My first knotting project - taught by a master!

lmgarden

I recently return from 2 weeks in Portland Oregon. While I was there our own dear Pattye agreed to teach me how to knot! After a couple meetings at her lovely home, AND a couple yummy lunches we played with pearls!! I practiced and became familiar with materials and tools, but decided to work on my project at home. After I returned, she graciously consented to take my SOS texts over the weekend!!

I had a very pretty 34" Catherine Cardellini rope I felt needed more dimension. It has clusters of 3 10.5mm metallic pearls placed evenly throughout 6.5-7mm pink metallics, with yg filled beads between the large pearls. Last year I bought about 20 13-15mm metallic ripple pearls from Kongs & Wen Pearls - not really knowing what I would do with them. So I decided to replace all the large middle pearls with the new pearls! Once I disassembled the rope, it occurred to me that perhaps I should have started with an 18" necklace, but I was at the point of no return, and decided to tackle the long thread that turned a 34" rope into a 36" rope! I decided to knot between most of the gold beads to see if there might be a difference in feel and visual, but there was none.

The first to pics are its original state, the rest were taken in various lighting, and before I cut the threads from the fourth pearls down from the gimp. Notice that poor mangled needle that took major abuse!

Attachments

• IMG_4418.jpg
    IMG_4418.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4436.jpg
    IMG_4436.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5006.jpg
    IMG_5006.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4914.jpg
    IMG_4914.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4971.jpg
    IMG_4971.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5039.jpg
    IMG_5039.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5045.jpg
    IMG_5045.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 39
It turned out lovely! So much more interest now. Was it hard to do the knotting for your first time?

I love it! And how lucky are you to have been taught by Pattye!!

Good job!!!! Now, confess. It's addicting, isn't it?

Are you going to tackle your flapper rope?

Oh, you definitely kicked that strand up several notches. Lovely.

I like the result much more than the original version! (even though it was nice as well). Very well done, congratulations! :) neck shots please?))

That rope was nothing to sneeze at to begin with, but now you've given it your own special touch and it has more "pop". Well done!!!!! My guess is that you'll be posting many, many more knotting projects in the near future. :)

Nice work!!! The addition of those pearls make it a much more interesting piece!

Congratulations and welcome to the crazy knotters club :) Love how the remodel has so much pizazz!!!

I like this even better than the Lowly Beaders Club :D

Can that forum be renamed?

Also, I do love the addition of the new pearls. It really makes the necklace pop.

And longer is always better in my book. That came out dirtier than I intended. I love long, long pearl necklaces.

Maybe we should take a poll (on renaming the Lowly Beaders Club the Crazy Knotters Club?)
Opinions?

Great job, LMG! The original necklace was very nice, but the new version has a lot more drama. How lucky you were to learn from a master. I would love it if there were stringing lessons at the Ruckus.

Back