Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

My husband and I spent the afternoon at the Guilford Craft Expo, as we do most years. This is a juried craft fair.

I saw more high quality pearls this year than in previous years. Many were set with gorgeous gemstones. I spent most of the afternoon drooling. :rolleyes:

I took the cards of a few and encouraged them to join Pearl-Guide. Among them:

Steven Kolodny (with a colorful flameball necklace to die for!), www.stevenkolodnydesigns.com

Vicki Thaler Fine Jewelry, www.vickithalerdesigns.com

Britt Anderson Designs (no website on the card but he's on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/BrittAndersonJewelry/) -- GSS pearls or Tahitians with lovely overtones, set in strikingly beautiful pendants studded with diamonds.

There are some beautiful pieces! Guilford is not that far from me-- I'm glad to know there is a Craft Expo there. I'll have to look for it next year.

2thdktr, it continues tomorrow and Sunday also. It's every year in the middle of July.
$5 parking in lot of St. George church on Whitfield St., across from the green; all proceeds from parking goes to CT Food Bank.

$1 off admission tickets to print here:
http://guilfordartcenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/GACExpo18-Coupon.pdf

From email:

Craft Expo on the Guilford Green this Weekend!​
July 13-15, 2018​
Friday, 12-8:30pm, Saturday 10am-7pm, Sunday 12-5pm​

Admission:​
$9 General Admission, $7 Seniors, $15 Multi-Day Tickets​
Free for GAC Members, Active Military & Kids 12 and under​

But for you the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival is much closer. That is always held the 2nd weekend in August in the old section of Mystic (where the drawbridge is.) There is one street in particular (Cottrell Street) where crafters have booths; most of the rest is paintings and photography.
It is heavily attended and finding a parking spot is a nightmare. :eek: Wear comfortable shoes and prepare to hoof it! But it's fun, and we've bought a few paintings over the years.

Unfortunately the Mystic show is the same weekend as the East Coast Gem Mineral and Fossil Show in Springfield, MA, which we attend nearly each year. One year we attended both shows the same weekend, but it was a bit much. :rolleyes: Now it's one or the other.
https://www.easternstatesexposition.com/events/2018/east-coast-gem-mineral-and-fossil-show(2)

Holy Cow , I only missed a few days and there is so much to look at ! I'll forget someone if I try to comment on everything .. But PD your Tahitians look wonderful and I love the notion of the navy thread. I'll have to get some. I have a strand that I think it would be perfect for.. and thanks for the links !

2thdktr- love the white pearls !! You have some really lovely pieces and it's hard to go wrong with the Bubbles!

Bonsava - Those bracelets look wonderful ! Love stacks!

Charlotta - great work on the wire wrapping !! Very dainty and feminine looking piece !

BWeaves - Your weaving looks just stunning ... the pearls.. of course look amazing .

Bought a pair of gorgeus tahitian keshi earrings from Druzydesign. Very hard to photograph. Must have deleted 100 photos
_20180714_171755.jpg
Have worn these for 3 days so clearly favorits.

2thdktr, it continues tomorrow and Sunday also. It's every year in the middle of July.
$5 parking in lot of St. George church on Whitfield St., across from the green; all proceeds from parking goes to CT Food Bank.

$1 off admission tickets to print here:
http://guilfordartcenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/GACExpo18-Coupon.pdf

From email:

Craft Expo on the Guilford Green this Weekend!​
July 13-15, 2018​
Friday, 12-8:30pm, Saturday 10am-7pm, Sunday 12-5pm​

Admission:​
$9 General Admission, $7 Seniors, $15 Multi-Day Tickets​
Free for GAC Members, Active Military & Kids 12 and under​

But for you the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival is much closer. That is always held the 2nd weekend in August in the old section of Mystic (where the drawbridge is.) There is one street in particular (Cottrell Street) where crafters have booths; most of the rest is paintings and photography.
It is heavily attended and finding a parking spot is a nightmare. :eek: Wear comfortable shoes and prepare to hoof it! But it's fun, and we've bought a few paintings over the years.

Unfortunately the Mystic show is the same weekend as the East Coast Gem Mineral and Fossil Show in Springfield, MA, which we attend nearly each year. One year we attended both shows the same weekend, but it was a bit much. :rolleyes: Now it's one or the other.
https://www.easternstatesexposition.com/events/2018/east-coast-gem-mineral-and-fossil-show(2)

Thanks, Pearl Dreams. I would love to go to one or the other in August, but unfortunately, that coincides with my dad's Celebration of Life on August 11. However, I will put it in my calendar for next year. You are a wealth of information-- thank you, I appreciate it.

Finished stringing my keshistrand I bought from Druzydesign when I bought the earrings. DSC_1027.jpg
The clasps on this one is 2 dolphines lobsterclasps in silver so I can hook anything to the strand if I want to. Its about 19 inch. Also got a better picture on the earrings and I also bought a pendant. The pendant is more shiny in real life. The bottom half is more green and the top kind of purple
_20180714_213030.jpg

Playing catch up. Lovely pearls PD, BWeaves, 2thdktr, Bonsava and Charlotta!

Happy to return to normal weather after being in that Vegas heat. The traveling pearl got a workout.

Wearing a Kojima strand that I nicknamed the baby bagel since it has similarities to BWeaves everything bagel.
B7D578DD-5F6F-4E84-969F-551E9EAA31D9.jpg

Thanks for the compliments everyone! First time I’ve mixed colors, sizes, and shapes like that, so it was fun and I’m glad you all thought it came together well.

Lovely earrings and keshi, Charlotta, and oh, my, jeg. That is stunning and goes so well with your neutrals-and-lace! So many colors; it reminds me a bit of art glass. Sarah has a wonderful eye for that, I’ve discovered; there’s a Kojima necklace right now which is no small part of why I’m just holding my breath that the stars will align (aka, back pay will be issued) on my next payday and that this will be in time to snatch it up....

Bonsava: Good job on the stringing. Now we need neck and ear shots, please.

JEG: I love the Baby Bagel!

For anyone new to PG, I named my Everything Bagel rope because it was a continuous loop with everything on it, all types of pearls.

Hmm, think you might have meant that comment for Charlotta rather than me, BWeaves - haven’t taken the stringing plunge yet, though it is looking more and more like a matter of time. I was lying awake last night looking at loose pearls and figuring out the financial feasibility of creating a few exact necklaces I picture in my head....

On the subject of *exact* pieces, here are the earrings I wore today. I searched long and far for a pair which looked Exactly So: round white-to-cream pearls, round diamond, ‘short’ sort of lever back. I ended up with two other pairs I like a lot and wear often, but which still didn’t quite satisfy, and once engaged in and lost a fierce bidding war on EBay for an antique pair which were Just So before I found these: 8mm Akoyas on 14k leverbacks. There was a sale. I pounced. And now, since early this year, I’ve had my ideal pearl earrings.

23F6F3AE-CFF9-4588-BFA4-722975979A6A.jpeg, 22DC7E94-96ED-4172-9838-6A88CF14A6AF.jpg

Thanks so much, Bcm, 2thdktr, BWeaves and Bonsava!

Bonsava, I’m glad you found exactly what you were looking for. They are very pretty!

Keeping it light today with a Tahitian drop pendant, and a necklace of SS golds and whites, blue baroque Akoya and Akoya keshi. All from Kojima.
303B3E2B-1B73-4A35-962C-BFDDD913E7DE.jpg

19B48DFC-7A94-49DE-9AD7-131988B64A9A.jpg

Bonsava - isn't it wonderful to get exactly what you've been imagining! They look beautiful and very comfortable to wear.

Jeg - the "baby bagel" is magnificent! It works wonderfully with that tahitian drop.

Lary, it is! And yes, those are very comfortable to wear. There's substantial enough you know they're there, but not so heavy that they pull on the ear or make it 'tired'.

Jeg, love the way those golds are scattered through that necklace, and the delicate hues of the Tahitian drop!

Hey everyone! Way too much beauty to catch up and comment on, so I'll just say that you all continue to have exquisite taste :)

jeg, I just adore that last strand you shared! You could wear it with anything, I think, and the luster is just to die for <3

Bonsava, I love the earrings!

Jeg, Baby Bagel is superb!! Your SS golden, white, & blue Akoya is fantastic. I've been looking for a similar rope but haven't found one yet. I may have to have one made.

I am so loving all these wonderful pearls everyone is sharing

This necklace is one of my favorites for summer. Pearl Paradise created this 42" tin cup from a circled baroque WSS strand I bought from them last year. I love all the fun shapes on these pearls.

7-13-18.jpg

Back