Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks Jeg and CatMom for the love on my green garnets and Aquaprase.

I attended the Boston Museum of Fine Arts' "Fashioned by Sargent" exhibit that explored the artist, John Singer Sargent's, complex relationship with his often affluent clients and their clothes. This Gilded Age gown owned by Sarah Choate Sears, made by the House of Worth-- a famous Paris couture house as explained on the plaque- embodies the true definition of 'pearls in action'. Embellished with hundreds of faux pearls on silk, this gown was displayed near her portrait which you can see to the right of the display case. ( She's not wearing the gown in the portrait) Not only is this 140+ year old gown in pristine condition, the pearl workmanship is truly amazing!

View attachment 467370View attachment 467373View attachment 467374View attachment 467375View attachment 467376
Truly amazing work! WOW!

I hope everyone that celebrates had wonderful holidays and I wish each of you a safe and healthy New Year. Here is my little bauble from Annie Case. It an 18kt Akoya and gemstone brooch/pendant. Here I am wearing it with my Blue Rose strand but it will go nicely with my new ruby pendant as well, lol.

View attachment 467447

View attachment 467448
Very pretty & very Holiday season! Love it!

So happy to see you back from your long journey, eolian! Yay to be able to play with your pearls again!

CatMom, your new bauble is wonderful! It will look fantastic with all your gemstones and pearls!

Thank you Douglas and jeg!

A silver Tahitian necklace from a long time ago from PP, earrings from Hawaii, and a keshi chain I made.
IMG_2018.jpeg
IMG_0394.jpeg

2thdktr: Thank you for sharing your photos of that dress. Wowza. Even being faux pearls, that dress had to have been heavy. That's a lot of pearls.

Today I went classic. Freshwater drop pearls from Kojima on my own diamond hoops. Very lightweight and easy to wear. Perfect drops.

White akoya necklaces. Left to right.

My birthday pearls. They are not Mikimoto. Mom bought them when I was born, and had them restrung with a spare Mikimoto clasp. She had her Mikimotos restrung with another Mikimoto strand and a diamond clasp. These pearls still look amazing after 65 years. Very white. 16"

Mom's 9+ mm akoyas. Creamy. 16"

9mm baroque akoyas from PP. Very pink compared to most of my other pearls. Very round. If you didn't know they were baroque, you'd think they were round. Incredibly shiny. They rival my Hanadamas in luster. 17"

Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon pearls. The one reason I haven't bought a strand of those beautiful small pearls is because this strand and my birthday pearl strand both work great for hanging pendants on. 18"

Years ago, I would not have worn these pearls together. They don't match, and they jumble about. But after seeing several Pearl Guide friends (looking at you JEG) wearing non matching short necklaces together, I'm a convert. I love the look.

View attachment 467385View attachment 467384View attachment 467383
These are just LOVELY!

Thanks Jeremy! I think that might be my first strand from PP. Just like new, except I changed the clasp several years ago so I could extend it.

Japan Kasumi earrings from Kojima and a tin cup necklace I made. Worn as a lariat with a Tahitian pendant from Hawaii.
IMG_2019.jpeg
IMG_0646.jpeg

It's not easy being green. 10 mm Tahitian earrings from Ocean's Cove. Coral Atoll necklace of circled Tahitian pearls from Kamoka. Very dark green, with circles of color. It's actually hard to photograph it. Celeste told me these pearls come from their sister farm that tends to grown more circles, while Kamoka has smoother pearls. I wasn't sure I was going to like the chunky hook clasp, but it's one of my favorite "easy" clasps, and it stays hooked nicely.

IMG_2077.jpeg
IMG_2082.jpeg
IMG_2083.jpeg

I hope everyone that celebrates had wonderful holidays and I wish each of you a safe and healthy New Year. Here is my little bauble from Annie Case. It an 18kt Akoya and gemstone brooch/pendant. Here I am wearing it with my Blue Rose strand but it will go nicely with my new ruby pendant as well, lol.

View attachment 467447

View attachment 467448
Love pearls and gems together-- very pretty.

I'm still in a green mood. Once I get a color stuck in my head, I wear that color for days.

All Kojima today. Pistachio Tahitian studs. I love these. Ombre' tin-cup with light to dark pistachio Tahitian keshi and a large blue green ombre' drop pearl. Asymmetric Tahitian keshi tin-cup. These two layer nicely, because the longer one is just chain where it comes together with the shorter one.

IMG_2089.jpeg
IMG_2086.jpeg
IMG_2087.jpeg

Beige isn't really my color, but it was a good backdrop for pearls. Pomme de la Mer golden SS pearl pendant from the PP Hong Kong Live event. Mom's white SS pearl earrings. I really agonized over buying some golden SS pearl earrings during various PP live events, but I decided that Mom's earrings really are a good match, style-wise, to the pendant. And the pearls are perfect. No imperfections, great luster, perfect shape, well matched.

IMG_2092.jpeg
IMG_2093.jpeg
IMG_2096.jpeg
IMG_2098.jpeg

BWeaves, I actually think it was a good choice to go with the style match on those. They look really great together and finding earrings with the coloring of that pendant might be a little more challenging.

Some random things- a necklace from Kojima, a bracelet I knotted with tiny Tahitians from Alex Collins, a tin cup bracelet I made with extra keshi, and mixed metal earrings from San Francisco that I added keshi to.
IMG_2023.jpeg
IMG_0718.jpeg
IMG_0738.jpeg

Thanks JEG!!! I agree about trying to match the golden SS color. The Pomme de la Mer pendant is dark, leans towards green with rose overtones. I've never seen another pearl like it. It would be almost impossible to match the color, let alone the style.

Also, I think my finger just slipped on the Kojima website. They're having a 36% off sale. I've been really bad about buying and returning pearls the last couple of months, so I hope I this piece is a keeper. I won't say more. Don't want to jinx it.

Digging down to the bottom of my pearl drawer to wear my first Tahitians. I always thought I didn't like Tahitians, because I didn't care for perfectly matched, dark black pearls. Then I discovered colorful, baroque, pastel Tahitians and fell in love. Necklace with white gold and sapphire clasp. Drop earrings with opals. Both from Kojima. Amazinging the earrings match, because I was drawn to the same colors of Tahitians. I love the horseshoe earring finding. It's very balanced on the ear. Secure. And it covers any droop in my hole, which I think is very flattering.

IMG_2101.jpeg
IMG_2103.jpeg
IMG_2104.jpeg
IMG_2105.jpeg

Happy New Year. Druzy, diamonds, and a freshwater button pearl worn on my white and yellow gold cables. The druzy really sparkles. I call this my Judy Jetson necklace, although now that I look for photos, it's actually Astro, the dog, that wears a double round necklace. Oops.

IMG_2106.jpeg

Yellow gold Mikimoto huggie earrings. I loved this earring so much, I bought it in white gold, too. The yellow gold version has pinked pearls, and the white gold version has much whiter pearls.

IMG_2110.jpeg

IMG_2113.jpeg
IMG_2114.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you @jeg and @SurfnSci ! It is great to play with my pearls again! And WOW @SurfnSci your kasumi necklace is crazy colorful! So so beautiful!
@jeg and @BWeaves you both have such incredible collection of pearls!!! it is always a pleasure to see how you combine the different pieces! So so inspiring!

A casual look for me. Tahitian keshis from Pearlescence combined with a leftover beads and pearls necklace I made. And my Mom with baroque akoyas from PP and Julia from Oceanrhyme on Etsy. She loves those necklaces and often combines them.
B73DA154-279F-4DC8-9B4C-57DA3E15FE15.jpeg
C97BEC77-E2A7-4911-BC06-A5BCE9135BCE.jpeg
FE9F786F-5D1E-4A0A-82F2-3AD1C70CB778.jpeg

Back