The French Blue

Amazon is still showing 19-23 November for the P&I (paper and ink) crowd. Should make great reading for the holidays.

I am looking forward to it. The preview looks very promising. a fascinating story.

I'll have to hunt Richard down in Tucson to get him to sign my copy. He'll probably be at the AGA conference. ;)

I just downloaded the Kindle version and have devoured The Secrets of the Gem Trade by Wise. A great read. Thanks for the heads up on The French Blue. I'm traveling tomorrow and it will perfect for a long flight!

GemGeek,

You can hunt me down at AGTA. I will be giving a talk on The French Blue at a seminar on February 4th at 1:00pm. Also, at Tucson Gem & Mineral Show on Saturday the 13th at 11.

Judi, Hope you enjoy the Kindle version, I love my Kindle, unfortunately can't sign it though.

Sure you could. I'll just bring the whole Kindle to Tucson and you can just sign it! And I will hunt you down too for the seminar on the 4th at 1:00pm. What room will it be in?

Judi,
LOL, Not sure, check AGTA website I think they have a list of seminars. Bring a sharpie.
R.

Received today. Us Seattleites do have a little advantage with Amazon mail. Great timing for reading during upcoming travels.

Allow me to share The French Blue's first "professional" literary review from the prestigious Midwest Book Review:

5 of 5 stars (Amazon) A fine piece of historical fiction, highly recommended, December 8, 2009
By Midwest Book Review (Oregon, WI USA)

"Gems have always been items of great worth. "The French Blue" tells a fictionalized story of the historic French blue diamond and the man who brought it to France, Jean-Baptiste Tavernier and his associate, Madeleine de Goisse, who traveled throughout India and Persia. The French blue is the focus of the story, but the adventures of Jean and Madeleine are what keeps the story moving. "The French Blue" is a fine piece of historical fiction, highly recommended."

I'll be reading this book after I finish Tears of Mermaids over the holidays thanks to Peter Bazar who gave me a copy, looking foward to it.

Will do.... I do not like the comparison to Cocaine dealers.. I think I saw a tread devoted to ToM, don't want to hijack this one...

If you had to form your opinion of Mr. Bloom from this book, well, he didn't come across as a nice guy. The word muckraker comes to mind.

A Fine Read

A Fine Read

Dear Richard,

I just finished The French Blue, (Kindle version) a great read for someone interested in pearls and gems, and a very good story for others. As a novelist myself, I compliment you on your dialogue, your tremendous research, and for your ability to keep the story moving forward.

I believe your book will inspire my 23 year old son, Tom Jr., who also is receiving your Secrets of the Gem Trade for Christmas and who is debating whether to attend Law School versus GIA in Carlsbad, plus the pearl course in Bangkok with Ken Scarratt and Nick Sturman.

Congratulations! And of course Holiday Greetings to you and your family.

Tom Stern, M.D.
Incoming National Fellow, Stanford University Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace
Prince of Sulu and North Borneo (Datu Bandahala)
Special Representative to the U.S.A.
Chairman, One World Institute
President, Titan Gold Mining Corporation
447 Sutter St.
San Francisco, CA USA 94108
mobile +1-510-331-7826

What a wonderful book. I had to wait and wait and wait but totally worth it!!!! Dear Mr. Shepherd - I'll be looking forward to any of your book recommendations!!! Thank you so much.

Back