Let it be rainbow!

Thanks JerseyPearl! I will try a few options :)

So here is the photo of separated pearls. I think the rainbowy contrast is getting somewhat lost this way.. I wish I could have had enough for a full strand in this size :D
This photo really helps with what I have in my mind....I would use smaller gemstone rondelles in the same colors as the adjacent pearls. To my eye, a mix of sapphires would probably work well. Or maybe tourmalines.

That is really luscious with the pearls together. I see what you mean. :)

I played with photoshop and noticed that grey between the pearls showed off their overtones/colors. Also used the dropper to pull out colors from pearls. Maybe this could help ? Hope you don't mind me playing with them.

morecolorsforbracelet.jpg
smokey gray Rainbow Tahitians for tin cup.jpg

Last edited:
What about closer together: pearl, small gold link, gem bead, small gold link, pearl... Like that?

JerseyPearl, GemGeek, I'm still tempted to wait and collect the full strand. Will take a while though :cool:

amti, well I have matched it, but haven't strung yet) thank you!

I wonder how it would look size-gradiated (is that a word?) and with a gem bead between each two pearls, in purple, blue and green. :)
I'm not sure I've quite understood you.. If size-graduating these, they would be just multicolour pearls I suppose.. need to try))

pattye, oh I never know what our customs want :D they don't have any pattern in their behaviour, so it just takes to be patient) I'm very grateful to you for quick replying to my questions on etsy!)

moneymeister, that's quite a lot of work you did on the photos, thank you! I am tempted with gemstone beads tin cup in rainbow colours, sadly don't have any to try it at the moment.. gemstone beads will definitely be on my shopping list soon))

Following the example of moneymeister, I also played with the photos and "imitated" the necklace out of this bracelet. Just needs three time more matched pearls)) but looks really good to me..

Tahitian necklace imitation.jpg

I love that look! Neat look on you.
Only took me a few, and I love to play. Glad you didn't mind.

Such beautiful colors! I can't wait to see what you do with the collection. And I love everyone's suggestions, too! Some great ideas here.

PurpleRose, thank you! Will definitely post the final result))

moneymeister, you were quite right - multicolour tahitians do look very good against grey.. plenty of field for thoughts :)

Lugana, where do you sell?
I'm a rubbish entrepreneur :D as I don't really sell. I mean I do sell at the local market stall for charity, but it's usually much smaller pieces, and that's about it) I highly appreciate you interest though!)

Last edited:
Haha, no worries! I'm also horrible at selling. I collect a lot of antiques intending to turn them for a profit, but I never get around to it. Namely because I can't take pictures or write copy to save my life!

Wonderful colors Lugana... and Happy New year everyone - sorry too late. I was traveling in Thailand without wifi connection, my smartphone suddenly become defective and it didn't connect to any wifi in the area. Glad I'm now home and ready to catch up with PG.

Thanks everybody)) the piece had been finished) in the end it can be worn as a bracelet and as a necklace) I think I will shorten the chain though, to make it from the current 24 inches total length to about 20 inches :) strung on "Fig" colour Beader's Secret that brought out the colours better than tourmaline beads (I tried that too))

Couldn't help from boasting any longer))))

Rainbow necklace.JPG

Last edited:
That's an original and versatile way to wear rainbow-colored pearls.

Thanks everybody)) the piece had been finished) in the end it can be worn as a bracelet and as a necklace) I think I will shorten the chain though, to make it from the current 24 inches total length to about 20 inches :) strung on "Fig" colour Beader's Secret that brought out the colours better than tourmaline beads (I tried that too))

Couldn't help from boasting any longer))))

View attachment 49566

that's brilliant!
if i ever have the spare cash to get tahitians, i will do something like that!

What a wonderful and clever design! You were so right to keep those pearls together and the versatility of the clasps is brilliant! I think it is beautiful!!

Back