Vietnamese blue akoya

Here's a ring I made - recycled sterling silver and a 6.3mm bright blue VietnameseView attachment 40415 and a pair of sort of ripply surfaced baroque View attachment 4041610.7mm. they are both blue - the back one has decided to be shy!

LOVE the deep colors on these pearls, perfect for ring finger viewing, Wendy!! How terrific that you are doing your own metalwork.

I have 2 strands of Blue Akoya. One is very deep blue and the other is silvery/blue. Both have stunning colors.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you JerseyPearl and Katbran. I Iove them both. Here is the finished silver/blue strand
image.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, bluesssssssssssssssssssssssssss. My favorite.

Glad you ladies enjoyed the pic! Sorry they r fuzzy cos I used my hubby's dslr n didn't realise the bokey (is that the right term?) will make the pic blurry. The one with the iPhone isn't as accurate color wise but not blurry:

image.jpg

I didn't manage to capture the overtones on the pearls but if you look carefully you can see some pink and what I think looks like blue on blue.

----
Baby Love: gorgeous!! Where r they from?

Thank you Hanadama,Katbran, BWeaves, Pattye and Icyjade.
I bought this strand at wholesale jewelry in San Francisco. She has the best pearl that you can find. Much more gorgeous when you look in person. Top quality. Well, my strand is not the best that she has.
IcyJade: I love your blue Akoya as well. Very very blue.
Today I went to San Mateo Jewelry show and it seems to me blue Akoya more common now compare to last year. I also ask for some 6-6.5mm FWP, they told me $120/strand, grade A-AA, potato shape. Crazy price.

I'm not sure where these are from. I asked Chenai for blues as intense as Baby Nurse's fabulous double (that I still covet...) and she managed to find these.

baby nurse and Icy have the bluest blues -- leaves me green!!!

Baby-Love - How was the show today? I was hoping to get there this year, but then realized it was Easter weekend....

Overtones:

image.jpg

Thank you Hanadama,Katbran, BWeaves, Pattye and Icyjade.
I bought this strand at wholesale jewelry in San Francisco. She has the best pearl that you can find. Much more gorgeous when you look in person. Top quality. Well, my strand is not the best that she has.

Oops I missed your reply earlier.
How nice that you can get them in person. Pls do share your other lovely pearls with us!

See what happens when you hibernate to focus on studies...the pearl ladies come out to play! I miss everything LoL
All so beautiful! Thanks for the eye candy everyone!

This thread was very helpful to me recently, so I just wanted to again thank everyone for posting pictures. It is such a resource having people so willing to share.

Back