Show us your PP 12th day of Christmas Sale purchases!

Cathy, what a wonderful set! I love how much personal thought you've put into it!! Love the snow photo as well - I guess that's the best white background I've ever seen for pearls) your photo is veeeery pleasing to the eye)))

I wanted to order Day 04 akoyas, but they sold out by the time I had finally decided lol

I'm now quite tempted by 9.5-10 mm baroque akoyas, but from the photo it looks like they have quite peachy-yellow overtone that doesn't go with my skin. I might ask for more photos from Erin. Or maybe someone already has a strand from this lot and can share IRL photos? Please?)
I'm talking about these: https://www.pearlparadise.com/products/95-100-mm-white-akoya-baroque-pearl-necklace
4829.jpg

Cathy! I love this set. So beautiful. Love the colors in the Tahitians. If she is not a Tahitian lover yet, she will be. It's a thoughtful gift, too.

Lugana, these are beautiful pearls. Love the slight surface interest from the baroque shapes. Have you called to see if they have any strings with cooler overtones?

hanadama, good to see you! :) Thanks.

I wanted to order Day 04 akoyas, but they sold out by the time I had finally decided lol

I'm now quite tempted by 9.5-10 mm baroque akoyas, but from the photo it looks like they have quite peachy-yellow overtone that doesn't go with my skin. I might ask for more photos from Erin. Or maybe someone already has a strand from this lot and can share IRL photos? Please?)
I'm talking about these: https://www.pearlparadise.com/products/95-100-mm-white-akoya-baroque-pearl-necklace
View attachment 46954

This is the telling line in bold "Behold! The find of all finds! This extraordinarily beautiful and extraordinarily rare monthly special is here! 18 inches of the most lustrous, extra large, 9.5-10.0 mm baroque Akoya pearls we've ever discovered. We were so entranced , we bought them all up. Appropriately clasped with a 14k yellow gold laser ball, you'll feel your cheeks blush rose when the complements keep flowing. If you prefer a different length and clasp, please make your request in the Special Instructions box during checkout."

Do NOT hesitate on this one.

Here is my strand from this special.
Cell phone picture on Jeremy's desk
20150412_112202.jpg

Beauty shot
-baroqueakoya.jpg

I wear this strand often and really love it.
IMG_0274.jpg

When I went to PP I took the freshwater metallic drop with me to see if I could match one of these strands. My drop is white with lots of pink overtones and the akoya strand I choose has matching pink overtones. These are special pearls and if there are a few leftover in the vault and you get one you will be very a very lucky girl.

THAT's why I love this forum! newberry and Pearl Dreams - thanks A LOT for sharing! Ordered!! ;)

Thanks to everyone! I'm excited now too))))

There was another item that I spotted as a "catch", but since I'm with akoyas now - maybe someone else will like it, I will share. Tahitians with cherry overtone at an affordable price:
https://www.pearlparadise.com/colle...1-9-9-mm-oval-baroque-tahitian-pearl-necklace
TQN-2023_WG_w.jpg

Just called to PP - I think I happened to speak to Jeremy, first time - he confirmed that those strands are in stock. I don't know whether they are from the same 2015 batch or no.. I've asked for some photos when Erin's in :)

Last edited:
I think I took a picture of that strand when I was there in September (outside strand). It is really cherry and a steal at that price.

IMG_1249.jpg

Oops and apologies .. The photo of the Honey Tahitian set is PP glamour shot, and all credit goes to Katja and Erin and PP, with my thanks! In a million years I could never take a photo like that sigh ... I designed many a brochure cover, propped, set up, probably still have some of that snow LOL; the ideas are easy for me ... camera skills ... ZERO. So grateful whenever I get a glamour shot!!!

newberry, that's a lovely color strand. From the PP photo, it appears that the surfaces are less than perfect...BUT are of wonderful color and luster. And at that price, if you don't mind the surface imperfections, a wonderful way to own a Tahitian strand.

They are gorgeous! I've learned that minor blemishes don't bother me at all provided the colours are bright and luster is sharp!

When I looked at those two cherry strands I thought they were beautiful. Most marks don't bother. It's luster and shape that I look for. Rounds don't interest me at all but I'm wild for smooth drops. I do enjoy looking at others people's rounds just not around my neck ;)

When I took those pictures I was looking for cherries for someone else... she prefers rounds so didn't get them. I do hope someone here does though.

I hope someone here snags it too...at that price it is indeed a good bargain! I also adore the drops, and especially smooth and pointed drops with dark body colors. But then show me a pretty circled Tahitian, and well, I just may change my mind.

Back