The Longest Akoya Pearl Necklace Has Made Her Debut in Zhanjiang

Bigwellpearls

Zhanjiang, the southernmost coastal city of Mainland China, adjacent to Hainan has been famous for her superb Akoya pearls for two decades in the world.
Our Akoya pearl farmers, processors began to collect two best 7.0-7.5mm Akoya pearl strands every year in 1995. Four thousand strands were strung to a single necklace measures 2278.50 meters, consists of 316474 pieces of Akoya pearls, weight 169.89 kilograms, 8 workers spent 5 months on stringing the necklace. Guinness World Records has been created by Zhanjiang,Guangdong,China. The quality is the best of the best...

The longest Akoya pearl necklace on the earth .jpg
The Longest Akoya Pearl Necklace measures 2278.50 meters.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That's a little over 1.4 miles long, for those of us who think in miles. Mind-boggling.

I don't like "links" something about worms and all that. Any pictures?
*edit never mind?my router timed out earlier. I have seen the pics by cut and pasting.

Thanks

Thanks

In that case, try to upload it again.The longest Akoya pearl necklace on the earth .jpg

Wow, eventually succeeded!

Thank you, Vigor. Once they make the record, can the necklace be broken up? It would be sad if all that beauty had to be stationary, forever.

Great photo, isn't it?

I echo thanks! for doing the math, PD. THAT would be 1.4mi worth strolling.

Hi Lisa,
You're welcome. The unique necklace could be broken up sooner or later on conditions that an unavoidable auction would be held, invitations to VIPs and Groups. Surely, all that beauty would be stationary for good if directors of the board insisted on the concept of sharing beauty with visitors around the world from generation to generation.

Hi Lisa,
You're welcome. The unique necklace could be broken up sooner or later on conditions that an unavoidable auction would be held, invitations to VIPs and Groups. Surely, all that beauty would be stationary for good if directors of the board insisted on the concept of sharing beauty with visitors around the world from generation to generation.

I didn't really understand your response about it being eventually broken up or not. But, I too hope that once it has been entered into the Guinness that it will eventually be broken up and made into pieces that people can wear.:)

I think the writer is saying that he hopes the longest necklace can remain on display for future generations to enjoy its beauty. However, it might be necessary to sell the necklace, in which case, it is possible that it would be broken up and resold.

Thank you for your comments and advice.
The unique Akoya pearl necklace will remain on display for future generations to enjoy its beauty for a least a century according to directors of the board. It's impossible that it would be broken up and resold in four decades.
It's a glorious achievement and eye-catching treasure to attract more and more visitors from all over the world to come to see the necklace.
A remarkable era has begun in global pearling industry.

Last edited:
Photos available showing the whole necklace , but encircled, It was sent to Guangzhou to show last month. It's just sent back to Zhanjiang.

Last edited:
The photo shows the encircled necklace in two stainless steel...The Longest Akoya Pearl Necklace.jpg

Last edited:
Back