Streamlining a bit - Battah's bead babies

Just kidding there's more.
A good pic of the kumihimo collar:
View attachment 43839
And I restrung my triple strand into an ombre rope and I'm a little obsessed with it - this is heavily inspired by Purranha's gorgeous Emily Thorne (with pendant option here):
View attachment 43840
And of course there's a matching tassel - FYI Beader's Secret makes lovely tassels (thanks again, pattye!):
View attachment 43841
Ok done for now ;)

Well HELLO COUSIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the ombre rope - please post neck shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And LOOK AT THAT BLUE!!!!!!!! that blue pearl and the purple on in the pendant option - those 2 are crazy!

Ii think the idea of using the Keshi for your little MS pin is a good one !
The pearls with the brass (?) chain .. How long is that ..I'm assuming the pearls hang at the bottom of the chain.
Love the tassels!! That soft pink with that pearl ..gorgeous !

Thanks, Katbran! Re: the pearls with the brass, I want to do some kind of tin cup style a la Newberry's, but I haven't figured out the clustering pattern yet. I've been staring at them for a few weeks trying to decide how to lay it out.

Battah, thanks for sharing so many pretty pieces~love LadyD's pearl tassel caps~so original!! Nicely done with the Beader's Secret tassel, too. I've been meaning to try that also! Love all the creative experimenting going on!

Thank you, Pattye! LD's tassel caps are awesome! She was so sweet to include the wire inside, soldered into perfect little loops for me so I didn't have to mess with wire wrapping. I feel a new thread order coming on.... the tassels are so much fun to make and play with, I think I need more colors! I have a ton of white drop pearls so I may make a bunch of those to stock up in the shop. So many fun ways to use them.

Lovely work. The ombre looks great. I'm a sicker for ombres. Neck shot!

battah - your beaders secret Tassel is beautiful! The best idea i've ever seen! And the color is so nice!

Thanks, loves, sorry I missed replying! I'll dig up my neck shot of the ombre rope, I think I posted it in SUYPIA a while back but not here.
Two recent projects (I just ordered some fun Beader's Secret colors, so more of these are forthcoming):
20160816_070450-480x640.jpg
20160815_163623-480x640.jpg
The second one is a Tahitian with a black spinel tassel.

I've been a bit lazy about posting lately - I have a few new projects. Hopefully the sun will come out at some point so I can take reasonable photos. In the meantime, this is from several weeks ago. My friend asked me to make a birthday gift for his wife (also my friend!), and after perusing PG per my directions, he really loved BAS' ombre freshwater asymmetrical tin cup. I showed him lots of different pearls from my collection and he decided to go with lighter colored round Tahitians with 14k white gold. Jac kindly put together a perfect little set of five rounds with just the right color graduation, and I put them together. I didn't want to post til she saw her gift in the very unlikely event that she would see it. So here's its Internet debut, haha.

20160909_120743_crop_604x604.jpg
20160909_120705-480x640.jpg

Battah, that's a lovely necklace ... simple, sophisticated and very elegant!

BAS, we ALL miss you :)

That asymmetrical necklace is gorgeous! I've never seen one done like that, it's unusual and very nice! The pearls are beautiful!

Thanks, ladies! I was so glad that BAS didn't mind us using the design.

How did I miss this thread for all these days? I loved seeing your new creations, Battah, and wow! Love the ombre necklace and the gift you made for your friend. The kumihimo turned out fantastically too! Just seeing your ideas laid out is exciting... makes me want to open up a shop so I can buy more, but realistically, I know I'm not that motivated to sell anything. I'd just keep it all. What's next?!?

Thanks, amti! Haha I had opened my shop as a way to be able to buy more jewelry, but it just ends up as an excuse to buy "supplies" for things I keep for myself.

I've missed this thread too. Battah fantastic pieces, my favourite is the coral/turquoise necklace.

Back