Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves your blues look SO gorgeously blue! Wow!

Eric, that's pretty!

Sea Urchin, LOVE that setting! Is it from the Friday live stream? Was it Friday they talked to the bench jeweler? I can't remember... I was in the middle of putting my youngest to bed so I only peeked in for a minute. The lines of that setting are lovely. What kind of colors are you looking for?

Eric,
This was the first pair of pearl earrings I made for myself, some years ago. They're a little different from yours in that they are dangles attached to a leverback finding, and I used a long head pin with a drilled-through pearl. I like the spiral wire look, and being dangles they swing back and forth playfully.

Spiral wire FWP dangle earrings.jpg

Ericw, I like that dangle earring you've created; playful and graceful. What holds it on the ear? Is it a simple wire through, or is there a catch on the back? Pearl Dreams, yours have such a nice swing to them!

BWeaves your blues look SO gorgeously blue! Wow!

Sea Urchin, LOVE that setting! Is it from the Friday live stream? Was it Friday they talked to the bench jeweler? I can't remember... I was in the middle of putting my youngest to bed so I only peeked in for a minute. The lines of that setting are lovely. What kind of colors are you looking for?

Thanks, Battah. I just found it under "rings" on the PP site. It's on sale, and there's also one where the setting is engraved. I am getting a Tahitian pearl. :)

PP Live Facebook chat with John Dwight, behind the scenes on the jewelers bench ... that ring is from his brand new collection. Chat was October 16, and is archived on PP Facebook page so one can go back and watch ... SO interesting :)

ericw, I didn't know you were on Etsy! Congratulations on your first sale. I'm hoping it was a fellow PGer who can post a photo.

Your work is lovely.

Thank's a lot, JerseyPearl, I appreciate your work, too.
No, PGer are not yet interested. I think it's always the case for new models, this shyness to buy. Also to look at such carved pearls as truly unique pieces of art, not serial production, and none to judge them as usually to do for not worked pearls.

Last edited:
PP Live Facebook chat with John Dwight, behind the scenes on the jewelers bench ... that ring is from his brand new collection. Chat was October 16, and is archived on PP Facebook page so one can go back and watch ... SO interesting :)

Oh I remember when Hisano had put the ring on to show how it looks like worn, I knew that I love it. Especially with the handcut design.

Thanks, Battah. I just found it under "rings" on the PP site. It's on sale, and there's also one where the setting is engraved. I am getting a Tahitian pearl. :)

I really dig it! It's such a pretty twist on a pearl solitaire. Can't wait to see the T you pick!

Cathy, I need to go back and watch it. Those live feeds are so interesting! But they often coincide with my commute home (on metro, with spotty internet service) or bedtime routine with the kids, so I miss them live.

It looked like there was a Tahitian pendant in white gold in that pattern on the FB feed with what looked like maybe black diamonds (or an oxidized edge to the metal maybe?). I didn't see it on the PP site, but I loved it.

I tend to wear a pair of earrings or pendant combo for a couple of weeks at a time. This is my latest go-to pair. The pearls are natural white Hanadamas from Pearl Paradise, just over 7mm, and are on earrings from Steven Battelle. I took about ten ear-shots, but they all failed, so you get a towel shot!

natural white Hanadamas from Pearl Paradise just over 7mm, and are on earrings from Steven Battelle

Asurazzy, I love that combination. Wonderful mix of pearls in your tin cup necklaces. Did you make it?

Gem Geek. I take ear shots which are pretty much my whole head, and then edit the crap out of them on my lap top before they get posted here. If I couldn't crop them, you'd see some really weird photos of me.

Asurazzy: Amazing. Love them.

Love that look, Asurazzy :)

Ooh, GemGeek, what LOVELY earrings ... I look forward to seeing you wear them; they really suit you, and would look so nice with your dark hair!

Back