Where to purchase wholesale Akoya round Pearls at least AA+

Just finished watching this site....Total Bull****. Neon Green, Pink Minnie, Zoolander which is grey....and the BS goes on and on.

Thank you, Dave, for such a lovely story of the value of childhood wonder and exploration, as well as of the value of integrity.

im so glad I found this thread. we were looking into opening our own pearl business but I wanted to research it more and frankly even if I was honest with consumers about where the pearls were coming from and what they were I cant justify killing oysters just for entertainment. Thank you for all the helpful information!

Contact information for where to order oysters and pendants

Contact information for where to order oysters and pendants

Yes I have found wholesalers that you can order in bulk by color. I found one that in bulk package they tell you what's in there. I was wondering how they know. But then I figured they knew by what they started them off with?

Blessings

Lori

Hi Lori

Can you please share the contact information as to where you can get these oysters and pendants from. You can email it to me if you are able my email is whelan.tm@hotmail.com .

Tina2017,
There are many good threads on this forum that present reasons why the selling of freshwater pearls inside dead juvenile akoya oysters is a poor business practice. Please do yourself a favor and read more before attempting to start such a business.

Dave,

I loved reading your story! After 36 years, I have never seen someone crack a tooth on a pearl...many other things including an occasional tongue ring, but never a pearl. Great pictures as well!

Akoya oyaters

Akoya oyaters

Where to buy akoya oysters with pearls in them. I got taken by two vendors from eBay. They were from China and sent me garbage oysters. So disappointing.

tcud186, if you read this thread you will see many reasons why we don't encourage people to engage in buying/selling akoya (saltwater) oysters with freshwater pearls in them. Please see the private message I sent you in explanation of why I merged your thread with this one.

I'm sorry you were sent garbage, but there are many good pearls available that are not sold in oysters.

Last edited:
Would you be willing to share the info on this farm? I am looking for real akoyas in the shell vs. Freshwater in Akoya shells. Also do you know if they dye them all different colors or do they sell only the natural colors? Also one unrelated question. Have you ever heard of Fire and Ice Akoya pearls or Mystic/Rainbow Akoya pearls?

Janet56, Welcome to Pearl-Guide.

If you read this thread and others like it you will see that akoyas in the shell are simply not being sold by akoya pearl farmers. Partly because it's generally illegal for them to sell to the public, but also because that is not their business model.

I have not heard of the terms you mentioned, but it sounds like dye treatments being done to low quality freshwater pearls to inflate their perceived value.

Where to buy akoya oysters with pearls in them. I got taken by two vendors from eBay. They were from China and sent me garbage oysters. So disappointing.

Sorry that's all this fad is. Garbage pearls stuffed into sick, sad, little oysters for the amusement of people who somehow think they're getting something for nothing.

This is what a quick internet search found. "Fire and Ice Akoya" is the name that a Facebook pearl seller (Twelve Pearls) is calling her dyed freshwater pearls (that she repeatedly advertises as Akoya).

From Twelve Pearls:

"UPDATE~ QUANTITY IS DOWN TO 50! Get your Fire & Ice before they're gone!

UPDATE~15 preorders received! VERY LIMITED QUANTITY.

NOW AVAILABLE!!! Twelve Pearls exclusive Fire & Ice AAA Akoya Pearls! These rare pearls are 1 in 10,000 and our quantity is VERY limited. Click on the "SHOP NOW" button above to secure your one-of-a-kind pearl."

IMG_0506.jpg

Back