Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

JEG, I love your new treasures.

It's still way too hot and steamy and rainy here, but I did manage to wear some pearls yesterday.

SoC ring from Douglas and PP setting. It's really hard to photograph with one hand. I can't get it in focus.

fullsizeoutput_f95.jpg

Kasumi pearl earrings with amethyst and Kasumi pendant, and two Freshwater keshi necklaces all from Kojima. I haven't combined these three necklaces before. They work better together than I thought they would. I think all the yellow gold accents really pulls them together.

fullsizeoutput_f94.jpg

Wow, jeg-- love all the things you bought in Hawaii!

BWeaves, you pulled it all together very well.

Jeg, awesome pieces. Love the earrings.

Bweaves, interesting but very well chosen pieces to coordinate together.

It's been way too hot and steamy to wear pearls in central Florida right now. I'm sweating sunscreen and I don't want to get it all over my pearls. I do miss wearing my pearls.

It's been way too hot and steamy to wear pearls in central Florida right now. I'm sweating sunscreen and I don't want to get it all over my pearls. I do miss wearing my pearls.
Ooooh! Now I understand! Yes, sunscreen would be a wreck for pearls!

Today I'm wearing my white south sea studs. These one is the perfect size for every day, 9.4mm. I'm not wearing any other pearls since it is very dark and rainy and I'm wearing an brown cashmere hoddy. The studs are the only thing one can see anyway with that sweater (I don't accually use the hoddy part, luring around like some villan), but it's so soft and cosy. Not cold really, about 64 Fahrenheit. These are nice classic studs.
_20190823_171647.jpg
I do have another pair of white south sea studs, very baroque and huge 13-14mm. Not really comfortable. They have the same color even though the bigger ones appears to be more yellow.
_20190823_172238.jpg
_20190823_173456.jpg

9.4 mm is my favorite size for pearl studs. Big enough to show up but just at my earlobe weight limit.

Gorgeous studs, Charlotta. I like my studs around 10mm. I've thought about getting some larger ones (12-14mm) but worry that they won't be comfortable. I would need to wear large pearl backs due to my wonky ear piercings.

I finally found a pair of GSS dangle earrings in the size, shape and color I wanted to go with my necklace from Cees. I got these from a vendor many of us know as Pearl Society, who has recently opened a shop on Etsy called ROLAY.
I really like fat drops. :D

Rolay dangle GSS earrings forum.jpeg

Rolay dangle earrings with my GSS necklace from Cees.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm really happy with them! The leverback finding is a bit lightweight but if it ever breaks I can easily replace that part.

Thanks so much, Charlotta, 86C, CricketBug, AndrewM, BWeaves, and 2thdktr!

BWeaves, I don't blame you. If I was in weather like that, I don’t even know if I could manage post earrings. You put together a great combo, though!

Charlotta, that’s a lovely collection of earrings. They go with everything!

PearlDreams, I love your fat drops, and they look so great with your strand!

And here are the chalcedony drops with peridot leaves, worn with an Edison pendant from PP and a chain I made with Biwa pearls.
2E93958B-FD0D-4453-AF42-71C586330EDB.jpg

0C85FF2C-5943-4CD9-A0B9-7A5ADD7348CB.jpg

Thank you Bweaves, 86Corvettegirl and Jeg. 86Corvettegirl I always exchange my earringbackings to sturdy silikon ones on bigger studs so that they sit nice and secure on my ears.
Gorgeous earrings Pearl Dreams, I have bought many pendant, earrings and loose pearls from Pearlsociety and I have never been disapointed.
That pendant is beautiful Jeg.

Pearl Dreams-- those drops are juicy! Great choice. I'm going to check out that shop.

jeg...the earrings are perfect with the pendant! You look great!

Back