transform an akoya necklace

tears_of_the_sea

This akoya necklace was a gift from ex. I have never worn it. Felt soooo gooooood when I cut it today :cool

Spent 1.5 hour to bead it with the silver bird, and one south sea pearl. while watching 3 episodes of The Odd Couple.

IMG_0165.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!!! Agree on the neck shot! Maybe on all of them! ;)

You did a wonderful job with the necklace as well as the other pieces. Another vote for a neck shot!

Really beautiful pieces and such unique settings.

Pls do share more photos of your beautiful pearls with us.

Oooooh I LOVE the setting with heart-shaped stones set as a bow. I now need one as well! :D

New projects

The two round freshwater strands with silver spacers is an aggressive try.
The supplier of the spacers only allows bulk buy,at least 200 spacers/order, so I ended up with lots spacers, and they are expensive , and now I have to cut two other strands to apply those spacers....I am thinking about put two akoya strands together , one silver and one white.
Feel like trapped in those spacers. I will never do bulk-buy again...
IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

Last edited:
New settings I did yesterday

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

This is my first try to set big FWP baroque (Edison), very difficult to drill and very difficult to set on gold plated silver. But I like challenge.
Will definitely buy more baroque pearls and try different style of settings.

IMG_0296.jpg

The Tahitian drop was bought online before Christmas, I don't like the original pendant clasp, so took it off and set it on the silver wing.

IMG_0292.jpg

Last edited:
OOOO, how did I miss this thread. Just gorgeous. I love the shell and the leaf.

How pretty! I love the spacers. I could take some off your hands if need be :) And the pearl in a shell setting is gorgeous. Where do you source your findings/settings?

Back