Summer projects

nnguye20

It's been a while since I posted anything on PG, since I'm trying to restrain myself from buying more pearls and save up my money for the Ruckus :p
Anyway, I've been making some jewelries to wear for the event, feel free to tell me what you guys think. My craftmanship is still pretty rough so I probably gonna remake some of these.

Attachments

• IMG_20180630_140441_479.jpg
    IMG_20180630_140441_479.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 2018-07-07-12-21-08.jpg
    2018-07-07-12-21-08.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 31
  • Sydney Lynch Design: Oxidized Silver and 22K Gold with Cortez Pearl
    Sydney Lynch Design: Oxidized Silver and 22K Gold with Cortez Pearl
    110.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Tania Maria's "Victorian" Design with Cortez Mabe Pearls
    Tania Maria's "Victorian" Design with Cortez Mabe Pearls
    65.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Nora Lerner and Devta Doolan Mabe Pearl Ring with amazing Cortez Mabe Pearl
    Nora Lerner and Devta Doolan Mabe Pearl Ring with amazing Cortez Mabe Pearl
    5.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 41.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 28.5 KB · Views: 36
:eek: Oh my word! The coral pieces in particular are remarkable. Just beautiful, all of it.

Nothing wrong with your craftsmanship, either. :)

Thank you Pearl Dreams! I'm glad that they look fine because the wire knots are pretty clumsily done ( I have weak hands lol).

You are wonderfully creative! That will be stunning for the ruckus, I'm sure!

Wowza! Those pieces are amazing. I can't wait to see them in person. Good job!

These are fantastic! I love how you’ve designed with the coral!

Great new pieces! I really look forward to seeing them in person :)

How beautiful. Your project is stunning. Very creative. And I love the coral.

I love the red thread on the tahitian. I think bold colour choices on pearls add that extra contemporary touch. It is going to look great with the coral earrings.

May I give some friendly advice? This wrap worries me. Since there is just one loop of thin wire, it can be yanked off which would be a pity. Adding a couple more wraps would make it more secure and it would also coordinate well with the three loops on the other side of the branch as well as the earrings.

Cortez Keshi 2010 (6)

Attachments

• Sheri Journecka: Turtles with Cortez Mabe Pearls
    Sheri Journecka: Turtles with Cortez Mabe Pearls
    63.5 KB · Views: 39
You are wonderfully creative! That will be stunning for the ruckus, I'm sure!

Wowza! Those pieces are amazing. I can't wait to see them in person. Good job!

These are fantastic! I love how you’ve designed with the coral!

So creative!! Way to go and isn't it fun!! Looking forward to seeing all of these in person! The Tahitians are ombred with wine thread? WOW! And the coral earrings, statements for sure!!

Great new pieces! I really look forward to seeing them in person :)

How beautiful. Your project is stunning. Very creative. And I love the coral.

I love the red thread on the tahitian. I think bold colour choices on pearls add that extra contemporary touch. It is going to look great with the coral earrings.

May I give some friendly advice? This wrap worries me. Since there is just one loop of thin wire, it can be yanked off which would be a pity. Adding a couple more wraps would make it more secure and it would also coordinate well with the three loops on the other side of the branch as well as the earrings.

View attachment 60836
Thank you so much everybody! I cannot wait to see you all too! :eek:
Lady Disdain Thank you and don't worry about it :cool: . That part is drilled so all I did was wrapping the wire around the hole so it's pretty secured actually. I was lucky since this coral piece already has 2 drilled holes

Those necklaces! I love the one with the coral and the pastel-looking tin cup with the darker pearl hanging from a two-sided chain in particular.

Me too! Neck shots, please! Looking forward to seeing them at Ruckus!

Katbran unfortunately I dont have many opportunities to wear them, I always feel it is a bit of a waste wearing pearls with my crappy everyday clothes �� But I just love collecting and making jewelries especially when under stress. At least I will get a chance to wear them at the Ruckus.
Bonsava thank you the pearls are metallic freshies, blue akoya and a light green tahitian pearl. I must admit I took inspiration from simplyadorned4u when making this piece.
Lady_disdain and SunSeeker hmm I need to wait for morning to take good pic. Im not really good at taking selfie ��

I know the 'my wardrobe and my jewelry are not quite on the same level' struggle, nnguye, but have finally decided to just go with it. If folks have a problem with it, they can just look somewhere else!

Good source of inspiration, I'd say - I just got my first order from her today and don't want to take it off, even though wearing it to bed is a not really a good idea on any level. I'm also lusting after...approximately 1/4 of the total current inventory of her Etsy shop.

Katbran unfortunately I dont have many opportunities to wear them, I always feel it is a bit of a waste wearing pearls with my crappy everyday clothes

What? I wear pearls with jeans and T-shirts, and tank tops and shorts. I find the more pearls you layer on, the more casual they look. Seriously. Try it.

Everything is fantastic. The coral earring is so so so pretty.

Here's how the coral pieces look on denim-colored t shirt.
BWeaves I love wearing pearls with simple clothing too. The Tahitian strand really level up my tshirt-and-jeans look. I still need more confidence and put more effort in dressing up to suit the jewelry tho. 😁

Attachments

• 2018-07-10-13-58-01.jpg
    2018-07-10-13-58-01.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 33
Back