Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

MSC, you've made a creative pendant of those tiny natural pearls. Well done!

BW, looking good as alwasy

Red, glad you're feeling better. I like the colors in your scarf combined with your Tahitians.

Thank you so much, Marianne, BWeaves, Cathy, Red and Sunseeker!

Cathy, that is the nicest, sweetest, comment ever!!!:eek: Muuaaahhhh!

Sunseeker, it’s two separate strands. I took some freshwater strands apart that I wasn’t wearing and knotted them into these mixed strands.

Red and BWeaves, I love the use of red/coral into your outfits. Looks so great with Tahitians! Red, I want to see those big T’s in person, too!

MSC, that natural pearl pendant is so lovely! I also love that golden snap to attach them to the necklace ... may I ask where it's from?

Cathy: My shawl is handwoven, but not by me. I support my fellow fiber artists almost as much as I support the pearl vendors.

MSC, that natural pearl pendant is so lovely! I also love that golden snap to attach them to the necklace ... may I ask where it's from?

Thanks, morella! The dog clip and the fob attachment part that I made the pendant with are both antique. There's a ton out there though on ebay, etsy, and similar sites!

Wearing my iceberg pearl today. Two color views. First with my fuchsia coat
3348E743-EF80-4BF0-A32C-D174B20B53C6.jpg

And with my turquoise top
1B7E5A20-0C75-443E-BBED-B4E011DC180E.jpg

Red, love the rings and the difference in colors and your rope with the rondelles. Glad you are better.
Jeg- gorgeous combos as always!

BWeaves, love how you pair that Little h pendant with your akoyas and the shawl is very beautiful.

MSC- beautiful pearls, and lastly, aerinha- your iceberg melts my heart :)

I have a question for all of you superb picture takers:

I can get a halfway decent selfie of a princess length strand. But, could you please help me with how you get a decent pic of a rope. My arms aren't long enough and on my android, the picture window is too small to get everything in. If I try to take a picture in a mirror, the phone is in the way of the picture. At my age, I need glasses to see what the heck I'm taking a picture of.. Help! Any tips, suggestions? How do you all do it? Thank you so much in advance.

I have a question for all of you superb picture takers:

I can get a halfway decent selfie of a princess length strand. But, could you please help me with how you get a decent pic of a rope. My arms aren't long enough and on my android, the picture window is too small to get everything in. If I try to take a picture in a mirror, the phone is in the way of the picture. At my age, I need glasses to see what the heck I'm taking a picture of.. Help! Any tips, suggestions? How do you all do it? Thank you so much in advance.

Stand in front of a mirror and take a pic of your reflection

2thdktr, I do several different things. I can get my whole torso in by holding my phone up high and vertically upside down. I took this photo by doing this, but you have to have kind of nimble fingers to hold onto the phone and use your thumb to press the button.
F9F4920C-29BA-4548-9605-583496173C9D.jpeg

A few people have been commenting on the clothes, so lately I have been trying to get a little more of the clothes involved. I have every possible travel gadget, and one I picked up on a trip several years ago was a selfie stick. This was taken with a selfie stick. (Pearls are my Rio Hong Kong strand doubled and my PP golden champagne SS strand)
6947E609-CC7A-4DA5-830E-D08910D10FC7.jpg

I use a tiny tripod more when I travel because I like the angles better, but I did use it to take the photos for the Ruckus fashion.
7BB1D621-172D-4F22-A9A4-A044329AE3DD.jpeg

I cannot get great photos of the pearls unless I photograph them on their own, laying down, and snapping the photo looking down on them.

Here’s the mirror option. Either hold the phone up high or off to the side.

A8286B2B-F26A-42D7-AB81-CDB89CCCFAB1.jpg

9732D730-9928-4C2B-9F76-92CFBED727C5.jpg

Love that look Red. I really like that unusual ring setting for the pistachio pearl. How does it feel to wear?

Thank you, BWeaves. I really like this ring. The design from T Lee in Minneapolis is what she calls an "elevation ring", or one where the metal band does not circle the finger directly, but is elevated somehow. Another example of an elevation ring is my Burmese White South Sea pearl from PP that I also had set by T Lee. I find them perfectly comfortable, although some may dislike the feel of the bumps on the band. The pearl touching your finger is no problem at all.

My Glamour shots from T Lee of my two pearl elevation rings.

Capture_01464_1.jpg

Capture_02096_1.jpg

And, wearing the Burmese SS ring. That pearl is completely stunning, and the tiny blue sapphires are so pretty to look at.

BurmeseSS_TLee.jpg

Good day to all. I am from philippines. I would like to know if we have a fresh ocean pearl buyer here. I have lots of it in my place.

Back