Torres Pearls at Escape River, Far North Queensland, Australia

Thanks for the pic's Mary and welcome to the Pearl Guide.

I agree the bottom row is to crammed but hey if she likes it, good on her.

I doubt she'd be wearing gear like that if she married an aussie bloke.

Thanks for the welcome and here's my response to your invitation to post some royal bling!

Welcome to the forum, Mary :) I kinda like the pearl tiara better. It looks more elegant. I wonder how long the two daughter in-laws had to practice before they were able to wear tiaras effortlessly :)

- Karin

Wow, ladies, those are some awesome royal pearls. And seriously, used as a toothpick?!? Loved the dangling globules of pearls on that one tiara alone.

Rusty, you had better get Princess Mary some of your pearls now that Queen E has one of yours :)

Thanks Mary and Karin for the pic's.
Adeline, It's a buzz knowing The Queen of England has one of our Pearls.
It was paid for in Austalian dollars. Same deal for Pricess Mary if She'd like one.
I'm not so sure they actally need one though after seeing these pic's.

Marianne, Such thoughts are a joy to a Pearl Farmer.

Actually an afterthought, Rusty & Bronwyn - Princess Mary's beautiful sister-in-law Marie and her husband have an Australian connection - Joachim has actually spent more time in Australia than Frederick has, he jackeroo'ed in Wagga in southern NSW for a year. Marie is also the patron of several Danish jewellery events, so
it would actually be a much bigger coup if you could get some of your pearls onto the beautiful (and younger) Marie!

You could write to Jokke and Marie at:
Schackenborg Slot
Mogeltoender
South Jutland
Denmark

: )

Many Thanks Mary, Bronwyn and I are actually small fry as Modern Pearl Farming goes. We do not produce the volume required to launch an international awareness campain.

We are pretty happy just doin our thing up hear in the wilderness. We sell to those that are interested but are not chasing international recognition.

Our philanthropy is directed to special needs children here in North east Australia.

We wish the Danish Royal Family well but, realistically, our situations are very far apart.

Thanks for your thoughts and we look forward to your further corresponding on the Pearl-Guide

Are they still posting on the forum? This is such an interesting thread. I wonder how they are..

Bron and I are back so we'll get some things up asap. It was a treat reading through this

Rusty and Bronwyn, had a lovely read on your blog and website; what an undertaking you have and in such a beautiful setting! Look forward to reading more :)

Hey All, we just did our forth harvest a few week's back. Pretty exciting times. Now to see if I can put some pic's up.

P1030148 (800x600).jpg

I'm not very computer literate. That previous pic is our raft on the end of the wharf. If you turn left after the trees you are facing the mouth of Escape River and the Coral Sea. Although we are in a Mangrove Estuary, the ocean is not far away. This pic is of our NON Hi Tech operations room. (Sometimes, that 's what it is.) It's really our Sunset observation deck/shed.

P1030167 (800x600).jpg

Back