• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lilpearl

Such summery and fun jewelry Jeg! Is the second T ring what they called a coconut ring? It’s beautiful and your bunny looks like a happy camper!

Charlotta

86Corvettegirl, the waterfall strand looks wonderful with that enhancer. I know what you mean, enhancers do work best on very small pearls. I only use my enhancers on small pearlstrands, on the end of clasps or on a chain. It's not comfortable otherwise.
Gemandpearllover, that really lightened up the dark strand. Last night I had an idea about mixing my dark pearls with some white south seas. I might try that.
Jeg, really lovely rings but those earrings are so fun. I love those.

86Corvettegirl

Thanks, Charlotta. It does look good on the waterfalls. I'm starting to get into wire wrapping & I'm thinking about doing a necklace in the future using rose gold just for this pendant.

Charlotta

86Corvettegirl, a wirewrapped necklace in rose gold would be lovely. What pearls/gemstones would you combine with the rosegold wrapping.

86Corvettegirl

Charlotta, I would like some smooth white Edisons in a 10-11mm range & I would use rose gold links between the pearls. I'm also thinking of making one with Akoyas with a really rose pink overtones. I'm just learning to wire wrap so I have to get the hang of it first before I spend the money on rose gold wire & links. LOL Trying to teach this old dog some new tricks.

Gemandpearlover

Jeg you have found beautiful additions to your collection. I love the teal color of pearl on the one Tahitian ring and the earrings are so pretty and feminine.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks so much everyone! There were some other earrings I really liked with the cascading cluster pearls and peridot leaves that I might need to pick up if I’m here for another show. There was an identical pair with aqua stones I probably would’ve gone with first, but I don’t have pink earrings, so that was the decider.

Lilpearl, the ring is made of Koa wood. Koa trees are endemic to the islands.

Looking forward to seeing your projects, 86C!! I enjoy wire wrapping way more than knotting.

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
Today I'm wearing a mabe Tahitian pendant on the tubogas necklace which my grandmother gave my mother for her 18th birthday. I love the bands of color near the top. The back of the pendant is mother of pearl.

mabe Tahitian pendant on my mother's tubogas necklace.jpg

mabe Tahitian pendant in hand.jpeg

MOP back of Tahitian mabe pendant.jpg

86Corvettegirl

How beautiful, PD! Looks stunning.

Jeg, I'm trying to find rose gold links & jump rings that are reasonably priced. Rose gold seems harder to find than silver or yellow gold. I do have a few things on order; just waiting for them to be delivered. I also will need to decide on the pearls & order them as well. It will be a while.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
I know what you mean, 86C. I wanted to use rose gold myself, but it’s harder to find the accessories and gets expensive. I have the chain, but that’s as far as I got.

Lilpearl

Oh wow Pearl Dreams, that’s a beautiful pendant and chain! This pendant has a modern feel to it, and it really goes to show that pearls are timeless!

Red

Thanks so much everyone! There were some other earrings I really liked with the cascading cluster pearls and peridot leaves that I might need to pick up if I’m here for another show. There was an identical pair with aqua stones I probably would’ve gone with first, but I don’t have pink earrings, so that was the decider.

A photo from the internet of aqua blue chalcedony earrings. A mighty pretty stone. I've admired chalcedony jewelry for years. The pearls and peridot make them really cute.

20190820_122110.jpg

CricketBug

jeg, totally giggling at Leonard's! We did that, too. LOL! I particularly love the Koa wood pearl ring. It's so beautiful and the colour/texture of the wood is a great foil for the pearl. Mm-mmm!