What color is this

waimeamomi

Natural Pearl
This is one of the funny "roaming" Tahitians that I got. I should have taken pics before I started fooling around with the wire, but oh well. These were taken at the very end of the day in just after sunset light. I can try more tomorrow, but I might as well start things up. What color would you call this? It's kind of a bronzy brown, but I'm thinking it's close to a natural "chocolate" as much as I dislike what that implies. The wire wrapping looks better in person and not so close, all though I may redo it now that I've seen the pictures. The stone is andalusite. Regular colored Tahitians for comparison. This one also has a funny wrinkly skin. The last pic shows it with the whole strand, but I was wearing a red shirt (why do I do that when shooting), and it picked that up. The first 2 show the color more accurately because I angle away from the pearl with my shirt.

Attachments

• choc1.jpg
    choc1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 28
  • choc.jpg
    choc.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 30
  • chocstrand.jpg
    chocstrand.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 33
Looks like you're having entirely too much fun as these pearls pass through your hands! ;)

Too much fun? No way. Pass through my hands, yes sadly so, although we'll see about this one. I'm not sure I trust the wire work to survive. I may wear it for a while as an experiment (only an experiment, honestly hubbie! heh heh heh)

Sheryl don't forget your "marketing and advertising" budget - works for me every time!

That roaming tahitian sure looks great with the Andalusite! I do like your wire wrap, it really brings out the color in the pearl.

Very nice! I would probably call it bronze, but that comes from a Crayola crayon perspective and not an "official" pearl perspective. The andalusite looks lovely with it - the piece has quite an autumnal feel.

Back