What did you score for Mother's Day?

cyndayco

Let's have a show of hands (and ears and necks) for Mother's Day!

While everyone has birthdays and celebrates Christmas, I suspect no occasion has more women splurging on pearls. It certainly had me compulsively trawling the sale pages for weeks.

I came this close to convincing myself that I had all the pearls I need. Then last night, I came across this rope of kasumi pearls, from Belpearl's farm (or partner farms).

belpearl.jpgbelpearl2.jpg

Neck shots in a couple of weeks!

How about you?

I supplemented the Belgian chocolates from DH with a strand of silver pistachio Tahitian drops from PP. ;)

It is going to go very nicely with my multi-colored round Tahitian bracelet from PP. :)

Pistachio_0569.jpgPistachio_0574.jpgPistachio_0582.jpg

Ckrickett, intense peach and purples. I hope my rope turns out just lovely as yours.

Red, your pearls are beautiful. Good thing you have belgian chocolates, otherwise those pistachios may look good enough to eat.

cyndayco, that's such a pretty necklace. Look forward to a neck shot :)

ckrickett, I love the colour and lustre!

Red, gorgeous!

I didn't find anything so hubby sponsored a tincup setting for my white baroque akoyas from PP and threw in an extra orbit clasp for some future strand.

I get to join in! I received a gorgeous pair of pearlescence earrings and pendant from a dear friend; I can join the 8+mm earring club now :).

Anyway, they're just wonderful - white metallic, gorgeous luster! and they came in a really clever package. An inner box slides out of cover, like an old-fashioned matchbox. Here they areimage.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I wanted to show the clever packaging first.

Here they are!image.jpgimage.jpg

The box is really clever, substantial and slender, I think it's going to be great for storage.

Pshwar!!!! :-D. I'm thrilled with them, the color and overtones (green-blue white for the earrings, violet-blue white for the pendant) are perfect!

(Happy, skippy dance of joy!)

Last edited:
Very nice, everyone!

Belgian chocolates (DH was actually in Brussels last week and hand-carried them home) and Tahitian pistachios.

PisCho_0607.jpg

PisCho_0599.jpg

Everyone's pearls are so pretty!

Lisa, that is a very nice presentation!
And are those your lilies of the valley? Ours are about to open but not quite open yet.

What lovely treats for Mother's Day ... Lisa C, thank you for the beautiful Lilies of the Valley ... Red, those pistachio Tahitians are every bit as delicious as the hand carried Belgian chocolates; what a sweet hubby, it's a pretty big challenge to hand carry anything on a plane these days. Cyndaco and crickett, your new pearls are like spring flowers :)

Thank you, PDreams!

Yesterday was the second day of fully open lilies of the valley. They grow alongside my house. The lilies and the lilacs are beautiful and fragrant, a short-lived pleasure of Spring.This is what I see first thing in the morning for now, such a happy sight.

thank you, Cathy :)

Red, CK and Cyndaco, I don't know which I want more your pearls or your chocolates - pearls! Stick 'em up! and pass 'em on when you're ready to up-grade

(just kidding, how can you upgrade rare perfection?)

Last edited:
Lisa - beautiful pearls ! And that is really lovely packaging !! Very classy and elegant.. well done Wendy... I've never seen the packaging before..really nice !! Lucky you Lisa ! And that is a beautiful photo ! I love Lillies of the Valley !

Red - all I've go to say is that it's a good thing I wasn't carrying the chocolates .... you'd have received pearls for mothers day! (maybe..now that I look at them..you probably would have gotten a card and I'd be scurrying away holding pistachio pearls in my chocolate covered hands)

Wonderful photos, ladies. I can almost smell those precious flowers and taste the chocolates! Oh and the pearls are pretty special too :)

Back