Streamlining a bit - Battah's bead babies

battah

I couldn't think of a better alliteration. At any rate, I feel like I started too many threads here, so I'll just start posting my new stuff in one place, as I dig back into playing with pearls and gemstone beads.

Black spinel braided long necklace (featuring Sheri's octobabies!)
20160621_100818-600x800.jpg

Braided garnet long necklace with dragon clasp.
20160621_195617.jpg

Rosebud pearls and gold glass beads, braided... collier I guess?
20160708_223507-480x640.jpg

Torsade with John Tu nuggets in natural colors, and one strand of off-rounds. Will be making a matching bracelet.
20160719_091649-480x640.jpg

Since BAS finished her "Pearl a Day" post, I'm having withdrawal symptoms. Perhaps you can give us our daily fix?

That would be fun! Not sure I can post a new creation every day, but I can certainly post things I'm working on or planning. Good idea!

Battah, please keep posting your works of art. I get such inspiration from looking. They look so intricate. Maybe it will spur me on with pearl projects of my own.

I'm honored that you see my stuff that way, Luvglitz! I'd love to see what you come up with. Making your own jewelry is so satisfying. Please share photos!

Thanks for posting the octo piece again - I love it. Heck, I love them all! And you have to love John Tu!

Thanks, loves! GG I was so excited when my friend offered to pick up some of his stuff for me. He only does west coast shows, I think, so I haven't gotten to meet him myself. She and I Skype when she's at his booth and she picks up my selections for me. It's fun :) she's too shy to ask him to talk to me though ;) I'd love to tell him hi!

Here's another project I'm working on. I need to undo the braid because I realized too late that there's a mistake in it (doh!). Since I'm redoing anyway, I'm considering adding a bit of turquoise for a fun pop of color. And trying to decide on clasp color, silver or gold...

20160720_104615-480x640.jpg
20160720_104552-480x640.jpg
Sorry for the terrible lighting. The beads are coral and dyed howlite (the blue).

And thanks, ladies! Purr, I'll let you know next time she goes to a show, we can look for stuff for you if you like! He tends to have great nugget and coin pearls, good stuff for projects.

JP yesssss we do!!

I second that. Turquoise will make a wonderful splash of color!

Ok then! I'll take it apart tonight and get it threaded up. Any thoughts on clasp color? I've always liked yellow with turquoise, but I could go either way with coral.

I like the idea of using the Howlite for colour ..were you thinking of using a band of it or working it through ? I think I like the idea of using gold but maybe use whatever metal you tend to wear the most.. Either silver or gold is fine really. You are definitely going to need a bigger jewelery box !!
( now I'm searching trying to find the mistake ...lol ....it's SO irritating to finish a piece and later find you made an error in a pattern. )

Katbran, it'll be speckled throughout. I'm just going to add one strand. I don't think you cab see the error in the picture but I missed a bead and didn't notice til I tied off. Very annoying!!

Guys I'm trying to undo the braid but this little dude is distracting me..
IMG_2016-07-20-21385651-480x853.jpg

Back