Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Oooooh ckrickett !!!! That's gorgeous !!! Great minds are thinking alike this weekend !!! lol My necklace is 53 inches .. I know..I got carried away.. its not even knotted yet. So I'll keep fiddling with it and lose a few... and I think I need a few more odd ones.. and a few less circled pearls... where did you buy your pearls? Mine came from a woman in Sydney and a lot of them are from Jac ... quite a few from a HK seller...really bits and pieces.

As for the drawing ... we need to credit Toulouse Lautrec with that one! It's the cover of a big coffee table book filled with loose sheets of his drawings. I bought it about 30 years ago and have dragged it around the world with me. lol But it was the only sunny window!

I got a few of these from Jac (especially the big wonky ones, I love those) a few from other online/etsy sellers and a few from an older rope of mine I deconstructed. Its only 28 inches now so I may try and push it to 40-48. I have about 18 inches worth of light tahitians I am using for my "moon pearls" projects but I could use them for this and then get more light tahitians in the future.

what HK seller?

54 inches, thats a dream length!!!!! :)

Right, now I have even more Tahitian green envy. Thanks a lot.

P.S. Post more photos.

I really like what you've done with these strands ckrickett...your second strand pearls look really fantastic. I see you have a dark clasp on this, which looks great with these pearls. And I can't wait to see what your tassel looks like! What will you be using? Silk? Chain? Stones? The possibilities are endless....can't wait to see what the finished project looks like!!!

I ordered a simple oxidized silver and diamond cap, and a small bead of the same materials. So I am going to construct it with gemstones. I am not sure which gemstones to use though. I am torn between black spinel, really dark amethyst or sapphire. I have a pretty tahitian set aside to probably incorporate with the tassel as well. All my supplies are still in transit so it will be a few weeks before I can put that together.

Those all sound like lovely options! I'd also love to see a close up of the oxidized clasp...there are a few on gem packed's site that I've been eyeing. On the tassel strand, have you thought about using two different stones? In other words, you could use black spinel along with amethysts for a nice accent. I would use a more green/yellow stone with the sapphire. You can also graduate the stones, smaller toward the top of the tassel, larger at the bottom of the strands. I also saw a really neat tassel that was asymmetrical...the gemstone"fringe" tapered from longer on one side to shorter on the other, which made a really cool cascade look.

Oh OOOH! I love that Idea Jersey Pearl!!!! (the graduation and the mix of colors!)

I have a few of the stones loose here so once I get the rest of the supplies I will lay it out and see what looks best!

Douglas has standards. If pearls do not meet those standards, they go back into the ocean.

I think the standards are wise. He has a brand to protect.

Even if the pearls were never resold they would be described as Sea of Cortez pearls to anyone who asked, and this would damage the brand over time.

All joking aside, I highly respect Douglas for striving for such artistic perfection for his lovely Sea of Cortez pearl brand.

Back