Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Digging down to the bottom of my pearl drawer to wear my first Tahitians. I always thought I didn't like Tahitians, because I didn't care for perfectly matched, dark black pearls. Then I discovered colorful, baroque, pastel Tahitians and fell in love. Necklace with white gold and sapphire clasp. Drop earrings with opals. Both from Kojima. Amazinging the earrings match, because I was drawn to the same colors of Tahitians. I love the horseshoe earring finding. It's very balanced on the ear. Secure. And it covers any droop in my hole, which I think is very flattering.

View attachment 467507View attachment 467506View attachment 467505View attachment 467504
That red top really shows off the beautiful colors of those Ts!

Beige isn't really my color, but it was a good backdrop for pearls. Pomme de la Mer golden SS pearl pendant from the PP Hong Kong Live event. Mom's white SS pearl earrings. I really agonized over buying some golden SS pearl earrings during various PP live events, but I decided that Mom's earrings really are a good match, style-wise, to the pendant. And the pearls are perfect. No imperfections, great luster, perfect shape, well matched.

View attachment 467500View attachment 467499View attachment 467498View attachment 467497
Great way to show off that necklace with that sweater.

Feeling purple today. I haven't tried this combination of pearls before. Kasumi and amethyst earrings from Kojima. Chocolate Plum pendant from Kojima on pistachio baroque akoya necklace from PP. Peach ripples from Kojima hooked to colorful ripples from Pacific Pearls to make a sort of ombre' rope.

IMG_2134.jpeg
IMG_2132.jpeg
IMG_2133.jpeg

Thanks so much, SurfnSci, BWeaves and eolian! SurfnSci, the mix of colors in your Kasumi strand is fantastic! Eolian, I love the dainty pearl pairing, and how wonderful your mom shares your pearl passion with you! BWeaves, I am loving your color themes! I love color, but I tend to fade into greys and blacks for so much of the winter.

Wearing a strand of champagne golden Akoya from Takahashi, earrings from little h, a crazy colored Grace Pearl Edison pendant that was a special request to Jeremy, on an Akoya station chain I put together.
IMG_2027.jpeg
IMG_1161.jpeg

Happy New Year Everyone!
May 2024 be filled to the Rim with Nacreous Orbs of Beauty!
May your cups be filled and overflow with Love, Health and Pearls!

Happy New Year, everyone! I have been enjoying everyone's pearl posts!
Some holiday finery: Baroque Tahitian and diamond pendant from the PP FB Live Hong Kong sale just recently, with Tahitian earrings from Ocean's Cove from several years ago.

20231221_140550.jpg
20231221_141015.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much, SurfnSci, BWeaves and eolian! SurfnSci, the mix of colors in your Kasumi strand is fantastic! Eolian, I love the dainty pearl pairing, and how wonderful your mom shares your pearl passion with you! BWeaves, I am loving your color themes! I love color, but I tend to fade into greys and blacks for so much of the winter.

Wearing a strand of champagne golden Akoya from Takahashi, earrings from little h, a crazy colored Grace Pearl Edison pendant that was a special request to Jeremy, on an Akoya station chain I put together.
View attachment 467537View attachment 467538
Great combo, so pretty! That Edison is so unique.

@2thdktr, your PP pendant is a knockout, wow - So pretty! @jeg I love everything you have on today, from your beautiful pearls (those golden Takahashis!!!) to your chic skirt. @BWeaves Your purple combination is perfect, with so much amazing ripple-y luster! @eolian pearls You and your mom both have gorgeous strands! And you know I especially love your Robert Wan Keshis ;)

Wishing you a happy, healthy New Year, Douglas!
Thanks so much, 2thdktr! Yes, the color on that Edison is quite unique. Your east-west necklace is very unique, too! Very pretty pairing!
Thank you, SurfnSci! You are the sweetest. I think champagne pearls get overlooked a lot, but I love the color.

Little h earrings with two strands from Kojima- golden SS and a short ombre strand of SS and Tahitians.
IMG_2017.jpeg
IMG_0005.jpeg

2thdktr, I love that pendant. I was so tempted on that one.
JEG: With the polka dots, you look like you are covered in pearls. Love the mix of pearls.

Indigo blue and jeans. Blue baroque akoya rope from PP. Lovely little soap bubbles of color. My handspun, hand knit, silk and mohair sweater has too much going on to layer on more pearls. Dyed blue freshwater drops from Kojima on my own diamond hoops.
IMG_2137.jpeg
IMG_2139.jpeg
IMG_2142.jpeg

Last edited:
Haha- thanks, BWeaves! A bit of polka dot overload. Wearing a different skirt for this pic… Wow, you really did a beautiful job with your sweater. I remember your shawls, but is this your first sweater? The colors are wonderful and just perfect for blue Akoya.

A Tahitian pendant from Kojima, worn with a keshi station chain and earrings I made.
IMG_2037.jpeg
IMG_1374.jpeg

View attachment 467537View attachment 467538
Oh beautiful pearls jeg but oh my, the color in that Edison pendant is gorgeous!

Haha- thanks, BWeaves! A bit of polka dot overload. Wearing a different skirt for this pic… Wow, you really did a beautiful job with your sweater. I remember your shawls, but is this your first sweater? The colors are wonderful and just perfect for blue Akoya.

A Tahitian pendant from Kojima, worn with a keshi station chain and earrings I made.
View attachment 467549View attachment 467550
Love the pendant and earrings!

Today is a stormy, rainy day so it's an Akoya day to brighten things up. I'm wearing my vintage akoya strand and ring along with akoya drops and bracelet from PS and my new Akoya brooch from Annie Case.

1704565195931.jpeg

WOWZA! That's a beautiful necklace Pearlgully.

JEG: Nope, not my first sweater. I've been knitting since I was 5, haha. But it's a bit hard to wear pearls with my handmade sweaters, because they're usually bulky, busy, or have weird collars.

Thanks so much, CatMom! I haven’t pulled that pendant out in a long time. Your new Akoya brooch is so cheery, and it’s in good company with your other Akoya pieces!

Pearlgully, your keshi necklace looks fantastic on you!

Oh, I should’ve known, BWeaves. Seems like your strands of Akoya or Tahitians would work with any type of sweater? Or earrings…

Last edited:
Back