Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Everyone looks great! I love all the different looks, and I love the copy cats, because it is the pearliest of compliments.

Thanks for the pics, JP. Love how you have broken up that peacock rope with the grey keshi. Wonderful. And the pendant is so personal and unique.

It's getting chilly in Florida.

Yesterday, 70 F, Everything Bagel Rope, Mixed Tin-Cup, Tahitian Keshi Tin-Cup and blue drops, all from Kojima. Handwoven shawl.

fullsizeoutput_999.jpg

Today, it's even colder. 60 F Tomorrow it gets down to the 30s F. Tahitian necklace and earrings from Kojima. The necklace is dark peacock T's, but they mirror whatever I'm wearing, so they look really green today. Mom's ruby swan. SoC ring not shown.

fullsizeoutput_99a.jpg

Thanks for the pics, JP. Love how you have broken up that peacock rope with the grey keshi. Wonderful. And the pendant is so personal and unique.

Thanks Red. The rope was my first attempt at a harvest strand. It has all sorts of Tahitians on it from rounds to keshi and everything in-between! Heavenly Vices (aka Samantha Jackson, she's on Instagram as @heavenlyvices) has been getting quite a bit of attention for her love tokens. She recently posted about a NYC series she has with the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge. I can't help but wonder about the original "Sarah" for whom the love token was made...but I suppose that's part of the lure of owning antiques. When she posted this one, I just had to have it. My father (deceased) was an avid coin collector so this one just had to be mine.

It's getting chilly in Florida.

Yesterday, 70 F, Everything Bagel Rope, Mixed Tin-Cup, Tahitian Keshi Tin-Cup and blue drops, all from Kojima. Handwoven shawl.

View attachment 63504

Today, it's even colder. 60 F Tomorrow it gets down to the 30s F. Tahitian necklace and earrings from Kojima. The necklace is dark peacock T's, but they mirror whatever I'm wearing, so they look really green today. Mom's ruby swan. SoC ring not shown.

View attachment 63505

BWeaves, many apologies up front for my dorky humor...but I'd say you look nice and toasty warm! So that must be an everything toasted with a schmear.

JP - wonderful combination ! That rope is so pretty - the lustre on those pearls ! Lovely link necklace as well ! And that coin...well that's just fate isn't it... it is meant for you !

BWeaves - Gotta love that Everything Bagel... my favourite Bagel and my favourite necklace !! Lovely layers !! Glad it's cool enough to break out the multiple strands !

What a wonderful look JerseyPearl, the octostrand is so beautiful. And you look warm and toasty. Today when I woke up it was -10 C (don't know in F, but well below freezing). I only hope that my car will start.
Beautiful looks Bweaves, I especially like the fabric on your blazer(?), the plaid one. Wonderful colors. Of course your pearls are excuisite as always.

JP, I like you layered look and love that long Tahitian strand. Beautiful!

BW, great combinations!

BWeaves, many apologies up front for my dorky humor...but I'd say you look nice and toasty warm! So that must be an everything toasted with a schmear.

Hahaaha! Love it, JP! Today it was 40F and that was the high. I'm wearing layers of wool along with my natural white hanadama rope and studs from PP, my very first akoya rope, and my littleH emerald and souffle' enhancer and tincup.

wearing layers of wool along with my natural white hanadama rope and studs from PP, my very first akoya rope, and my littleH emerald and souffle' enhancer and tincup

I've never worn these three necklaces together before, and I like it. It was too cold to take a photo outside because I didn't want to take my coat off, so this is in my office building toilet stall. Classy!

wearing layers of wool along with my natural white hanadama rope and studs from PParadise, my very first akoya rope, and my littleH emerald and souffle' enhancer and tincup

BWeaves, I love love love the colour combination you're wearing there and how you've matched the necklaces.

I am very happy that I finally got my preordered Heather Benjamin carved abalone shell necklace. It is a great match for my new earrings.
Actually Heather's jewellery (especially those gorgeous Impala earrings that introduced me to her work here on the forum, THANK YOU PURR!) has inspired me to get my own golden-chained "dynamic" earrings made. Please excuse the messy hair.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.25.58.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.25.50.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.25.13.jpg

Morella-- That is gorgeous simplicity at it's best.

BWeaves-- the combos are all great, but the combination layering on your plum turtleneck is gorgeous.

JP-- your coin is precious and the layering is so tasteful. I love metals and gems and pearls together. That coin is a find.

Still cold here, so I took a photo in an empty office. I'm still on a white triples kick.

Natural white Hanadamas from PP, and my first akoya rope, worn with my birthday choker with Mom's mabe' enhancer and mabe earrings. I'm not really a mabe' fan, but I felt like these needed to be worn today. They're growing on me. I think mabe's were Mom's only way of handling pearl shrinkage syndrome in the 1980's and early 90s.

Natural white Hanadamas from Pearl Paradise, and my first akoya rope, worn with my birthday choker with Mom's mabe' enhancer and mabe earrings

Here's a more infocus shot I just took at home. Years ago, it would have bugged me that the pearls in the various necklaces don't match. Now, viva la difference.

Natural white Hanadamas from Pearl Paradise, and my first akoya rope, worn with my birthday choker with Mom's mabe' enhancer and mabe earrings

I'm actually blown away by the akoya pearls in my birthday necklace. They're 60 years old and they look as good as my Hanadamas.

Last edited:
JerseyPearl, I love your coin pendant. My grandmother's name was Sarah so it's one of my favorite names.
BWeaves, just wow to that littleH pendant combined with your akoya ropes.
Morella, the Heather Benjamin necklace really compliments your earrings, but lets them shine.

JerseyPearl, I love your coin pendant. My grandmother's name was Sarah so it's one of my favorite names.
BWeaves, just wow to that littleH pendant combined with your akoya ropes.
Morella, the Heather Benjamin necklace really compliments your earrings, but lets them shine.
Thanks! I am in love with these love tokens.

BWeaves, my mother also had a whole collection of mabe pearl jewelry. Many many pieces are in that same tear drop shape. They aren't really my style, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them. It's funny because there are some pieces she had that were antiques that she purchased as estate or at auction that I gladly resold. But her mabe pieces were contemporary, and she really loved wearing them (in her best Alexis Carrington style)

Back