Two New Bracelets

lizard

I'm a big fan of pearl bracelets - I like my pearls where I can look at them all day while I work!

Recently, I realised that I really needed some peach-pink bracelets to go with a few outfits. When the latest PP sale went up, I couldn't make up my mind - but fortunately, they were such good value, I ended up buying two! I was rapt when I opened them - the quality of the metallic ones is amazing and were a real favourite at the office.

Actually, the colour of the metallic is very hard to gauge as it changes in different lights from a delicate pink through to a pale gold.

The more pink graduated strand has some lovely blue overtones. Paired together they are even better (although I need to master the catches one-handed if I'm not going to be late for work trying to fasten the two of them!)

Since I love looking at everyones photos, here are mine:

IMG_0525.JPGIMG_0524.JPGIMG_0526.JPGIMG_0527.JPGIMG_0528.JPGIMG_0531.JPG

Wow those bracelets are gorgeous Lizard ... thanks for sharing!

They're lovely pearls. How easy are they to put on and take off? I'm not great with bracelet clasps one handed, which is why I've never bought a pearl bracelet.

Bracelet clasps are what husbands are for. Or daughters. Or friends.

Oh MY GOODNESS! Those are incredibly beautiful. The photos are outstanding! :)

Thanks all for the comments - I'm probably better than most at doing up one-handed bracelet clasps, as have always worn them since I was a teenager. However, although I was familiar with the types of clasps on these bracelets, I hadn't had either type on a bracelet before. I'm finding the fishhook one a bit tricky, but think I will get it mastered after another try or two.

Wooowww are those freshies?? I saw the PP sale. Wanted the huge 18 ct fireball pendant but..ill just drool on em for now. And drools on yours as well!

Your bracelets are gorgeous, lizard! I love to wear pearl bracelets and being able to stare at them ALL day!!

Oh, I hadn't heard of those Katbran - what a good idea! I hope Amazon won't mind me borrowing a picture of one...
download.jpg

I'll never forget when the HSN which I think invented this "bracelet buddy" and debuted it on one of their shows and only available on their shopping channel at the time. My mother thought what a great idea for arthritic hands and bought a couple for my grandmother which tells you how long ago this was around. It was a smart yet simple idea back then and I was just a teen, years (Many many years) later I saw them on the shelves in Bed-bath-Beyond still a great idea.

I was wondering if people would post their PP sale loot. The Grad pearls are interesting idea in a bracelet...not sure I ever seen that before and those metallics are stunning.

Lizard - thanks for the photo . They are pretty cool and such a simple idea really.
A relative of mine .. someone's daughter in law...is married to a guy whose mom supposedly invented that...I was told, years ago, that she got the idea from a roach clip that happened to be about in one of the bedrooms... lol She presented it to the shopping channel...and there you go ! Now there are tons of them out there - some very nice looking ones with soft jaws. I thought the original would be a bit scratchy.

Actually the long nosed pliers work as well lol

Oh my goodness, that gold one is absolutely stunning!! I am drooling over here.

I was wondering if people would post their PP sale loot. The Grad pearls are interesting idea in a bracelet...not sure I ever seen that before and those metallics are stunning.

The only problem with the graduated bracelet is that the heaviest pearl pulls to the lowest point - so unless you realign it regularly, the best view is of the catch! There are a few "bar bracelets" in the sale with beautiful pearls, but I would think it would be very hard to keep the pearls in a visible position without using double sided tape! (No - I've course I wouldn't submit my pearls to that!)

That is a problem with most pearl bracelet designs - I was wandering around the HK show last year with a Pearl expert from the USA and it seemed like every time I pointed out a bracelet I liked..she'd point out the design flaw and tell me what was wrong with it lol When I go back in September..I'll have a much better idea what to look for that's for sure ! The pearls are very pretty though !

Back