Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Jeg you have found beautiful additions to your collection. I love the teal color of pearl on the one Tahitian ring and the earrings are so pretty and feminine.

Thanks so much everyone! There were some other earrings I really liked with the cascading cluster pearls and peridot leaves that I might need to pick up if I’m here for another show. There was an identical pair with aqua stones I probably would’ve gone with first, but I don’t have pink earrings, so that was the decider.

Lilpearl, the ring is made of Koa wood. Koa trees are endemic to the islands.

Looking forward to seeing your projects, 86C!! I enjoy wire wrapping way more than knotting.

Today I'm wearing a mabe Tahitian pendant on the tubogas necklace which my grandmother gave my mother for her 18th birthday. I love the bands of color near the top. The back of the pendant is mother of pearl.

mabe Tahitian pendant on my mother's tubogas necklace.jpg

mabe Tahitian pendant in hand.jpeg

MOP back of Tahitian mabe pendant.jpg

How beautiful, PD! Looks stunning.

Jeg, I'm trying to find rose gold links & jump rings that are reasonably priced. Rose gold seems harder to find than silver or yellow gold. I do have a few things on order; just waiting for them to be delivered. I also will need to decide on the pearls & order them as well. It will be a while.

I know what you mean, 86C. I wanted to use rose gold myself, but it’s harder to find the accessories and gets expensive. I have the chain, but that’s as far as I got.

Oh wow Pearl Dreams, that’s a beautiful pendant and chain! This pendant has a modern feel to it, and it really goes to show that pearls are timeless!

Thanks so much everyone! There were some other earrings I really liked with the cascading cluster pearls and peridot leaves that I might need to pick up if I’m here for another show. There was an identical pair with aqua stones I probably would’ve gone with first, but I don’t have pink earrings, so that was the decider.

A photo from the internet of aqua blue chalcedony earrings. A mighty pretty stone. I've admired chalcedony jewelry for years. The pearls and peridot make them really cute.

20190820_122110.jpg

jeg, totally giggling at Leonard's! We did that, too. LOL! I particularly love the Koa wood pearl ring. It's so beautiful and the colour/texture of the wood is a great foil for the pearl. Mm-mmm!

Thank you 86Corvettegirl and Lilpearl. :)

I loved the koa wood pearl ring also! A few years back Kamoka had coconut wood pearl rings. I'd love to see more of these kids of rings available.

Your T mabe pendant is so lovely, PD. Do you ever wear it with a pearl strand as an enhancer? I suppose it would have to be pretty small pearls to get the pendant's bail over it?

Thanks, Red. I posted these little chalcedony bundles recently. I have several danglies with other gemstones, but nothing in pink. I am just now getting back into wearing dangles. Haven’t worn them in years and I really didn’t like them on myself for the few years I kept my hair short.
EE60AEF6-8E22-4A94-B0CE-CBEE4CAF01A3.jpg

CricketBug- I have to walk to Leonard’s at least twice while I’m here...:rolleyes:

Thanks, CricketBug and PearlDreams. She had Koa cuff bracelets the last time I was here, but I didn’t see any this time.

That’s a pretty pendant Pearl Dreams. It's nice that you can wear it with the chain your grandmother gave your mother, I treasure the goldchain my grandmother got as a 50:th birthday present from my parents. I still remember how she cried with happiness because of it, I was 6 years old and she had to explain to me that she wasn't sad. Then she wore it every day until she died at 80, and my parents gave it to me.
86Corvettegirl, white edison and akoyas with rose overtone sounds lovely with rosegold. Wendy has some vermeil rosegold in her store, pearlescence.co.uk, rings, lobsterclasp and chain. Maybe something more. Maybe she can find you some more findings if you mail her. I know she is going to Hongkong in september, I don't know if she buys findings there but it's worth a try.

Thanks Charlotta-- I told my daughter that this necklace is the one item she simply must keep and pass on to the next generation, even if it isn't her style. I had it for years and years before I began wearing it, myself.

CricketBug, I don't think I have any pearls tiny enough to pass through the bail! But I'm not sure I'd wear it with pearls anyway. Maybe black spinels though.

Thank you Gemandpearllover. I also enjoy wearing this choker with the Kamoka drop that I won in the Passports with Purpose drawing in 2010; it's quite sturdy and a bit springy.

Josh's Passports With Purpose Tahitian on my mother's choker.jpg

Pearl Dreams, absolutely love the necklace and enhancer. The colors are wonderful.

Back