Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks Pareltje and BWeaves! Yes, the rain collection! I definitely need to make at least a couple more strands to wrap up higher on the neck!

I just love layered small necklaces. You really have a great example of how to properly wear them. I'd love to see some gemstones incorporated into your layered look...maybe a strand of 2mm beads with a pearl pendant, or even some larger beads with different shapes.

Jersey Pearl, I am not too much of a colored gemstone person, so I unfortunately can’t think of anything I have off the top of my head that would suit the look you have in mind.

SS pearl and apatite necklace from Maui- too big...
SS pearl and apatite necklace from Maui

Fiji keshi pendant- not bad...
Fiji keshi pendant and apatite necklace

Back to plain layers, but doubled one around my neck- working on the two dozen layers...
a mix of layered pieces

JEG, It all Looks good to me.

It's been cold here in Florida these last few days, so I could layer on the pearls and tweed.

10 mm pale Blue baroque akoyas linked with multicolored near round Tahitians from PP, to make a rope. 9 mm B&W Tahitian studs from Kamoka. Mom's heart shaped cameo.

10 mm Blue baroque akoyas linked with multicolored Tahitians from Pearl Paradise with  9 mm B&W Tahitian studs from Kamoka and Mom's heart shaped cameo

Princess mode. Double strand of 8 mm Freshadamas with Nana's clasp in back this time. Drops from Kojima on my diamond huggies.

Double strand of 8 mm Freshadamas with Nana's clasp in back this time.   Drops from Kojima on my diamond huggies

And today, my 8 mm natural white Hanada rope from PP, with my Mom's 9 mm akoya choker, and the PP 9 mm white baroque akoyas in the middle. Mikimoto white gold huggies (6.5 mm). This look satisfies my desire for a 100 inch rope. I actually like it better than a long rope because everything stays in place.

my 8 mm  natural white Hanada rope from PP, with my Mom's 9 mm akoya choker, and the PP 9 mm white baroque akoyas in the middle.   Mikimoto white gold huggies (6.5 mm)

This look satisfies my desire for a 100 inch rope

Last edited:
If my neck didn't have a weight limit, I would have piled on a few more strands. Go for it.

BWeaves, that's a lovely look :)

Jeg, you're on the right track with that Keshi pendant ... such a dreamy piece!

If my neck didn't have a weight limit, I would have piled on a few more strands. Go for it.

BWeaves, don't underestimate your limits! Looking at how many pearls indian Princes and Princess weared, you have still to work;). Well, a few georgous necklaces like yours is so better than more but not appropriate. Now, a small question, maybe stupid: is a "strand" a measure unit, about lenght or number of pearls? I don't buy any necklace, only interested by pearls loose, but even them are often sold by strands, thus my question.

Thank you, Cathy! It’s a small, but special piece to me.

Thanks, Jersey Pearl. I am afraid your suggestions are lost on me. No gemstones or white blouses. I am more of a boho, lagenlook type. No tailored, classic looks for me.

Eric, when you purchase a temporary strand, you can find out how many pearls, range of size, and weight per strand. They are typically strung to make into an approximately 18” necklace, so the overall look of the strand might be more important than number of pearls, weight, etc.

Thanks Sunseeker! I think if I pile anymore on I would be a tangled mess! (But it doesn’t hurt to try...)

Thank you a lot, JerseyPearl. So that means that purchaser don't know how many pearls, weight or number, he buys in case of pearls loose's strands. Strange...

No, not necessarily. For instance, if a retail vendor is selling a specific strand they will usually indicate the number of pearls, the length and the sizes (in a range of smallest to largest). If a vendor is selling a larger number of strands, they will indicate an approximate length and size...so not strange at all!

Thank you Jeg, 18" is a unit I didn't know, even approximative.
JerseyPearl, I talk about ordinary pearls strands I see online, not in retailers' shops, and informations about the number of pearls are really scare.
Of course, I don't talk of best qualities of pearls. I think that a wholesaler of a GSSP strand would give the number of pearls!::)

Last edited:
When buying a pearl strand, it's usually approximately 18". The seller will usually state if it's longer or shorter. That's why ropes are often 36" because that's two 18" strands.

When I talk about a strand, I'm usually referring to a bunch of pearls knotted on one piece of thread, and the length of the necklace doesn't matter. So in my previous photos I'm wearing 2 strands hooked together to make one rope. Followed by an actual two strand necklace where both strands are attached to the same clasp. And the last photo shows 3 separate necklaces, so 3 strands. I use the word strand very loosely.

jeg those layers are just gorgeous! I love how they turned out.

BW, as always, love your pearls with tweed.

Back