To buy or not to buy? Fiji baroque strand

MDC

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Messages
5
Hi, I need advice, I am currently obsessing over pearls in general especially the black varieties. I recently bought a very sweet baby Tahitian gold art nouvou style pendant and also snapped up a pair of Cook Islan Black pearl studs orginally from Bergman and sons, so my budget is fairly exhausted and off course I just saw these, the strand of Fiji black pearls, 11-13mm low quality baroque 43cm with silver T bar clasp, priced about $300usd in my local currency, is it a not to be missed deal or should I keep saving for better quality, note I live in NZ so visiting Fiji in the next 3-5 years is highly probable and next year I am going to Rarotonga so I could wait and buy locally. Here are is a picture I screen shot, I need opinions
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7993.jpeg
    IMG_7993.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 28
It's easy to obsess over black pearls. They're might favorite for the color range.

The image you attached aren't Fiji pearls, though. They're dyed Chinese freshwater. I'd pass on that strand.
Wow that was quick - she is quite reputable but maybe she was mislead. Thanks I’ll pass I already have some very nice dyed freshwater.
 
It's easy to obsess over black pearls. They're might favorite for the color range.

The image you attached aren't Fiji pearls, though. They're dyed Chinese freshwater. I'd pass on that strand.
Here is another picture I thought they looked quite good for low grade - your sure they are freshwater?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7994.jpeg
    IMG_7994.jpeg
    473.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7992.jpeg
    IMG_7992.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top