TPO natural colour akoya

olmander

After three weeks of expectation finally my TPO natural colour akoya necklace arrived yesterday. Unbelievable but two weeks out of three it was stuck in the local customs, half an hour away from me but there was no way to get it out of there.

It is really a very pretty necklace, shiny silver pearls with some blue and sometimes pink overtone. I am very happy with it, it is something different from traditional white or pink, and it fits very well all my grey-blue outfits which dominate in my wardrobe. I guess it is a sort of a collectioner's piece as well :)

Olga

Here are the pics:

Akoyanatural-vi.jpg

Akoyanatural1-vi.jpg

Akoyanatural2-vi.jpg

Akoyanatural3-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Olga,
It's beautiful. I can clearly see the overtones; and the lustre is amazing.
Thanks for the photos.

P.S. Every time I see these natural colour akoyas, I wonder why the market prefers them bleached white..... :confused:

One more thing: the white objects so sharply reflected in each pearl are not my teeth but a zip of my vest hanging over the necklace when I was making photos. Luster is indeed so high, really mirror-like -yesterday I saw myself waving in all the 50+ pearls simultaneously - like in a department store where 5o TVs are on and showing the same program :)

gorgeous pearls, Olga. And Sueki, I recently bought some beautiful untreated creamy grey FW's in China - I should post pics - they too would normally be bleached down. Not as lustrous as these stunning akoyas, though

Luster is indeed so high, really mirror-like -yesterday I saw myself waving in all the 50+ pearls simultaneously - like in a department store where 5o TVs are on and showing the same program

What a wonderful description! Olga, they are gorgeous, and I am glad they finally got to you! I have some of the baroques, and absolutely love the color, although they are not so perfect as yours----------

They are breathtaking! I am sure you will get much joy from wearing them!

Olga, I absolutely love the color and overtones. Subtle, but different! I sympathize with the customs problems. But they look like they were worth the wait!

They are simply beautiful and much as I like rhe natural coloured baroque Akoyas, these round ones are even better....Enjoy them.

Thanks everybody for kind words! I really developed some weakness to these little guys.

And I still keep thinking that pearls sort of wake up after a long journey in a closed box. I clearly see that after a couple of days these ones became more lustrous and colourful than when I first opened the box.

Like getting colour back in your face after a long illness :)

Olga

Not generally an Akoya fan, LOVE THESE! What size are these "little guys?"

They are 7 mm

I found out I can also wear them with this lovely enhancer - similar natural colour and luster. (Sorry, it is an evening photo, against the rules, I know... just can not wait to show...)

(now I deleted the bad evening photo)

Last edited:
WOWEE !!!!
Now you're talking Olga.
That's one gorgeous enhancer; and teamed with those pearls, well, as you will have guessed, I'm bowled over.....
Love it, love it, love it. :D

It just gets better, Olga.
Simply stunning.....:)

Back