Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Newberry those colors are beautiful. And I love the idea of an enhancer on a tin cup.

Lmgarden do you have any pics of the clasp on your long strand? I love how you're wearing it.

Battah, I switched out all my blue akoya strands to wg orbit clasps. It gave me so many different choices. In the photo I'm wearing a 2 strand rope. At each end of the rope, the side of the orbit clasp that opens makes it easy to attach the drop, for the other side that doesn't open I used a tiny yg enhancer clip to attach. I found the enhancer at Rio!

blue akoya strands with wg orbit clasps
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ooh, I love all the pearly layering! I'm wearing a couple brand new creations today - a sterling squidlet set with a Tahitian drop, and a baroque akoya and faceted labradorite wire-wrapped necklace with a detachable titanium druzy pendant and a detachable mermaid-octo clasp, 8mm metallic FW drop in the octo's head.

sterling squidlet set with a Tahitian drop, and a baroque akoya and faceted labradorite wire-wrapped necklace with a detachable titanium druzy pendant and a detachable mermaid-octo clasp, 8mm metallic FW drop in the octo's head

Thank you everyone ;) that tin cup is very special to me. I stick enhancer bales on many of my pendents because I love the versatility I get with them. I can fill up a neckline with the addition of an enhancer pearl rather than multiple strands. I can use a strand of pearls rather than a chain for a pendent. It's feels good to have options.

Lmgarden please bring all of these to the ruckus. I would love to see them in person.

I have been so inspired by the innovation and creativity of my PG friends (Purrhana, Battah, and countless others!), not to mention by my dear friend CliClasp's upcoming book on the history of clasps, including material on convertible/interchangeable jewelry, that I wanted to make this clasp as versatile as possible (not to mention functional, this being my first clasp...). I'm really happy with the results - it can be worn as shown in my prior picture, or octo hooked through mermaid's tail, or each component worn separately as pendants or earring dangles, or together as one pendant...the octo can even have another drop or pendant hanging from his hooked arm.

Octo with mermaid Sheri Jurnecka Creation
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Way to go, Sheri !!! Do you ever sleep with all the ideas swirling around in your head :)

I truly love following this thread - love looking at everybody's creativity!

I'm wearing 2 Vietnamese blue akoyas strands worn as a rope with my new akoya keshi, gss & Vietnamese akoya strand (pearl cup). Also a 14mm gss 16" solitaire and a white & blue akoya tin cup. First I combined them all together then eventually removed the layers! The gss drops at the end of the rope are from Kojima.

this is eye-candy!

lmgarden I love love love how you linked together your strands with the orbits! That's brilliant! The clasps add such a cool look, and I love how you added the enhancers. Did I say "love" enough times? I'm all about jewelry versatility and that setup is genius. I think for my next project, I need to figure out how to attach that clasp style to the end of a kumihimo braid, because it's such a perfect clasp.

Sheri, you're a genius!! I love that clasp setup! Being able to attach little octo from both ends opens up so many options, I love how you integrated octo and mermaid into the chain rather than just wearing them as pendants - that is so very cool. Looks like there are more octos in my future, I might need some holding hands and dancing along a chain...

Newberry, your metallic freshwater tin cup is just gorgeous! May I ask you who is Blaire?

Love the octos and mermaids. I still giggle that she has buns above her tail.

I love all the linked orbit clasps, too. Eventually all my ropes will have their clasps replaced with orbits, I think.

OOOOOO, look what I just got in the mail from Komoka. I really didn't want to buy anything right before Ruckus, but Celeste said these wouldn't last that long. I have a little bit of buyer's remorse, but they are so pretty. I'm keeping them.

Carved black-lipped pearl oyster shell
Carved pincatada margaritifera shell
Tahitian pearl oyster shell with carved design
Carved black lip from Tahiti

Newberry, your metallic freshwater tin cup is just gorgeous! May I ask you who is Blaire?
Our GemGeek here. She finds the most wonderful jewels for private commissions. Or at least in the past. I have three exquisite pearl pieces from her. I might just have been in the right place at the right time ;)

Those are gorgeous! I saw them in the email but they look so much nicer IRL. I hope you have somewhere you can prominently display them!

Back