Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you, SurfnSci! Wow, the SOC studs are so beautiful!
Thanks so much, CatMom! Oooo, can’t wait to see what your Annie Case bauble is all about!! Looking forward to seeing your pearl and ruby pairings, too!;)

Tahitian pendant and Tahitian mix necklace with coral and amethyst from Kojima.
IMG_2009.jpeg
IMG_9472.jpeg

Thanks Jeg and CatMom for the love on my green garnets and Aquaprase.

I attended the Boston Museum of Fine Arts' "Fashioned by Sargent" exhibit that explored the artist, John Singer Sargent's, complex relationship with his often affluent clients and their clothes. This Gilded Age gown owned by Sarah Choate Sears, made by the House of Worth-- a famous Paris couture house as explained on the plaque- embodies the true definition of 'pearls in action'. Embellished with hundreds of faux pearls on silk, this gown was displayed near her portrait which you can see to the right of the display case. ( She's not wearing the gown in the portrait) Not only is this 140+ year old gown in pristine condition, the pearl workmanship is truly amazing!

20231217_131854.jpg
20231217_131826.jpg
20231217_131837.jpg
Screenshot_20231218-121842_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231218-121901_Gallery.jpg

2thdktr: Thank you for sharing your photos of that dress. Wowza. Even being faux pearls, that dress had to have been heavy. That's a lot of pearls.

Today I went classic. Freshwater drop pearls from Kojima on my own diamond hoops. Very lightweight and easy to wear. Perfect drops.

White akoya necklaces. Left to right.

My birthday pearls. They are not Mikimoto. Mom bought them when I was born, and had them restrung with a spare Mikimoto clasp. She had her Mikimotos restrung with another Mikimoto strand and a diamond clasp. These pearls still look amazing after 65 years. Very white. 16"

Mom's 9+ mm akoyas. Creamy. 16"

9mm baroque akoyas from PP. Very pink compared to most of my other pearls. Very round. If you didn't know they were baroque, you'd think they were round. Incredibly shiny. They rival my Hanadamas in luster. 17"

Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon pearls. The one reason I haven't bought a strand of those beautiful small pearls is because this strand and my birthday pearl strand both work great for hanging pendants on. 18"

Years ago, I would not have worn these pearls together. They don't match, and they jumble about. But after seeing several Pearl Guide friends (looking at you JEG) wearing non matching short necklaces together, I'm a convert. I love the look.

IMG_2059.jpeg
IMG_2061.jpeg
IMG_2062.jpeg

Last edited:

I attended the Boston Museum of Fine Arts' "Fashioned by Sargent" exhibit that explored the artist, John Singer Sargent's, complex relationship with his often affluent clients and their clothes. This Gilded Age gown owned by Sarah Choate Sears, made by the House of Worth-- a famous Paris couture house as explained on the plaque- embodies the true definition of 'pearls in action'. Embellished with hundreds of faux pearls on silk, this gown was displayed near her portrait which you can see to the right of the display case. ( She's not wearing the gown in the portrait) Not only is this 140+ year old gown in pristine condition, the pearl workmanship is truly amazing!

View attachment 467370View attachment 467373View attachment 467374View attachment 467375View attachment 467376
Wow, what a dress! Thanks for sharing.

2thdktr: Thank you for sharing your photos of that dress. Wowza. Even being faux pearls, that dress had to have been heavy. That's a lot of pearls.

Today I went classic. Freshwater drop pearls from Kojima on my own diamond hoops. Very lightweight and easy to wear. Perfect drops.

My birthday pearls. They are not Mikimoto. Mom bought them when I was born, and had them restrung with a spare Mikimoto clasp. She had her Mikimotos restrung with another Mikimoto strand and a diamond clasp. These pearls still look amazing after 65 years. Very white. 16"

9mm baroque akoyas from PP. Very pink compared to most of my other pearls. Very round. If you didn't know they were baroque, you'd think they were round. Incredibly shiny. They rival my Hanadamas in luster. 17"

Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon pearls. The one reason I haven't bought a strand of those beautiful small pearls is because this strand and my birthday pearl strand both work great for hanging pendants on. 18"

Years ago, I would not have worn these pearls together. They don't match, and they jumble about. But after seeing several Pearl Guide friends (looking at you JEG) wearing non matching short necklaces together, I'm a convert. I love the look.

View attachment 467385View attachment 467384View attachment 467383
They layer perfectly BWeaves!

Thank you, SurfnSci! Wow, the SOC studs are so beautiful!
Thanks so much, CatMom! Oooo, can’t wait to see what your Annie Case bauble is all about!! Looking forward to seeing your pearl and ruby pairings, too!;)

Tahitian pendant and Tahitian mix necklace with coral and amethyst from Kojima.
View attachment 467368View attachment 467369
Thanks jeg! Once again some fabulous Tahitians!

View attachment 467385View attachment 467384View attachment 467383
So elegant and wonderful together!

View attachment 467370View attachment 467373View attachment 467374View attachment 467375View attachment 467376
Wearing this dress would be exhausting! :) Thanks for sharing!

Feeling like I want some large Christmas baubles today. Very large freshwater, metallic pearls. Earring drops made for me by Pearls of Joy, and worn on my Mom's diamond hoops. Necklace by Kojima. It was advertised as being 18" long, but when it arrived, it was 21.5" long. The pearls are incredibly shiny, and have amazing pink and green overtones that do not show up in the photo. They look more like giant, mutant, baroque akoyas, than SS pearls.

IMG_2063.jpeg
IMG_2065.jpeg
IMG_2067.jpeg

Let's see if these photos show the colors better. The pearls glow pink in sunlight.

IMG_2068.jpeg
IMG_2070.jpeg

I was so tempted to buy some SS and diamond earrings in yesterday's PP Luxury Live event, but I already have some great earrings, and I just couldn't justify it. Plus, I always need to sleep on a big purchase before I do it. I love seeing the pieces live and modeled, but it's so hard for me to buy on the spur of the moment.

Last edited:
Thank you, CatMom and 2thdktr! CatMom, I share your affinity for Tahitians!!!

Tahitian studs from Takahashi, the inner strand is from Kamoka, and the outer strand is from Maui Divers. Adding another pic of when the unplanned becomes magical. The dinner out was planned, but the unplanned- a perfect table by the window with a fetching view of the sunset- magic! The horizon to the left was actually a vivid fuchsia, but I was entertained by the view straight away.
View attachment 467328View attachment 467329View attachment 467331
Love all those gemmy colors!

Happy holidays everyone!

I had some downtime today, and i wanted to finally finish some of my “arts & crafts”

I made a pair of dangly earrings for my mom using these baroque mauve fwps, and added posts to this pair of white fwps i had laying around
IMG_6606.jpeg

IMG_6613.jpeg

Ahaha, BWeaves! I repeat, in my world, everything blends. Layer and play away!

Thanks so much, CatMom and StevieBoy! How great, StevieBoy- your mom will really enjoy wearing those fun swingy pearls!

A mixed medley rope length strand from Kojima, with a FW pendant, Akoya keshi chain, and earrings I put together.
IMG_1999.jpeg
IMG_7865.jpeg

Gorgeous pearls, everyone!!!

More baubles today. Kasumi and amethyst earrings and freshwater ripples (the shorter strand) from Kojima. Intensely colored ripples (the longer strand) from Pacific Pearls. The colors just don't show up in the photos. These are so colorful in real life.

IMG_2071.jpeg
IMG_2073.jpeg

Gorgeous pearls, everyone!!!

More baubles today. Kasumi and amethyst earrings and freshwater ripples (the shorter strand) from Kojima. Intensely colored ripples (the longer strand) from Pacific Pearls. The colors just don't show up in the photos. These are so colorful in real life.

View attachment 467416View attachment 467417
Love the colors!

Happy Holidays dear pearl friends!!!
Thank you for the all the lovelies you post, they always brighten my day!
Wishing you all a wonderful end of 2023 and a great 2024 full of peace love and luster ;-)

I have been away on a long trip, now I am back reunited with my pearls ;-)
My pre-Christmas party look, Takahashi akoya and Simply Adorned pendant.
82639FFA-D0BA-471C-A89A-930C76286473.jpeg

I hope everyone that celebrates had wonderful holidays and I wish each of you a safe and healthy New Year. Here is my little bauble from Annie Case. It an 18kt Akoya and gemstone brooch/pendant. Here I am wearing it with my Blue Rose strand but it will go nicely with my new ruby pendant as well, lol.

1703610800419.jpeg

1703610854821.jpeg

I hope everyone that celebrates had wonderful holidays and I wish each of you a safe and healthy New Year. Here is my little bauble from Annie Case. It an 18kt Akoya and gemstone brooch/pendant. Here I am wearing it with my Blue Rose strand but it will go nicely with my new ruby pendant as well, lol.

View attachment 467447

View attachment 467448
Very pretty.

Back