Let it be rainbow!

Lugana

Somehow I wanted to post this project particularly today.

"Rainbow" tahitian pearl bracelet in 12-14mm size. It matched so well that I decided to keep it like that, even though I won't be able to wear it myself. This is one of the rare moments when I truly regret that I don't wear bracelets :D well, might be a good present for someone, right?

Why I post it today - I wanted to wish everyone on this forum that the next 2017 year would be as colourful, glowing and diverse as your favourite strand of pearls. And of course, more and more pearls to all of us! :D
Happy new year everyone!

Rainbow tahitian side view.jpg

PS the parcel from Patricia was retained by the local customs, and despite the quick communication from Patricia and everything, they will be able to release it only next year. So I keep posting unknotted projects :) but I promise I will post finished photos in every threat I started :)

Last edited:
Oh, how I hate customs. Our local guys give infinite headaches.

The colour gradient on the bracelet is stunning and it absolutely needs to be worn. Why not make it into a necklace, completing the length with some black spinels or white moonstones, so the pearls all hang together in the center? Or just complete the length with metal chain.

That's gorgeous. What about making it into a tin cup, but one where the pearls are all to the front and mostly chain in the back?

This is fantastic. I love the colors. Also love the varied shapes. Very interesting.

Lugana, that rainbow is lovely! I too vote to wear it (I would SO wear that!!!) either as is, or in a tin cup :)

Happy Happy New Year Wishes and Hugs to all my dear friends here at Pearl Guide :eek:

Beautiful pearls...
And a very rainbow-filled Happy 2017 to you too.

How gorgeous! I'm looking for a bracelet, actually. But I don't know what I want.

What a beautiful rainbow. Love the ombre. Wishing everyone a rainbow-tastic year. Filled with much joy and colours

happy new year to you all as well

i hope you find a way to wear this rainbow, all the suggestions were interesting

Beautiful colors and ombre!!! Did you make it? I never get tired of seeing beautiful pearls!!!

And Happy New Year everyone!!! May 2017 be the best year ever!

I wonder how it would look size-gradiated (is that a word?) and with a gem bead between each two pearls, in purple, blue and green. :)

Thanks everyone!

I've tried separating the pearls from each other as if for the tin cup, but these ones really want to stay close together) I will post the photos later in the evening (I don't have them with me at work) for you could see what I mean)

Originally I wanted to put a mystery clasp into this for it could be worn as a centerpiece with my white edison strand. But somehow tahitians didn't look good with them and I gave up the idea. I think I will try it with lobster clasps to make it into the centerpiece of a substantial gold chain, thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Thanks JerseyPearl! I will try a few options :)

So here is the photo of separated pearls. I think the rainbowy contrast is getting somewhat lost this way.. I wish I could have had enough for a full strand in this size :D

Attachments

• Rainbow Tahitians for tin cup.JPG
    Rainbow Tahitians for tin cup.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 26
Back