Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Baby Nurse, I LOVE your golden ripples. Love the tiny gold beads between each Pearl! Another golden ray of sunshine!

Baby Nurse, your last photo catches the iridescence beautifully.

I restrung my near round Tahitians, replacing a silver pearl with a dark peacock pearl. The difference is subtle but I like it.

Twice already I've had to restring it because the Pattye's Serafil thread was slipping out of the knot on the ball end of the clasp. The ball clasp is so much like the end pearl in size and shape that I tend to grab the wrong thing when unclasping it. This eventually stretched out the thread, but only on that side! The dab of glue I used on the knot this time should solve it.

Tahitians restrung with one of the original dark pearls

Last edited:
The Tahitian Pearl Necklace

The Tahitian Pearl Necklace

Dear Pearl Dream,

You prefer making DIY pearl jewelry to buying other's finished ones. In its perspective, those ladies who have black or brown skin should wear peacock pearl necklaces, those with white and yellow skin should wear white, cream pearl necklaces.

Matched colors and harmonious art senses can bring elegance and beauty to people's eyes.

Baby Nurse, your last photo catches the iridescence beautifully.

I restrung my near round Tahitians, replacing a silver pearl with a dark peacock pearl. The difference is subtle but I like it.

Twice already I've had to restring it because the Beaders Secret was slipping out of the knot on the ball end of the clasp. The ball clasp is so much like the end pearl in size and shape that I tend to grab the wrong thing when unclasping it. This eventually stretched out the thread, but only on that side! The dab of glue I used on the knot this time should solve it.

Kay- lovely look ! Thanks for the earring photo ..I've got some unset blossom findings and have been looking for the perfect size ..I think that photo has given me an answer !

BN - ripples are such happy pearls ! I love the way they catch the light and flash their colours !

PD - lovely pearls ! They look very pretty with the grey !

Kay - lovely WSS, I'm also a fan of the blossom setting

Baby nurse - gorgeous ripples! That iridescence!

PD - Wow those Tahitians are gorgeous! They really pop against your skin.

Thank you Katbran and hanadama!

Bigwellpearls, I do indeed enjoy making my own strands but I also purchase ready-made strands. This particular strand originated at Pearl Paradise and was sold to another pearl lover who later sold it to me, and I made modifications to it. :)
I do have white pearl strands but I seem to most frequently reach for my colored pearls: Tahitians, GSS and freshwaters with natural colors.

Kay, that is one stunning set of WSSs!

BN, beautiful golden ripples, perfect with that top/dress.

PD, gorgeous Tahitians, they look very summery, too, very pretty colours.

I wore my Tahitian tin cup the other day, and during the last few days it has been really hot and I have been in shorts and t-shirts, and my Fiji mabe blister pearl pendant. The colours don't show great in the photo, they are more intense in real life.

Tahitian tin cup

Fiji mabe blister pearl pendant

Pearl Dreams, those Tahitians are stunning!!

Tucs, your tin cup looks so lovely on you, and blister Pearl is amazing - you must get many compliments!

I was making a few things and had these components laying around, so I thought it would be fun to put them together. a little 11mm pink ripple and an ammonite pendant. Its alittle sloppy so I will probably redo it in the future (picture makes th pearl look a bit brassy to IRL its a light pink)
11mm pink ripple and an ammonite pendant

Ckrickett, I love the piece you made. I'm a big fan of ammonite.

Wearing my Tahitian rope.

Tahitian pearl rope

WOW, BabyNurse, that ombre Tahitian rope looks delightful on that coral sweater!

Thank you, Cathy! The rope has a lot of nice colors in it and I think they come out best against coral.

Lovely necklace, Baby Nurse!

Mine today is a downscale find at the local consignment shop-- 33" long, all FWP. Long enough to double. Pretty box clasp. They even used gimp. Not bad for $5? :rolleyes:

box clasp on FWP consignment strand.jpg
33-inch freshwater strand

Back