Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks, Marianne and BWeaves!

Kind of a dreary day, so I went with brighter colors. South Sea necklace from Maui, and a wirewrapped Akoya and gemstone necklace from Simply Adorned.
South Sea necklace from Maui, and a wirewrapped Akoya and gemstone necklace from Simply Adorned

South Sea necklace from Maui, and a wirewrapped Akoya and gemstone necklace from Simply Adorned

Thank you so much, jeg, Red, Morella, Aerinha, Charlotta and Purr for the uplifting photos and delightful pearl combinations, outfits and adventure stories, all truly inspiring to keep spirits high during this dreary Oregon weather! No right to complain, compared to what some of you are dealing with. (Someday I'm going to start at the beginning and see what all i've missed here ~ it's lots)

Thanks so much, Red, Gemandpearlover and Pattye! I know what you mean about the weather, Pattye. Really can’t complain too much because it’s not cold here, but the recent rain has made it dreary and gray.

Jeg, the south sea and gem necklace is beautiful. Love the colors. The gem and akoyawrapped necklace is also so pretty and the knitted sweater is gorgeous.

Thank you Katbran, yes Cees do find beautiful pearls. The south seas outshines all my akoyas, even my best strands.

So much catching up to do, I can't wait to see what everyone's posted the past few weeks!

I was inspired by Sanippy to reach out to Pearlz Australia, and I'm SOOOO happy with the earrings Kathleen made for me! Many thanks!! These are the most wearable earrings I've ever had, I even wrestled a baby at the pediatrician today with them on. They dangle but not too much, and the color is so nice. Silver blue with lots of pink, I can't believe I use to "not like akoya pearls" :rolleyes:
20190204_162256 - Edited.jpg
Paired with a lovely Pearlescence tahitian pendant, because kiddo has to have something to play with while waiting right?
20190204_091106 - Edited.jpg

so many lovely posts! Purr, hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you had a great trip! (bring your Mom to Ruckus!) jeg, always love your unique style--you've posted so many gorgeous looks!

The weather keeps swinging from coat weather to shorts weather here in central Florida, so some photos are in the bathroom because it was too cold outside. But today was glorious, and the pearls agree.

Cold day. Wore my Pacific Pearls ripples linked to my Kojima ripples to make a heavy rope. Kasumi earrings from Kojima. Bad lighting. See the last photo for what this rope really looked like.

fullsizeoutput_af3.jpg

Nice day. Wore Nana's necklace and earrings (pearls replaced with Freshadamas in the necklace). Cameo from Stratford-upon-Avon. My first cameo purchase back in 1980.

fullsizeoutput_af5.jpg

Cold day. Everything Bagel worn double, with long mixed tin-cup from Kojima. Short pistachio akoyas from PP and my first Ruckus. Perfect drops from Kojima worn on my diamond huggies.

fullsizeoutput_af6.jpg

Really cold day. SOC ring. Pearl from Douglas, setting from PP.

fullsizeoutput_af7.jpg

La Perlagrina pendant from Kamoka. TNT necklace from Ocean's Cove. Tahitian and opal drop earrings from Kojima. Handwoven shawl. SOC ring.

fullsizeoutput_af9.jpg

Today, perfect weather. Perfect pearl photo weather, too. Pacific Pearls ripples with Kojima ombre' keshi rope worn double. Kojima amethyst and Kasumi drop earrings. Mom's ruby swan.

fullsizeoutput_afa.jpg

Last edited:
Charlotta, that is so rare for SS to outshine Akoya, but yours certainly do!

CB, perfect earrings, so lovely with your coloring & love a little movement! Outstanding color, I prefer baroque and silver blue over white akoya anyday.

Bweaves, precious cameo pin, perfect Valentine theme? Great color combos of clothing and pearls, and always admire your handwovens ~ oh, that ombre shawl!! And those light bulb ripples, whoa!!

I know Pattye, usually nothing outshines my akoyas, except for maybe my rikiteas. I have one akoya strand that usually outshines everything, but it looked duller somehow next to the south sea strand. Maybe they are south sea screamers, haha, then Cees will be very busy. I remembered the reaction those caused and still do whenever BN shows hers.
Bweaves, the luster of those ripples in the last photo are gorgeous. Also I love that cameo. I have some cameos but then I never wears brooches, mostly because I am afraid of damaging the fabrics on my clothes, cashmere in the winter and very thin blouses in the summer (they are delicate).

Today my mismatched tahitian studs from Oceanscove, my akoya keshistrand from Pearlescence and my new victorian silver locket with grapes on it from Vintageatmums on etsy. I have wanted to have a beautiful locket for some time.
_20190206_110333.jpg
Kitten is a terror as usual. Tryingvto tear the beadsheets apart with her teeth. I gave her a toy mouse to destroy instead. Also tried to steel my akoyastrand from the portabel lightbox...its a good thing that she is so cute. Now of to work. Slippery ice on the road. How fun...

Bweaves, . . . Also I love that cameo. I have some cameos but then I never wears brooches, mostly because I am afraid of damaging the fabrics on my clothes, cashmere in the winter and very thin blouses in the summer (they are delicate).

I tend to only wear my brooches on tweed jackets or very thick handknit sweaters.

Back