Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves - are your beautiful white baroque akoyas the 9.5-10 mm from the VIP private launch? I waited too long to purchase:(

My white baroque akoyas are 9mm from earlier this year from PP. They are very pink compared to my natural white Hanadamas, and obviously have a very subtle drop shape, but they read as round and smooth from a distance. Shine and luster and orient are comparible to my Hanadamas. Surface smoothness and roundness, they do not compare. I'm actually tempted to get another strand, but a different length.

CBPearlLover: Your mixed T strand is gorgeous.

My white baroque akoyas are 9mm from earlier this year from PP. They are very pink compared to my natural white Hanadamas, and obviously have a very subtle drop shape, but they read as round and smooth from a distance. Shine and luster and orient are comparible to my Hanadamas. Surface smoothness and roundness, they do not compare. I'm actually tempted to get another strand, but a different length.

CBPearlLover: Your mixed T strand is gorgeous.

yes the baroque akoyas are all pinked I believe. Good to know that shine & luster and orient are comparable, thank you for sharing BWeaves!

BWeaves, that strand of baroques is really glowing!

What a fun strand of mixed Tahitians, CBPearllover. Very festive!

BWeaves, I'm curious how the baroque akoyas compares to the Hanadamas?

Here are some photos. From left to right, 8 mm natural white Hanadamas, 9 mm baroque akoyas, Mom's 9 mm akoyas.

fullsizeoutput_a7e.jpg

From left to right, 8 mm Freshadamas, 8 mm natural white Hanadamas, 9 mm baroque akoyas, Mom's 9 mm akoyas.

fullsizeoutput_a7b.jpg

All pearls from PP except for my Mom's strand. All are very white except for the baroque strand.

I wish the baroques weren't pinked. I don't mind pinking, but they're really pink compared to my other pinked pearls. They make my regular pinked pearls look yellow. On the other hand, the baroques glow like nobody's business.

Last edited:
Interesting comparison! I'm maybe in the minority that I think the heavily pinked pearls are very nice, actually.

In any case, with all those choices, you can't go wrong!

Great comparison photos, BWeaves!

That second photo is interesting. I don't recall seeing a photo of a strand of Freshadamas next to a strand of natural white handamas before. The difference in luster is striking.

Wearing my three Fiji drops and my new Kamoka ring as I enjoy the first day of the year. Here is a comparison of the colors. I love these shades.

20190101_124928.jpg

The Kamoka pearl has a lively green halo that moves about and changes in appearance in different lighting. Trying to capture it here, but it is more interesting in person, trust me.

20190101_125308.jpg

This ring setting is 1/2 size smaller than I usually wear, but the slim wires allow it to still slip on, and then it stays in place. So, a winner in my book.

Andrew: Don't get me wrong. For decades I thought pinked pearls were the only good pearls. I have so many different colors now, and I love them all. But these particular baroques are way pinker than my other pinked pearls. In my photo I'm comparing them only to my very white pearls.

PD: It's funny, but when I wear my Freshadamas with my Hanadamas, everyone thinks the Freshies are real pearls and the Hanadamas are fakes. The Freshies have a soft satin luster, while the Hanadamas are so shiny and mirrorlike that they almost look like glass.

I get funny looks from a few of my co-irkers when they see me in Kasumi or ripples or blues or pistachios or multi-colored Ts. They know I don't wear fakes (usually), but they've never seen anything like some of these pearls.

PS. Red, I love those Fiji pendants and ring.

BW thank you for that awesome comparison! You can really see the differences in luster and colors. That's funny about how your coworkers see the pearls.

Red, the Fijis are so pretty! Great way to welcome in the new year!

I just got back home & back to internet service, Hubby & I went off the grid to recharge for New Years. I come back to some gorgeous new pearl posts. Ladies, you continue amaze & inspire me. I'm loving them all!!

Those colors are so great, Red! Love the Fiji’s and Katbran’s tree description. I want to see that Kamoka in person!

Happy New Year!!! :eek:

Party pearls= ombré strand doubled with a strand of green Tahitians. All from PP.
35EFBE59-FCAA-4323-9A82-6F127D752A69.jpg

DAD6A8AF-98A4-413B-B007-8BBE9FC3F3AC.jpg

Over my break I made my own harvest strand since I always miss them on PP. it is made of an old champagne SSP strand I stopped wearing, new golds, new white smal SSP and 4 edisons on oak BS
8DDE2F5D-DF18-4B9F-8F20-CA5FAB3148D1.jpg

D21D15AA-7A0D-4550-97D1-8B94695A0ED8.jpg

CBpearllover, beautiful tahitians. I never see anyone in sweden wearing anything else than akoyas (except my mother and I gave her those pearls so it doesn't count), next time you meet that Lady from church you have so much to talk about.
Jeg, you always have the most beautiful pearls and outfits.
Bweaves, I love the luster on those baroque akoyas and a great comparison.
Red, those fijis are lovely. The new olive tahitian ring is beautiful, love that color.
aerinha, beautiful harveststrand, how long is it?

CBpearllover, beautiful tahitians. I never see anyone in sweden wearing anything else than akoyas (except my mother and I gave her those pearls so it doesn't count), next time you meet that Lady from church you have so much to talk about.
Jeg, you always have the most beautiful pearls and outfits.
Bweaves, I love the luster on those baroque akoyas and a great comparison.
Red, those fijis are lovely. The new olive tahitian ring is beautiful, love that color.
aerinha, beautiful harveststrand, how long is it?

About 36 inches. I measured it at 34 when laying out but knots added length and I added a couple pearls

Back