came out so cute! I bet that will become one of those favorite things she wears a lot.
barbie

PS With any luck she'll think of your business as the place to go when she needs something. Way to go.

Very sweet bracelet!

I've noticed the smaller the pearl, the higher the demand....such a strange relationship! I used to have these teeny tiny microscopic pearls....specks of white really, and I strung them up one day and hung a little cross.

Good GRIEF! The person called me and said everyone who saw it wanted one! :eek: My eyes hurt from the strain! I'll never make that mistake again!

Tiny pearls taught me to change my charging for restringing from 'x' dollars per strand to 'y' dollars per knot.
A strand of microscopic precious family akoyas changed me forever! I think there were 120 pearls on the strand... just hideous, but they were just beautiful when restrung.

Clever Nerida, I will have to work out a formula for that. The knotting isnt so much a problem as enlarging the holes in the first & last few pearls, and getting the blasted needle through that last pearl. I broke about 5 I think. Definitely something to leave to rest for a while & come back to with a more peaceful frame of mind...

Wow Pattye - you are taking on knotting jobs! That is fantastic - got to say, the more I send out for others to do for me now, the more other work I get to do...

I love tiny knotted pearls, and that one is no exception. I think by the knot might be a good idea to base charges on, because tiny is so in. I'd only do it for ropes and teensy pearls. By the inch is good when you have average to big pearls.

Back